LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 155 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

Crazy that most of had played more pick up games than Trey. Go figure.
Originally posted by Montana:
Raiders fans be like

Yeah, let's see how they feel by week 3. Buyers remorse is real.
Sometimes a change of scenery is all a QB needs. Look at Jim Plunkett (provided you are old enough).

Drafted by New England. Result: Murdered behind a porous offensive line for five seasons.
Traded to SF. Result: Murdered a second time behind a porous offensive line for two seasons.
Signed by Raiders after the 49ers cut him: Sat on the bench for three seasons and healed mentally and physically before rising from the ashes and winning two SB trophies with the Raiders.

Anything can happen in this league. Anything. Trey isn't finished. Not yet. Not by a longshot.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by tankle104:
well what doesn't add up there is why wasn't trey at practice today? its one of two things
1. Trey got mad and wants to leave and they said he could go home
2. The team told him they were moving him, so allowed him to go home (He could be fined if he didn't get permission).

curious which one is true.

It's so obviously #2, lol.

Is it? Then why haven't they announced the trade yet?

Not trying to be condescending I'm genuinely not sure why.

they might be trying to leverage more than one team against each other and see how much they can end up getting for him? a decision will have to be made soon because today was the last day of camp.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

I dont care how we find our qb, when you get him you get him, rest his history

And Lance was injured multiple times. He was handed the starting job last season even though Jimmy was a better QB on the roster.

He blew his chances here
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kyle's interview sounding way different than what reports were implying.

Reports implying we were done 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

Kyle claims he wants him here as #3 as long as Trey wants that too, and they like Trey and will do whatever is best for both parties.

Did he address why trey didn't practice?

Not that I saw. Something doesn't add up.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
well what doesn't add up there is why wasn't trey at practice today? its one of two things
1. Trey got mad and wants to leave and they said he could go home
2. The team told him they were moving him, so allowed him to go home (He could be fined if he didn't get permission).

curious which one is true.

It's so obviously #2, lol.

Is it? Then why haven't they announced the trade yet?

Not trying to be condescending I'm genuinely not sure why.

they might be trying to leverage more than one team against each other and see how much they can end up getting for him? a decision will have to be made soon because today was the last day of camp.

They simply have no leverage. If they get an offer they are taking it.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Montana:
Raiders fans be like

Yeah, let's see how they feel by week 3. Buyers remorse is real.

I said it before, wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy takes them to the playoffs. But that's as far as they'll go.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Hope he becomes a star. Because f**k Kyle.

What happens if he indeed turns out to be a bust and is nothing more than a backup tier NFL QB, ala Darnold. Will you admit that you were wrong?

Absolutely sure.

Always willing to admit when I'm wrong.

And while bullish on Trey I never said Trey will be a star. Nobody knows as he has only started essentially 2 games.

The team held him out. Just like Jimmy last year. We're trying to move him and the team can't hide their intentions two weeks away from the start of the season.

To have Trey be applauded by fans like he was during the Broncos game..then to have this? Plenty of upset fans out there I am sure.
Kyle's interview sounding way different than what reports were implying.

Reports implying we were done 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

Kyle claims he wants him here as #3 as long as Trey wants that too, and they like Trey and will do whatever is best for both parties.

Did he address why trey didn't practice?

Heard Warner's interview and he didn't know why Lance was missing or what's going on
Btw I don't think Trey is exactly "mad" at Kyle. So saying no faith in him may be too strong. But the way this played out for Lance he has zero chance to develop here. I think it could be mutual to trade him somewhere Lance believes he can better develop. I don't think that's this year. And I can't imagine him sitting again next year. He'll go the worst team just to get experience if the opportunity is there. And I can see Kyle obliging. Regardless of compensation tbh.
Riddick is being disingenuous with the mismanagement comment. he's media rage desking.

the bottom-line is that Trey Lance's injuries have affected his career more than anything else.
I don't care what Riddick says, no team has hired him for a front office, and if they did, they let his sorry ass go.

He's right though. That doesn't mean someone should be fired. But this was a major lesson to be learned.

I mean the part I disagree with is the trade up and which player they selected. idk about the managing it part. They gave him a redshirt year (Which he got injured twice) and then they gave him the keys to the franchise unquestioned - and he got hurt immediately again.

Then someone else stepped up and played amazing, meanwhile lance never impressed them in the first two seasons, so where is the mismanaging part? maybe they should of let him go earlier this off season?
Share 49ersWebzone