LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 194 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This ultimately is going to make justifying trading 1st round picks for proven talent so much easier in this board

f*ck them picks
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
At the end of the day I just don't think Trey is the type of QB Shanny wants/wanted. This pick never really made any sense to me for that very reason. Kyle wants a structured QB who's nimble enough to escape pressure but is also going to run the offense and plays he chooses. He doesn't want a mobile guy who might take a run instead of run his play.

Now I think Trey will become a legit pocket guy but I couldn't tell you when.

I think Mac Jones, while not a perfect QB, would have been a perfect fit for Shanny's system. He's a younger Matt Ryan type. Somehow the talent observers on the team got enamored with an inexperienced project with no dominant traits or results on film and talked themselves into him being the next Josh Allen.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Allen's first couple of seasons in Buffalo were much like Trey's minus the injuries. The difference is Buffalo had the time and patience to allow him to develop. Much the same with Hurts in Philly.

You're talking about statistical results. I'm talking about what is mostly 'god-given' ability. There is no comparison between Trey and Josh's talent.

Plus I watched Allen really closely. I'm telling you guys his accuracy issues were overblown. He played for a college where he had the burden of doing everything and it was not a QB friendly offense. The same was true in Buffalo and most young QBs take time to adjust.
Originally posted by boast:
This ultimately is going to make justifying trading 1st round picks for proven talent so much easier in this board

f*ck them picks

Yeah, we should trade them every year If possible.
Oh boy….

I hope I'm wrong, but…

I have a feeling Brock Purdy will show himself to just be an average QB this season.

Sam Darnold will be Sam Darnold. A bust

and in about 3 years every Niner fan is going to wish our head coach didn't give up on developing Trey Lance so quickly
Originally posted by Shemp:
At the end of the day I just don't think Trey is the type of QB Shanny wants/wanted. This pick never really made any sense to me for that very reason. Kyle wants a structured QB who's nimble enough to escape pressure but is also going to run the offense and plays he chooses. He doesn't want a mobile guy who might take a run instead of run his play.

I think Mac Jones, while not a perfect QB, would have been a perfect fit for Shanny's system. He's a younger Matt Ryan type. Somehow the talent observers on the team got enamored with an inexperienced project with no dominant traits or results on film and talked themselves into him being the next Josh Allen.

talk about a low-ceiling player
Originally posted by Sickaa:

f*ck them picks

trade 'em for multiple 5ths and now 7ths
Originally posted by Sickaa:

f*ck them picks

With this current regime i wouldn't be opposed
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shemp:

Yea major f**kup by front management. The entire fiasco was a knee jerk reaction to LA signing Matt Stafford. For some reason, these guys hit the panic button and decided to go all in for a guy that was unproven and didn't even fit the mold Kyle was looking for. It's going to go down in history as the 2nd biggest bust pick for us after Alex Smith. As long as Purdy continues to thrive, I have no ill will. Time to take out the garbage…first Jimmy now Trey. See ya !
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Igaines88:
Oh boy….

I hope I'm wrong, but…

I have a feeling Brock Purdy will show himself to just be an average QB this season.

and in about 3 years every Niner fan is going to wish our head coach didn't give up on developing Trey Lance so quickly

Lol. The ultimate wet dream for Trey's supporting cast. Pray that everyone else fails so that Trey looks good by default.

Oh boy….

I hope I'm wrong, but…

Nah

brock is legit
Oh boy….

I hope I'm wrong, but…

The amount of improvement needed from Lance is quite high, where and how will that happen? Being a good guy with the right attitude only goes so far
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Oh boy….

I hope I'm wrong, but…

Nah

brock is legit

Agreed 💯
The only acceptable trade I want to see is it coinciding with resigning bosa. Anything else is a mistake
Trey isn't getting shipped off for a 5th round pick.
He'll take whatever reps are there for him in practice, run the scout team, watch film and go to meetings.
Based on injury history to QBs, he probably knows his number will get called this year.

Maybe a team comes calling with a 3rd or better, and needs Trey as a legit backup. It sounds like they'll talk.

But with the 3rd QB rule in effect and his contract already factored in, he's staying this season.
Share 49ersWebzone