LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 261 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by tankle104:
they better have extra security at Kyle's home tonight. Lol Ryan Hensley about to try and assassinate Kyle.

hahahaha that dude. his tweet about Trey throwing 500+ yards if he had played the entire DEN game had me lolling.

Yes, that had me LMAO
what a 🤡

it's funny but there is a part of me that is actually worried. Ryan Hensley & Ted H have spent the past 9 months tweeting and talking about Lance all day everyday. Kyle just ripped their hearts out. Those are dangerous people right now. lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Why develop someone who can't beat out Sammy D

23 years old
Very raw.
You saw something in him when he was 20.
He was hurt over a year since then.

If you believed in him when you drafted him there is no reason to not believe in him any more because he rarely got more experience than he had when you drafted him

The reasons are 1. Brock Purdy's performance last year, and 2. the window of opportunity has come and gone. They can't tell this talented roster for yet another year that they are rolling with the less ready guy. They did that once but just can't do it again.
It's not that. It's the fact they wouldn't even give him qb2. Zero faith in the kid.
Watch him bounce to Seattle, LA, or Dallas in a couple years and tear us up for a decade 😂

They are past giving him anything. This is a win-now team. Roles are EARNED.
Originally posted by Montana:
Was really hoping Trey would end up on a Subway commercial saying he pro-ferred Chicken Terriaki. Might not have the chance now

Going to have to settle for Brock and his Buffalo Wild Wings
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
While I will be absolutely forever livid if Trey becomes a pro bowl top echelon QB for another team, not gonna be mad at all if Trey bounces us from the playoffs on whatever team he joins. Kyle would deserve it and plenty of the posters on the zone.

Kyle better pray that Trey is ultimately mediocre or worse or that Brock wins us #6.

If Brock goes down now for the season we are completely f**ked.

In other words, you root for individuals more than the team.

I've always found this weird. Thought it was weird when some people became "Chiefs fans" in 1993-1994, too.

I root for the team obviously. I will ROOT FOR the 49ers of course if we play Lance in the playoffs ever. Just saying I won't be mad
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
1) Disappointed in this whole process, I wanted Lance from the moment we traded up. And for the record, I'm not not mad at the trade. We took a big swing and apparently whiffed.

2) I honestly believe that it was essentially a tie this offseason between Darnold and Lance, and apparently that was enough to push Darnold to #2, as he's more similar to Purdy.

3) Is Shanahan on the hot seat? No. Should he be? Not yet. If Lance is in fact a bust, then you have to give it to them for moving on quickly. If he's not, and let's say in 3 years he's better than anything the Niners have and the Niners haven't won a SB, then absolutely.

4) I still don't think trading him makes sense or cutting him for that matter, there's enough dead cap anyway. Our history with QBs and our poor O-line means we'll most likely need Darnold and may need Lance too. Keep him as scout QB. The object is to win a SB this year and he's more valuable as a second backup than a 4th rounder next year.

5) He may have asked for a trade. If that's the case, then I'm less reluctant to let him leave, but still return is pretty minimal.

Well said
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
This. The idea that another team is going to give him runway to develop like it's still 2021 after 3-4 years of not playing football is just insane. It's not going to happen.

I don't mean to make it sound dickish but he should consider playing in the XFL/UFL whatever spring football league just for the reps. He needs lots and lots of reps, like thousands and it's not going to happen as an NFL backup. He might be able to open up some opportunities for himself that way too.
it's funny but there is a part of me that is actually worried. Ryan Hensley & Ted H have spent the past 9 months tweeting and talking about Lance all day everyday. Kyle just ripped their hearts out. Those are dangerous people right now. lol

Ted H is just ridiculous. All those guys are.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
People are trying to make excuses for Kyle saying Trey is not the only top drafted QB To not work out. No but I am sure he is the only one that was given up on after 4 starts and had a HC who refused to even try to develop him.

Kyle certainly tried to develop him, it is just that Trey hasn't develop enough to still be considered a good prosect.

You might be right about the 4 starts. Jim Druckenmiller only got 1 start. That is not 4, ok.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't mean to make it sound dickish but he should consider playing in the XFL/UFL whatever spring football league just for the reps. He needs lots and lots of reps, like thousands and it's not going to happen as an NFL backup. He might be able to open up some opportunities for himself that way too.

He really might not have a choice in a year or two.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Yeah that Ryan Hensley dude is borderline unhinged. Needs to chill out.

I'd bet my life that he has a shrine of lance on the ceiling above his bed.

Probably covered in his DNA...

While I will be absolutely forever livid if Trey becomes a pro bowl top echelon QB for another team, not gonna be mad at all if Trey bounces us from the playoffs on whatever team he joins. Kyle would deserve it and plenty of the posters on the zone.

Kyle better pray that Trey is ultimately mediocre or worse or that Brock wins us #6.

If Brock goes down now for the season we are completely f**ked.

In other words, you root for individuals more than the team.

I've always found this weird. Thought it was weird when some people became "Chiefs fans" in 1993-1994, too.

I root for the team obviously. I will ROOT FOR the 49ers of course if we play Lance in the playoffs ever. Just saying I won't be mad
Why be mad, that's a few easy INTs
This. The idea that another team is going to give him runway to develop like it's still 2021 after 3-4 years of not playing football is just insane. It's not going to happen.

do NFL contracts allow you to play in other leagues? Honestly, the CFL has helped some guys get their careers jump started.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
1) Disappointed in this whole process, I wanted Lance from the moment we traded up. And for the record, I'm not not mad at the trade. We took a big swing and apparently whiffed.

2) I honestly believe that it was essentially a tie this offseason between Darnold and Lance, and apparently that was enough to push Darnold to #2, as he's more similar to Purdy.

3) Is Shanahan on the hot seat? No. Should he be? Not yet. If Lance is in fact a bust, then you have to give it to them for moving on quickly. If he's not, and let's say in 3 years he's better than anything the Niners have and the Niners haven't won a SB, then absolutely.

4) I still don't think trading him makes sense or cutting him for that matter, there's enough dead cap anyway. Our history with QBs and our poor O-line means we'll most likely need Darnold and may need Lance too. Keep him as scout QB. The object is to win a SB this year and he's more valuable as a second backup than a 4th rounder next year.

5) He may have asked for a trade. If that's the case, then I'm less reluctant to let him leave, but still return is pretty minimal.

Well said

Thanks, still disheartening

I thought that too. The nfl really needs a minor league. Guaranteed many more players would develop into legit nfl contributors. Especially linemen and QB's.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
It's not that. It's the fact they wouldn't even give him qb2. Zero faith in the kid.
Watch him bounce to Seattle, LA, or Dallas in a couple years and tear us up for a decade 😂

zero faith? what do you call naming him the unquestionable starter in 2022?
Share 49ersWebzone