LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 155 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I don't care what Riddick says, no team has hired him for a front office, and if they did, they let his sorry ass go.

He's right though. That doesn't mean someone should be fired. But this was a major lesson to be learned.

The lesson is they should come onto the 49er webzone and go with the consensus draft crush

I have yet to see the WZ reach consensus on anything or anyone.

The Bosa polls were usually 90% and that's just cause Phoenix was going full on election fraud tipping the scale for QW
The Bosa polls were usually 90% and that's just cause Phoenix was going full on election fraud tipping the scale for QW

Lmao.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kyle's interview sounding way different than what reports were implying.

Reports implying we were done 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

Kyle claims he wants him here as #3 as long as Trey wants that too, and they like Trey and will do whatever is best for both parties.

Did he address why trey didn't practice?

Not that I saw. Something doesn't add up.

Ya his statement makes no sense

what statement? all that's been released is a 90 sec sound bite. the entire interview hasnt aired yet
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Someone have the numbers for cap space saved this year and next? Wasn't it like 9m combined?

I think someone told me but I forget

I think money has to be a factor. While not franchise money, a player drafted in his slot is slated to make around $10 Million guaranteed next year. And if Darnold is the backup that they want, he's on a one year deal. If Purdy continues to play well, he'll be getting a bump in time. You can't be paying a third stringer $10 Million.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
1) Disappointed in this whole process, I wanted Lance from the moment we traded up. And for the record, I'm not not mad at the trade. We took a big swing and apparently whiffed.

2) I honestly believe that it was essentially a tie this offseason between Darnold and Lance, and apparently that was enough to push Darnold to #2, as he's more similar to Purdy.

3) Is Shanahan on the hot seat? No. Should he be? Not yet. If Lance is in fact a bust, then you have to give it to them for moving on quickly. If he's not, and let's say in 3 years he's better than anything the Niners have and the Niners haven't won a SB, then absolutely.

4) I still don't think trading him makes sense or cutting him for that matter, there's enough dead cap anyway. Our history with QBs and our poor O-line means we'll most likely need Darnold and may need Lance too. Keep him as scout QB. The object is to win a SB this year and he's more valuable as a second backup than a 4th rounder next year.

5) He may have asked for a trade. If that's the case, then I'm less reluctant to let him leave, but still return is pretty minimal.

Well said

Thanks, still disheartening

Agreed, well said. This whole situation is making me sour on Kyle for sure. Especially since Kyle's solution is Sam who I'm not sold on at all.

I'm not sour on Shanahan at all, I like that he does what he thinks vs what the media and fans want. Takes a lot of courage. He may be wrong with his evaluation and he may be right but it's unquestionably what he thinks is the best option for the team.

Again I believe 3rd QB gets the second most reps during the season.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

I dont care how we find our qb, when you get him you get him, rest his history

"I don't care what Brady has returned to you. You cannot bench a several-year started and trade him in-division and not have people have to answer for the mismanagement of Drew Bledsoe." - Riddick before the 2002 season, probably.

Let's not go comparing Purdy to Brady just yet.

Comparing the situation of a low-round pick unseating a top pick. There are obviously a lot of differences, too. Nothing is ever a 1-1 comp.

It's not quite the same because Bledsoe had already been there for 9-10 seasons when he got hurt and was coming off 3 straight subpar seasons.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 23, 2023 at 4:34 PM ]

Reports implying we were 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

Kyle claims he wants him here as #3 as long as Trey wants that too, and they like Trey and will do whatever is best for both parties.

My assumption is he was told this morning and decided to go home and evaluate what to do next.
I don't care what Riddick says, no team has hired him for a front office, and if they did, they let his sorry ass go.

He's right though. That doesn't mean someone should be fired. But this was a major lesson to be learned.

The lesson is they should come onto the 49er webzone and go with the consensus draft crush

I remember a lot of guys wanted Mahomes on here. I wanted Watson but I never really studied Mahomes cause... Texas Tech.. lol
Would be great if we could trade him for a decent CB, OL, or NT.

Actually I do.
Getting the majority of your first round picks right proves you are prepared and able to evaluate players accordingly.
Getting lucky on Mr. Irrelevant not so...thats more of a haymaker or winning in a lottery.

Now if we get into this situation again I would be more comfy to have someone on my side hitting the majority of his first rounders than someone who went lucky with Mr. Irrelevant. The odds getting as lucky a second time i would not trust on.

Originally posted by BSofSF:
Someone have the numbers for cap space saved this year and next? Wasn't it like 9m combined?

I think someone told me but I forget

I think money has to be a factor. While not franchise money, a player drafted in his slot is slated to make around $10 Million guaranteed next year. And if Darnold is the backup that they want, he's on a one year deal. If Purdy continues to play well, he'll be getting a bump in time. You can't be paying a third stringer $10 Million.

idk if Waterbear saw but we save $3.7M this year and $5.3M next season if we trade him post june 1 (which is what would happen)

if we cut him, we will have $15M dead cap space next year, so it's better to give lance away for free (or pay for someone to take him) than it is to cut him.
so what should they of done when they started him? they drafted him to play so they didn't have to pay Jimmy and could keep the team around him together. I think they underestimated how raw he really was and the learning curve involved. They didn't draft him to sit him for 2-3 years, the plan was for him to start after one and be able to play well enough to keep them in contention (Beause apparently what Jimmy was doing was really simple and easy).

The running him was wild but I'm assuming his passing was really unreliable and volatile, like it still is.

He should have not been selected 3rd overall firstly.

Second of all he should have never been given the job on a SB capable team without an ability to execute the offense while there were at least two better QBs on the roster. It put him behind with his teammates, and it got him hurt. And it also probably cost us homefield advantage in the playoffs.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Reports implying we were 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

My assumption is he was told this morning and decided to go home and evaluate what to do next.

I seriously doubt that. I think the FO doesn't want their trade bait getting injured and then being stuck with him for yet another miserable year. Shanahan and Lynch probably told him to stay at home and Trey's agent probably told him it's the best thing for him as well.

Well, you got me there, He was such a no brainer that other than BA, may be the only 1st round pick this FO didn't screw up though.

Actually I do.
Getting the majority of your first round picks right proves you are prepared and able to evaluate players accordingly.
Getting lucky on Mr. Irrelevant not so...thats more of a haymaker or winning in a lottery.

Now if we get into this situation again I would be more comfy to have someone on my side hitting the majority of his first rounders than someone who went lucky with Mr. Irrelevant. The odds getting as lucky a second time i would not trust on.

if you want your team to hit on first rounders, this is not the team to be a fan of. hahaha
Share 49ersWebzone