There are 252 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
I don't understand why some folks are so crazy about being wrong, or potentially being wrong. I'm wrong about stuff, its no big deal. You just learn and grow from it.

if lance started balling out or had won QB2, or even was QB1 - I'd root for him and admit i was wrong.

i get corrected on here all the time, its not a big deal. none of us know everything, we are just giving our opinions.

Huh, I wouldn't know :)

#DontBeWrongProgram.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Hope he becomes a star. Because f**k Kyle.

Such a weird position to take. You'd rather the 49ers and Purdy all fail miserably just to spit Kyle? You'd choose to go 0-17 just to spite Kyle? This is dumb.

Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Na... it seems like Kyle had his mind made up and was worried Trey might look much better than Sam against the Chargers.

So didn't want to take the chance and start the news stories early.

LOL, I don't dig theories like that, but when Trey led that last game winning drive, and Aiyuk was so excited for him he got that penalty, maybe things like that played in too. Locker room obviously loved him.

Was it for Trey or was it for Latu? He went towards Latu

Was Aiyuk working with Latu the past couple offseasons? I think they built some chemistry.

Pretty good bet Aiyuk and Trey will be on the same team in 2 years... Unless Trey goes to a team that has an established #1 WR.

Aiyuk is gonna get paid in a few years or if we trade him next year...before he hits free agency.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:49 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tommyncal:
QB2 was given to Darnold at his signing. No way Darnold signs with the possibility of being QB3.

Watching preseason it was clear who QB2 was for me

That may be, but a former top 3 pick, who had been a starter at both previous stops to sign on to be QB3, or even compete to be backup is dubious. Just because he looked the part to you doesn't mean there wasn't an agreement for him to come here in the first place.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Such a weird position to take. You'd rather the 49ers and Purdy all fail miserably just to spit Kyle? You'd choose to go 0-17 just to spite Kyle? This is dumb.

I shall laugh when Purdy balls out this year.

He must of stocked up on Trey Lance jerseys and trading cards, now he doesn't know what to do with them. lmao Kyle just bankrupted his resale market.
Pretty good bet Aiyuk and Trey will be on the same team next year... Unless Trey goes to a team that has an established #1 WR.

Aiyuk is gonna get paid next year.

Trey isn't going to be a starting QB more than likely. His career is in serious jeopardy guys.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I hope Lance fails miserably on whatever team he is sent to. If he becomes a perennial pro bowler, I am going to be livid.

Don't look at it that way, homie. I'm still hoping he has a great career, but the fit wasn't right here. Hell, RGIII may have had a good career if not for the Shanahans, doesn't mean either is wrong. Was just never a fit.

While I will be absolutely forever livid if Trey becomes a pro bowl top echelon QB for another team, not gonna be mad at all if Trey bounces us from the playoffs on whatever team he joins. Kyle would deserve it and plenty of the posters on the zone.

Kyle better pray that Trey is ultimately mediocre or worse or that Brock wins us #6.

If Brock goes down now for the season we are completely f**ked.

First of all, what is wrong with you? lol. That first bolded statement is cringe.

Second of all, we were f**ked if we had to go with Lance too at QB2. He was clearly beaten by Darnold.

Lol he isn't a 49er fan, hes a Trey Lance fan. there is a difference. he wants to be right so bad about Lance that he wants the team to have bad outcomes. If he is rooting for another team to beat the 49ers in the playoffs, he isn't a 49er fan.

i concur, we were still royally effed if Brock went down and lance was here. It's just delusions of grandeur that Lance would come in and be Mahomes.

Alex Smith syndrome.

I don't understand why some folks are so crazy about being wrong, or potentially being wrong. I'm wrong about stuff, its no big deal. You just learn and grow from it.

if lance started balling out or had won QB2, or even was QB1 - I'd root for him and admit i was wrong.

i get corrected on here all the time, its not a big deal. none of us know everything, we are just giving our opinions.

People like to fancy themselves as knowledgeable when the reality is 99.9% of us don't know s**t. Then when they are wrong, the whip out the cooler full of excuses. Its a sign of insecurity.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:51 PM ]
I hope Lance fails miserably on whatever team he is sent to. If he becomes a perennial pro bowler, I am going to be livid.

Don't look at it that way, homie. I'm still hoping he has a great career, but the fit wasn't right here. Hell, RGIII may have had a good career if not for the Shanahans, doesn't mean either is wrong. Was just never a fit.

If we move on from Trey, I absolutely want Kyle and Lynch to be right about moving on from him. I don't think that's out of line to say. If he becomes a star, that's going to be a dark cloud hanging over this franchise, unless we win a Superbowl soon.

I hope he does well because he's a good person, but there's no way I'd root for a 49er loss unless it was for a draft pick to get a truly and undeniably generational player.

It's crazy. I'm over here saying "f**k TREY" for not developing into Mahomes. Instead he became EJ Manuel

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
This is the only thing that makes sense given Kyle's comments. Good for him honestly. I don't think Sam did enough but again, I'm not at practice so I wouldn't know.

Kyle is feeding a message out for public consumption. We are trying to trade him because we want to, lol.

Im all for trading Trey at this point, if they truly don't see anything in Trey going forward, or if they can use the money to bolster this roster, or potentially keep Hufanga and Aiyuk.

But man, I feel like I trust Kyle and John less and less. Compounding mistakes like drafting 3rd round RBs, to replace 3rd round RBs.

I wish I could say they learn from their mistakes, but I don't see it.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Pretty good bet Aiyuk and Trey will be on the same team next year... Unless Trey goes to a team that has an established #1 WR.

Aiyuk is gonna get paid next year.

Trey isn't going to be a starting QB more than likely. His career is in serious jeopardy guys.

yeah, I mean which team could he go to right now and start? He wont be traded in division, so the Cards are out. it's also late in the off season, so he would need time to learn a playbook.

He could possibly start later in the season for ATL, WAS, MIA.. Or next year for MIN. Depends on how things go but I don't really see a situation that he will go to and immediately be the starter.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Yes it does. It sounds like he's trying to convince Trey to stick around (the "best for him" comment). But it could all be smoke.

Still, given what Kyle said earlier in the week, it seems Trey wants out.

Best for him?
Kyle and everyone saying that this kid needs reps and experience.
Yes, sitting behind Purdy AND Darnold obviously will help him to be a "very successful player in this league"

What happens if he indeed turns out to be a bust and is nothing more than a backup tier NFL QB, ala Darnold. Will you admit that you were wrong?

He must of stocked up on Trey Lance jerseys and trading cards, now he doesn't know what to do with them. lmao Kyle just bankrupted his resale market.

My cousin buys trading cards and had done pretty good with some Steph Curry rookies and a few others, but got into financial issues last year and asked me to buy them from him. It was essentially a $1000 gift for my family, but right after I bought them from him Trey was injured and we started down this road. So if you're gonna blame anyone, blame me.
Share 49ersWebzone