LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 242 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by danarez49:
I don't understand! Kyle said he wanted someone like mahommes! Now we have two below average jimmy clones! This is f**ken trash! faithful lmao… trash

When did Kyle Shanahan say this??
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by tankle104:
if you want your team to hit on first rounders, this is not the team to be a fan of. hahaha

Dude cares more about process than actual results

To be fair the process does matter. We've been great overall in the roster building category but we want to sustain it going forward. That's not guaranteed no matter where you find success in the draft. Keep working to get better. You do that by being critical of the process.

Finding a qb is hard, and our process and results have yield arguably the most talented roster in football

Having arguably the most talented roster in football is not the end goal.

It's often the means to the end, though. Pretty short list of untalented rosters to win a championship:

---

^ That list
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by danarez49:
I don't understand! Kyle said he wanted someone like mahommes! Now we have two below average jimmy clones! This is f**ken trash! faithful lmao… trash

When did Kyle Shanahan say this??

In his dream
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Lol he is not a star but rightfully or wrongfully, I am convinced he CAN be a star if given the same development time say as Josh Allen got. Bills fans called him a bust after a full 16 game season his first year and all those fans showed themselves to be complete idiots.

Our fans give Lance 3 games and think they know he sucks and is a bust yet they want an actual proven bust who has 55 starts of suck to be the backup to Brock.

But yeah only time will tell who is right about Lance. If he ends up a bust like Darnold after being given a year or two of playing time then I will certainly eat crow and say I was wrong to be bullish on Trey.

Go watch Josh Allen in college or his first couple of years in Buffalo.

He is so much more gifted than Trey from a pure talent perspective. It jumps out. The guy is an absolute freak.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
No.

I would root for the Niners vs ANY TEAM no matter who is their QB. I worship the logo not the players wearing the helmet with the logo.

However, in the case of Trey I believe in his abilities and think the 49ers are handling the qb position terribly starting from passing on Mahomes due to a love affair with kirk cousins and then a former crush on the bust that is sam darnold and bringing him here in the first place. And now this.

Not to mention Brock has only a 7-game sample size himself.

Trey becoming a star would have nothing to do with me wanting the Niners to not win the Super Bowl every year.

The star who gets beaten out by Darnold, who is QB3, I mean ask yourself why KS sold the ranch for this guy, and now is bailing. You really are convinced, he's a star?

Lol he is not a star but rightfully or wrongfully, I am convinced he CAN be a star if given the same development time say as Josh Allen got. Bills fans called him a bust after a full 16 game season his first year and all those fans showed themselves to be complete idiots.

Our fans give Lance 3 games and think they know he sucks and is a bust yet they want an actual proven bust who has 55 starts of suck to be the backup to Brock.

But yeah only time will tell who is right about Lance. If he ends up a bust like Darnold after being given a year or two of playing time then I will certainly eat crow and say I was wrong to be bullish on Trey.

Why would Trey get to play over Brock? Brock took his job, it is his team. Unfortunate that Trey got hurt, but s**t happens, but injuries lead to losing jobs in sports sometimes
Originally posted by captveg:
It's often the means to the end, though. Pretty short list of untalented rosters to win a championship:

---

^ That list

They criticize all the draft picks to get trey

we get a qb anyway plus the most talented roster in football

"Who cares about all that i just want a sb!"

lol

He is so much more gifted than Trey from a pure talent perspective. It jumps out. The guy is an absolute freak.

I think you need to go look again. You are blinded by who Allen is now, But he was beyond horrible in his 1st couple years. Especially his rookie year. He couldn't hit a 5 yard pass to save his life. If he was drafted by Kyle he would no longer be on the Niners.
This ultimately is going to make justifying trading 1st round picks for proven talent so much easier in this board
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I think you need to go look again. You are blinded by who Allen is now, But he was beyond horrible in his 1st couple years. Especially his rookie year. He couldn't hit a 5 yard pass to save his life. If he was drafted by Kyle he would no longer be on the Niners.

I'm talking about talent. His arm talent next to Trey's is a completely different level. His running is significantly better. He's bigger.

He actually has elite physical talent. Trey does not. Trey can move a little bit and can throw really hard when he's set.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Aug 23, 2023 at 5:05 PM ]
what a day. lol I just want to know if Lance will play this friday.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

He had 29 total TDs in year 2. Trey was nowhere close to Allen talent wise.

Looking like it's a hard no.

Looking like it's a hard no.

Yeah no chance if they are trying to move him

Allen's first couple of seasons in Buffalo were much like Trey's minus the injuries. The difference is Buffalo had the time and patience to allow him to develop. Much the same with Hurts in Philly.
Share 49ersWebzone