There are 200 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
so what should they of done when they started him? they drafted him to play so they didn't have to pay Jimmy and could keep the team around him together. I think they underestimated how raw he really was and the learning curve involved. They didn't draft him to sit him for 2-3 years, the plan was for him to start after one and be able to play well enough to keep them in contention (Beause apparently what Jimmy was doing was really simple and easy).

The running him was wild but I'm assuming his passing was really unreliable and volatile, like it still is.

He should have not been selected 3rd overall firstly.

Second of all he should have never been given the job on a SB capable team without an ability to execute the offense while there were at least two better QBs on the roster. It put him behind with his teammates, and it got him hurt. And it also probably cost us homefield advantage in the playoffs.

oh yeah, I 100% agree with that. I've been saying that for a year now. I don't think they had a choice, they had to start him. can't draft him and never actually attempt to put him out there. They at least gave him a shot and he got injured. this whole thing has been horrible.
Jimmy is somewhere right now like "Really? you put me through all of that for a QB3? REALY?!?"

Jimmy has no high horse to stand on here. He got injured again and that alone proved Shanny/Lynch correct. That the QB they drafted 3rd overall wasn't the answer on the other end doesn't let Jimmy off the hook for being the question.

when Jimmy stayed healthy, we were either in the super bowl or NFCC, that's worth something. He just couldn't stay healthy. He had his limitations, no doubt, but we treated him like crap for this.. lol I felt like that situation was handled very poorly as well.

I remember after Jimmy was supposed to leave after the 2021 season, he did an interview and said "yeah, I hope no one ever has to experience what I did last year. very uncomfortable and awkward" or something like that.

They didn't treat him like crap. Even if they did, they have to answer to ownership and the fan base and do whatever they think is best to win. That's the business. If 2/3 years you had your season derail because your starting QB got injured OF COURSE you're going to look for a potential replacement. I give Jimmy props for staying healthy enough to get the team to the 2021 NFC CG but him getting injured again in 2022 only proved them correct. it just happed to be the other QB nobody expected to be great that replaced him instead of the high pick.
I don't understand! Kyle said he wanted someone like mahommes! Now we have two below average jimmy clones! This is f**ken trash! faithful lmao… trash
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
This is the only thing that makes sense given Kyle's comments. Good for him honestly. I don't think Sam did enough but again, I'm not at practice so I wouldn't know.

Kyle is feeding a message out for public consumption. We are trying to trade him because we want to, lol.

Im all for trading Trey at this point, if they truly don't see anything in Trey going forward, or if they can use the money to bolster this roster, or potentially keep Hufanga and Aiyuk.

But man, I feel like I trust Kyle and John less and less. Compounding mistakes like drafting 3rd round RBs, to replace 3rd round RBs.

I wish I could say they learn from their mistakes, but I don't see it.

Yeah they've made so many mistakes, just look at this s**tty roster we are stuck with...

Yes! If this roster is the result of luck I'm not taking the risk of tossing their luck away for someone less lucky
  • pd24
  • Veteran
This also let's us pay other positions more for a while longer.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Finding a qb is hard, and our process and results have yield arguably the most talented roster in football

Agreed 100 percent. There are still things to learn and improve upon though.

We could be even better if we become more effective at the top of the draft. Tinker with the processes that lead to decisions in that regard.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danarez49:
I don't understand! Kyle said he wanted someone like mahommes! Now we have two below average jimmy clones! This is f**ken trash! faithful lmao… trash

Lol

lol Brock is below average Jimmy clone now?

so what should they of done when they started him? they drafted him to play so they didn't have to pay Jimmy and could keep the team around him together. I think they underestimated how raw he really was and the learning curve involved. They didn't draft him to sit him for 2-3 years, the plan was for him to start after one and be able to play well enough to keep them in contention (Beause apparently what Jimmy was doing was really simple and easy).

The running him was wild but I'm assuming his passing was really unreliable and volatile, like it still is.

Second of all he should have never been given the job on a SB capable team without an ability to execute the offense while there were at least two better QBs on the roster. It put him behind with his teammates, and it got him hurt. And it also probably cost us homefield advantage in the playoffs.

oh yeah, I 100% agree with that. I've been saying that for a year now. I don't think they had a choice, they had to start him. can't draft him and never actually attempt to put him out there. They at least gave him a shot and he got injured. this whole thing has been horrible.
Jimmy is somewhere right now like "Really? you put me through all of that for a QB3? REALY?!?"

Jimmy has no high horse to stand on here. He got injured again and that alone proved Shanny/Lynch correct. That the QB they drafted 3rd overall wasn't the answer on the other end doesn't let Jimmy off the hook for being the question.

when Jimmy stayed healthy, we were either in the super bowl or NFCC, that's worth something. He just couldn't stay healthy. He had his limitations, no doubt, but we treated him like crap for this.. lol I felt like that situation was handled very poorly as well.

I remember after Jimmy was supposed to leave after the 2021 season, he did an interview and said "yeah, I hope no one ever has to experience what I did last year. very uncomfortable and awkward" or something like that.

They didn't treat him like crap. Even if they did, they have to answer to ownership and the fan base and do whatever they think is best to win. That's the business. If 2/3 years you had your season derail because your starting QB got injured OF COURSE you're going to look for a potential replacement. I give Jimmy props for staying healthy enough to get the team to the 2021 NFC CG but him getting injured again in 2022 only proved them correct. it just happed to be the other QB nobody expected to be great that replaced him instead of the high pick.

They didn't even let him practice with the team last training camp and didn't give him a playbook.. lol made him go on a field by himself, while he was under contract with the team.. anyways, all I'm saying is that we kicked the best qb since Young (according to Kyle) to the curb for a guy we started 4 games and now are moving on. lol its just funny
Originally posted by pd24:
This also let's us pay other positions more for a while longer.

Yeah, brocks contract enables us to extend the window like 4-7 more years with the huge amount of talent we have and the way he contract can be extended in 3 years. its very appealing, he might end up being the best bargain in NFL history if we win it all.

Finding a QB is ridiculously difficult, especially an elite one. I think we found one in him. This is going to be an awesome year.
if you want your team to hit on first rounders, this is not the team to be a fan of. hahaha

Dude cares more about process than actual results

To be fair the process does matter. We've been great overall in the roster building category but we want to sustain it going forward. That's not guaranteed no matter where you find success in the draft. Keep working to get better. You do that by being critical of the process.

Finding a qb is hard, and our process and results have yield arguably the most talented roster in football

Having arguably the most talented roster in football is not the end goal.

Originally posted by boast:

I don't see JG at all in either of their game. Both Sam and BP can move pretty well if you ask me. Not 11 v 11, but wayy better than JG when it goes off schedule. That was when JG had struggles. Sam also has a freakin arm. He can put it downfield, that's not JG at all.
Originally posted by boast:

Brock is literally what I wanted Jimmy to be more like... mobile, attack downfield, more accurate outside the hashes and on the move... I don't get this comment.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Having arguably the most talented roster in football is not the end goal.

It most certainly is when it comes to roster building lol. Quality of roster is not the only factor in winning of course, which I'm sure is your point.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
No.

I would root for the Niners vs ANY TEAM no matter who is their QB. I worship the logo not the players wearing the helmet with the logo.

However, in the case of Trey I believe in his abilities and think the 49ers are handling the qb position terribly starting from passing on Mahomes due to a love affair with kirk cousins and then a former crush on the bust that is sam darnold and bringing him here in the first place. And now this.

Not to mention Brock has only a 7-game sample size himself.

Trey becoming a star would have nothing to do with me wanting the Niners to not win the Super Bowl every year.

The star who gets beaten out by Darnold, who is QB3, I mean ask yourself why KS sold the ranch for this guy, and now is bailing. You really are convinced, he's a star?

Lol he is not a star but rightfully or wrongfully, I am convinced he CAN be a star if given the same development time say as Josh Allen got. Bills fans called him a bust after a full 16 game season his first year and all those fans showed themselves to be complete idiots.

Our fans give Lance 3 games and think they know he sucks and is a bust yet they want an actual proven bust who has 55 starts of suck to be the backup to Brock.

But yeah only time will tell who is right about Lance. If he ends up a bust like Darnold after being given a year or two of playing time then I will certainly eat crow and say I was wrong to be bullish on Trey.

They didn't even let him practice with the team last training camp and didn't give him a playbook.. lol made him go on a field by himself, while he was under contract with the team.. anyways, all I'm saying is that we kicked the best qb since Young (according to Kyle) to the curb for a guy we started 4 games and now are moving on. lol its just funny

That occurred with Jimmy last year because BOTH parties were seeking a trade that never materialized. Jimmy may have been the best QB in SF since Young (debatable due to Garcia's solid play in his time), but Purdy obviously is who they think will be even better than that. Besides, Jimmy G was leaving as a free agent no matter who the 49ers had at QB this offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone