LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 287 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Getting a pass rushed that could help us this year would be great.

I hope we get a RT. We are already loaded with 3 great players on the DL and some good depth. JPP is still out there if we think Drake or Ferrell isn't a solid option

We're gonna trade lance and bosa for cousins
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We will see. His decision making has gotten worse since coming into the league. It was borderline unacceptable last season.

I'm not going to argue that he isn't at the top of the brain game. He did suffer an arm injury too though and dropped off a bit at that point.

They could really help him out by developing a competent running game and actually playing good defense in the big games. Their D is always ranked high and then s**ts the bed.

You know who we want. Hunter. That'd be an utter win. I don't know the cap ramifications though since he did sign an extension.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Then we go with our backup qb

Who sucks

are you saying as of right this second, Trey Lance doesn't suck as much as Darnold? for a win-now team I'd think we should have QBs who are a little further along as a backup
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by pd24:
BTW Darnold was like 4-9 in practice today.

Wow

OMG - end of days

somebody call the Popo
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
You know who we want. Cousins. That'd be an utter win. I don't know the cap ramifications though since he did sign an extension.

Fixed it for you
Originally posted by RonMexico:
are you saying as of right this second, Trey Lance doesn't suck as much as Darnold? for a win-now team I'd think we should have QBs who are a little further along as a backup

Ya makes no sense lol
BTW Darnold was like 4-9 in practice today.

what was the context of each throw? was he working tight windows? double teams?

Minnesota really does make the most sense. They're set to move off of Kirk and run a similar style of offense so it would be a good fit.

One thing I don't see many people mentioning, while this pick is a complete miss, it's unlike almost any other QB bust situation in history.

The 49ers falling into Purdy, an absolute phenom, and on a Mr. Irrelevant contract for the next 3 seasons, is 100% of the reason Trey did "bust".

Good chance Trey is starting today if Purdy flops in 2022.

The 49ers aren't just giving up on Trey because he came in and was Jamarcus Russel, they simply cannot afford to nurture and progress a QB when they already have a QB.

Sure, Trey disappointed and Sam outperformed him, but i`m fairly certain they`d still be trying to make this thing work with Lance if it wasn't for the ascendance of Brock.

So it's not just your usual bust out, but it's so much better to write about as this complete and utter failure of historical blah blah blah,

You know who we want. Hunter. That'd be an utter win. I don't know the cap ramifications though since he did sign an extension.

LOL I proposed the TL for Hunter trade months ago and most in this thread laughed, now you are all on board
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
You know who we want. Cousins. That'd be an utter win. I don't know the cap ramifications though since he did sign an extension.

Fixed it for you

Originally posted by NY49er5:
One thing I don't see many people mentioning, while this pick is a complete miss, it's unlike almost any other QB bust situation in history.

The 49ers falling into Purdy, an absolute phenom, and on a Mr. Irrelevant contract for the next 3 seasons, is 100% of the reason Trey did "bust".

Good chance Trey is starting today if Purdy flops in 2022.

The 49ers aren't just giving up on Trey because he came in and was Jamarcus Russel, they simply cannot afford to nurture and progress a QB when they already have a QB.

Sure, Trey disappointed and Sam outperformed him, but i`m fairly certain they`d still be trying to make this thing work with Lance if it wasn't for the ascendance of Brock.

So it's not just your usual bust out, but it's so much better to write about as this complete and utter failure of historical blah blah blah,

I dont even view trey as a bust, i just see purdy coming out of nowhere and taking the job
I wish him all the best in Seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone