LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 167 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Tom Pelissero: Trey Lance is 4th QB on 49ers depth chart behind Brandon Allen
Kyle chose Trey to start last year. That's right. Start. How do you go from that to 3rd qb behind Sam washed up? The only thing that changed was an injury. And Purdy. Trey should be 2 and we should develop him. He will be a better qb than anyone we have in 2-3 years if Brock stalls. It's too bad he won't do it here. If we don't win with this roster or make it to the sb it's on Kyle and the front office. Trey develops better and faster with a different coach. That will happen. Just not with us. He is far from done. This decision will come back to bite us. I hope I am wrong.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
If we had a trade ready to go or options we would have never named him QB3… that immediately hurts the trade and the team grabbing him.

After Shanahans interview I'm more convinced we are keeping him unless Trey wants to leave at which point we will trade him for 7th to a team that wants him and he wants… Otherwise he stays on the roster this year.

Screen shot this

I dont buy the naming him QB3 instead of 2 makes any actual difference. This situation isn't a secret around the league and team's aren't dumb. Trey's value is what it is. Basically nothing.
Originally posted by tankle104:
when I look at his contract, looks like he has a $21M cap hit this year. I thought they gave him an extension?

They didn't. His cap hit for SF if moved is $11.6M.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Kyle chose Trey to start last year. That's right. Start. How do you go from that to 3rd qb behind Sam washed up? The only thing that changed was an injury. And Purdy. Trey should be 2 and we should develop him. He will be a better qb than anyone we have in 2-3 years if Brock stalls. It's too bad he won't do it here. If we don't win with this roster or make it to the sb it's on Kyle and the front office. Trey develops better and faster with a different coach. That will happen. Just not with us. He is far from done. This decision will come back to bite us. I hope I am wrong.

You're wrong
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Thank you Coach.

nobody is laughing now in this thread about this or saw this coming.... again, not surprising I knew when Brandon Allen was signed it was to compete with TL for QB3 and he would most likely prevail

I was debating this one also this morning lol, how times change, in a single afternoon
I do think Allen gives a better chance to win a game now
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Getting a pass rushed that could help us this year would be great.

You know who we want. Hunter. That'd be an utter win. I don't know the cap ramifications though since he did sign an extension.

He'd cost $11.5M this season, and he's not signed beyond this season. I don't think it works barring some kind of extension with us.

when I look at his contract, looks like he has a $21M cap hit this year. I thought they gave him an extension?

That's for the Vikings. A trading team wouldn't pay full salary.

And looks like he was restructured with void years instead of extended?

Yeah, seems like it. Idk what exactly the niners would have to pick up but I'd take him in a heartbeat - even if its only for one year. him and Jackson opposite of Bosa... beautiful
Looks like Trey is playing in the final pre season game.

Surprisingly, Lance did not practice with the team today. Shanahan said that decision was based on the current circumstances and the spotlight being on Lance. The coach expects the quarterback to return tomorrow.

Lol why even play him at this point then? This entire thing stinks. That's no hate towards Shanny, but something here just doesn't sit right.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 23, 2023 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
If we had a trade ready to go or options we would have never named him QB3… that immediately hurts the trade and the team grabbing him.

After Shanahans interview I'm more convinced we are keeping him unless Trey wants to leave at which point we will trade him for 7th to a team that wants him and he wants… Otherwise he stays on the roster this year.

Screen shot this

I dont buy the naming him QB3 instead of 2 makes any actual difference. This situation isn't a secret around the league and team's aren't dumb. Trey's value is what it is. Basically nothing.

Don't name anything, just trade him. Why name him 3 and then trade him?

you don't have to believe it but it is what I believe.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
nobody is laughing now in this thread about this or saw this coming.... again, not surprising I knew when Brandon Allen was signed it was to compete with TL for QB3 and he would most likely prevail

Riverdamus!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
We aren't getting anything out of the trade imo other than a late round pick swap or so. Let's not compound this, by losing yet another one, just to trade him out. Goodness.

Why trade him for nothing? If there isn't a trade market then keep him.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:

Lol why even play him then? This entire thing stinks. That's no hate towards Shanny, but something here just doesn't sit right.

It's his play he ain't it. He has no game. He can't run, and he doesn't see the field or throw well.
Share 49ersWebzone