LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 131 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
I was hoping he'd become Jalen Hurts and instead he became Jalen Hurd.

Unlike the Niners, The Eagles were patient with Hurts. Now they are reaping the benefits. Like the Bills were patient with Allen.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Aug 23, 2023 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
I root for the team obviously. I will ROOT FOR the 49ers of course if we play Lance in the playoffs ever. Just saying I won't be mad

Yes you will. Lol, we all would be.

Rest easy that the chances that scenario happens are basically zero.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
While I will be absolutely forever livid if Trey becomes a pro bowl top echelon QB for another team, not gonna be mad at all if Trey bounces us from the playoffs on whatever team he joins. Kyle would deserve it and plenty of the posters on the zone.

Kyle better pray that Trey is ultimately mediocre or worse or that Brock wins us #6.

If Brock goes down now for the season we are completely f**ked.

In other words, you root for individuals more than the team.

I've always found this weird. Thought it was weird when some people became "Chiefs fans" in 1993-1994, too.

I root for the team obviously. I will ROOT FOR the 49ers of course if we play Lance in the playoffs ever. Just saying I won't be mad

We have a better chance to win Hames this season with Sam playing opposed to Lance. Lance is not better than Darnold right now. They are maximizing their window and not trying to develop a guy that hasn't gotten better in 2 seasons because of injury and fixing his throwing motion.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
People are trying to make excuses for Kyle saying Trey is not the only top drafted QB To not work out. No but I am sure he is the only one that was given up on after 4 starts and had a HC who refused to even try to develop him.

The football landscape is littered with 1st round QBs that busted without even starting a game for the team that drafted them.

Jim Drunkenmiller started 1 game in his 2-year career. Nobody ever argued "didn't really have a chance!"
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by tankle104:
it's funny but there is a part of me that is actually worried. Ryan Hensley & Ted H have spent the past 9 months tweeting and talking about Lance all day everyday. Kyle just ripped their hearts out. Those are dangerous people right now. lol

Ted H is just ridiculous. All those guys are.

Lol Like i'd be bummed out if brock wasn't starting but I'd be fine, id mainly just be confused. These guys need therapy, They make their lovers wear a lance jersey and helmet during bang bang.
As long as Purdy stays healthy, we'll be ok. Kyle needs to get Purdy to stop taking chances with his health.
Unlike the Niners, The Eagles were patient with Hurts. Now they are reaping the benefits.

The Eagles weren't a SB team when they moved to Hurts. They didn't have better QBs on their roster. Hurts was a better player than Trey.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I say mid to late round and probably a pick swap.

The first thing the new team will want to see, can you play? His contract is up at the end of next year. So it's not about let's give you 5 years to develop, that's not a thing. Guys have to win now in most NFL cities, or they are out. That goes for players, coaches, GMs everybody. Perform now or see ya. It's a quick business.

This. The idea that another team is going to give him runway to develop like it's still 2021 after 3-4 years of not playing football is just insane. It's not going to happen.

Go take a shot in the CFL. There have been a few that have played in the CFL that went to have great NFL careers.
People are trying to make excuses for Kyle saying Trey is not the only top drafted QB To not work out. No but I am sure he is the only one that was given up on after 4 starts and had a HC who refused to even try to develop him.

What did Phillys coach do to develop Hurts? I want details. McDermott what did he do to develop Josh Allen? What work did he do with him that Kyle didn't do? It's almost like players are the ones who actually make or break themselves. If Mahomes went to the Redskins he'd still be Mahomes.
Kyle's interview sounding way different than what reports were implying.

Reports implying we were 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

Kyle claims he wants him here as #3 as long as Trey wants that too, and they like Trey and will do whatever is best for both parties.

Unlike the Niners, The Eagles were patient with Hurts. Now they are reaping the benefits. Like the Bills were patient with Allen.

Hurts also stayed healthy enough to continually show improvement in the games and no other QB on the roster ever had a real shot to unseat him.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
It's not that. It's the fact they wouldn't even give him qb2. Zero faith in the kid.
Watch him bounce to Seattle, LA, or Dallas in a couple years and tear us up for a decade 😂

zero faith? what do you call naming him the unquestionable starter in 2022?

That makes no sense. I live in the present. Why isn't he qb2?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
1) Disappointed in this whole process, I wanted Lance from the moment we traded up. And for the record, I'm not not mad at the trade. We took a big swing and apparently whiffed.

2) I honestly believe that it was essentially a tie this offseason between Darnold and Lance, and apparently that was enough to push Darnold to #2, as he's more similar to Purdy.

3) Is Shanahan on the hot seat? No. Should he be? Not yet. If Lance is in fact a bust, then you have to give it to them for moving on quickly. If he's not, and let's say in 3 years he's better than anything the Niners have and the Niners haven't won a SB, then absolutely.

4) I still don't think trading him makes sense or cutting him for that matter, there's enough dead cap anyway. Our history with QBs and our poor O-line means we'll most likely need Darnold and may need Lance too. Keep him as scout QB. The object is to win a SB this year and he's more valuable as a second backup than a 4th rounder next year.

5) He may have asked for a trade. If that's the case, then I'm less reluctant to let him leave, but still return is pretty minimal.

Well said

Thanks, still disheartening

Agreed, well said. This whole situation is making me sour on Kyle for sure. Especially since Kyle's solution is Sam who I'm not sold on at all.

well by year 3 they had seen at least 1-2 years of play from those guys, not 3 full games. big difference. we had the same exact plan as hurts timeline but hurts didn't get injured everytime he stepped on the field.

Why do people keep whining like they didn't give trey a shot? he had as free of a chance as you can possibly get in this league and he got injured immediately.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kyle's interview sounding way different than what reports were implying.

Reports implying we were 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

Kyle claims he wants him here as #3 as long as Trey wants that too, and they like Trey and will do whatever is best for both parties.

Trey is gone the first chance he gets.
Share 49ersWebzone