LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 235 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

I dont care how we find our qb, when you get him you get him, rest his history

I don't care what Riddick says, no team has hired him for a front office, and if they did, they let his sorry ass go.

Why would they let him go?

Don't get so defensive over something that objectively was a massive f**k up.

This go down as one of the worst draft picks in the franchises history and we got 170 random passes to make a judgement over it. I love kyle, but he isn't above being judged either.
Originally posted by captveg:

"I don't care what Brady has returned to you. You cannot bench a several-year started and trade him in-division and not have people have to answer for the mismanagement of Drew Bledsoe." - Riddick before the 2002 season, probably.
They made Bledsoe the highest paid QB ever before the start of the 2001 season too. lol
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Btw I don't think Trey is exactly "mad" at Kyle. So saying no faith in him may be too strong. But the way this played out for Lance he has zero chance to develop here. I think it could be mutual to trade him somewhere Lance believes he can better develop. I don't think that's this year. And I can't imagine him sitting again next year. He'll go the worst team just to get experience if the opportunity is there. And I can see Kyle obliging. Regardless of compensation tbh.

Again, we owe Trey nothing. We'll move him because it's in our interest (even though it will also probably benefit Trey). We save money, we remove a media distraction, we keep a guy at QB3 we like with probably minimal loss in ability next to current Trey.

I don't think Kyle thinks exactly like you. I think he genuinely likes trey and believes he can be something but he just can't do it here anymore. Not even the kids fault. He as much as said that. So I could see Kyle trading him for less than may be ideal but while trying to good by the kid.
I mean the part I disagree with is the trade up and which player they selected. idk about the managing it part. They gave him a redshirt year (Which he got injured twice) and then they gave him the keys to the franchise unquestioned - and he got hurt immediately again.

Then someone else stepped up and played amazing, meanwhile lance never impressed them in the first two seasons, so where is the mismanaging part? maybe they should of let him go earlier this off season?

The trade and selection was bad. Giving him the starting job when he wasn't ready and running him into the ground was bad, risking a SB quality season in the process. It's been all bad.

When they started hedging is when they began to correctly manage the position. And then Brock made it easy.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I don't care what Riddick says, no team has hired him for a front office, and if they did, they let his sorry ass go.

This go down as one of the worst draft picks in the franchises history and we got 170 random passes to make a judgement over it. I love kyle, but he isn't above being judged either.

huh? I was just joking and saying riddick has tried to get hired for a front office job and either hasn't got it or if he did, they let him go. lol

This.

"I don't care what Brady has returned to you. You cannot bench a several-year started and trade him in-division and not have people have to answer for the mismanagement of Drew Bledsoe." - Riddick before the 2002 season, probably.

Let's not go comparing Purdy to Brady just yet.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

You sound like me now
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I don't think Kyle thinks exactly like you. I think he genuinely likes trey and believes he can be something but he just can't do it here anymore. Not even the kids fault. He as much as said that. So I could see Kyle trading him for less than may be ideal but while trying to good by the kid.

I mean he's going to say that for sure. The actions tell a different story.

They made Bledsoe the highest paid QB ever before the start of the 2001 season too. lol
BB has been on the hot seat ever since

Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I hope Lance fails miserably on whatever team he is sent to. If he becomes a perennial pro bowler, I am going to be livid.

Don't look at it that way, homie. I'm still hoping he has a great career, but the fit wasn't right here. Hell, RGIII may have had a good career if not for the Shanahans, doesn't mean either is wrong. Was just never a fit.

While I will be absolutely forever livid if Trey becomes a pro bowl top echelon QB for another team, not gonna be mad at all if Trey bounces us from the playoffs on whatever team he joins. Kyle would deserve it and plenty of the posters on the zone.

Kyle better pray that Trey is ultimately mediocre or worse or that Brock wins us #6.

If Brock goes down now for the season we are completely f**ked.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kyle's interview sounding way different than what reports were implying.

Reports implying we were done 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

Kyle claims he wants him here as #3 as long as Trey wants that too, and they like Trey and will do whatever is best for both parties.

Did he address why trey didn't practice?

Not that I saw. Something doesn't add up.

Ya his statement makes no sense
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Let's not go comparing Purdy to Brady just yet.

Comparing the situation of a low-round pick unseating a top pick. There are obviously a lot of differences, too. Nothing is ever a 1-1 comp.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

BB has been on the hot seat ever since

Never hotter than this year, and that's a fact.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I mean the part I disagree with is the trade up and which player they selected. idk about the managing it part. They gave him a redshirt year (Which he got injured twice) and then they gave him the keys to the franchise unquestioned - and he got hurt immediately again.

Then someone else stepped up and played amazing, meanwhile lance never impressed them in the first two seasons, so where is the mismanaging part? maybe they should of let him go earlier this off season?

The trade and selection was bad. Giving him the starting job when he wasn't ready and running him into the ground was bad, risking a SB quality season in the process. It's been all bad.

When they started hedging is when they began to correctly manage the position. And then Brock made it easy.

so what should they of done when they started him? they drafted him to play so they didn't have to pay Jimmy and could keep the team around him together. I think they underestimated how raw he really was and the learning curve involved. They didn't draft him to sit him for 2-3 years, the plan was for him to start after one and be able to play well enough to keep them in contention (Beause apparently what Jimmy was doing was really simple and easy).

The running him was wild but I'm assuming his passing was really unreliable and volatile, like it still is.
Share 49ersWebzone