LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 136 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Watch Darnold throw 2 picks on Friday. Now that he was handed the #2 job he can go back to doing what he does best and that is turn the ball over.

damn might lose a preseason game. there goes our season.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Best for him?
Kyle and everyone saying that this kid needs reps and experience.
Yes, sitting behind Purdy AND Darnold obviously will help him to be a "very successful player in this league"

What NFL team do you think is giving game reps to Lance in his current state? What current starter is he beating out?

Well, there were many other teams interested in drafting him when we did, hence the need to trade up for him. All would have known he was raw and needed development, so I would imagine similar teams still lurk.

How do you know? I will never be convinced we needed to move up for him.

I'm not trying to convince you. Merely stating what most media outlets said. There really was a reason why mock drafts had him going in the top five.
Watch Darnold throw 2 picks on Friday. Now that he was handed the #2 job he can go back to doing what he does best and that is turn the ball over.

Nah, he's saving those for when he starts at some point In the season.

Kyle gonna see just how bad of a QB Sam Is.
Originally posted by boast:
Steve Young said Trey should claw and fight his way to stay in SF. said it's the best place for him to get better.

Can we just say once and for all, Steve Young, great QB, not so great football commentator. Being QB2 like Zack Wilson behind Aaron Rodgers is not such a bad thing. Being third string behind two younger, cheaper players is not a good position to be in. Lance would be better off with a fresh start. From the Niners perspective, I thought there would be value in keeping him and letting him run the practice squad against our first rate defense, assuming the trade offers will be crap.

If I remembered correctly, Darnold had 0 turnover worthy plays during preseason, Trey had around 6.
Well, there were many other teams interested in drafting him when we did, hence the need to trade up for him. All would have known he was raw and needed development, so I would imagine similar teams still lurk.

Were there? Or did the team just talk itself into it? Consider how many draft rumors every single year turn out to be BS.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Best for him?
Kyle and everyone saying that this kid needs reps and experience.
Yes, sitting behind Purdy AND Darnold obviously will help him to be a "very successful player in this league"

What NFL team do you think is giving game reps to Lance in his current state? What current starter is he beating out?

How do you know? I will never be convinced we needed to move up for him.

I'm not trying to convince you. Merely stating what most media outlets said. There really was a reason why mock drafts had him going in the top five.

The most likely was the falcons, and there is videos of them fist-pumping when Niners picked Trey.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Why develop someone who can't beat out Sammy D

Our development energy is with Brock.

Most dramatic backup QB competition in league history, lol.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Montana:
He barely spoke to anyone on the sidelines at the Raiders game from what I saw..looked a million miles away. Guess he probably knew. Hoping the best for him.

I do believe the team has kept him the know. People just hang on public statements way too much.

The fact he wasn't at practice tells me that something is going on. that wouldn't happen if it wasn't for some sort of issue and/or trade.

I suppose one theory is that Kyle named Darnold QB2, and then Trey just wants out. But that might not be likely. If Trey requested to be trade, I think that would be the news headline.

It's just weird to me that Lance wasn't out there today. It may of been his decision but idk. I almost feel like he's known he was QB3 for a while, especially if most of us did. makes me think the team told him theyre going to move him and he can go home.

I believe Trey was fine being Brock's backup. He knows Brock has been fantastic and just wanted the chance to backup and keep moving forward. Now his coach totally blew him off. The problem is now he can't even go somewhere else and have any chance than he does here this year.

another thing. Let's say we're winning 41-10 in the 3rd. Are you seriously putting Sam darnold in to clean up rather than trey? Makes no sense lol

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Why develop someone who can't beat out Sammy D

23 years old
Very raw.
You saw something in him when he was 20.
He was hurt over a year since then.

If you believed in him when you drafted him there is no reason to not believe in him any more because he rarely got more experience than he had when you drafted him
It's just weird to me that Lance wasn't out there today. It may of been his decision but idk. I almost feel like he's known he was QB3 for a while, especially if most of us did. makes me think the team told him theyre going to move him and he can go home.

The bottom is what almost assuredly happened. We're two weeks from the start of the season. The curtains are coming down.

Were there? Or did the team just talk itself into it? Consider how many draft rumors every single year turn out to be BS.

Atlanta was heavily rumored to be interested in him, and almost every mock draft. I read, had him going in the top five. Teams get overzealous when drafting quarterbacks, and I rarely see those slated to go high slide. It happens, but Mitch Trubiskis happen too. I just remember many outlets debating between Lance, fields, Wilson. Jones was added in to the debate later, but only because of the reported interest from Kyle Shanahan.

its not about him being a starter anywhere.
its about a staff that believes in him and wants to develop him.
Thats obviously not the case in SF when the place friggin Sammy D in front of you.

Look everyone on the outside is working off limited information and haven't seen enough to know if that potential is real or fake. They've spent three years with him, know the plays that were called and did retrospectives afterwards. They know whether keeping him is worth the potential distraction with the media.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

big mad.

they better have extra security at Kyle's home tonight. Lol Ryan Hensley about to try and assassinate Kyle.

That guy, Ted H, Jessie and the rest of the cohn's minions are CLOWNS 🤡
Share 49ersWebzone