Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Getting a pass rushed that could help us this year would be great.

You know who we want. Hunter. That'd be an utter win. I don't know the cap ramifications though since he did sign an extension.

He'd cost $11.5M this season, and he's not signed beyond this season. I don't think it works barring some kind of extension with us.

when I look at his contract, looks like he has a $21M cap hit this year. I thought they gave him an extension?

That's for the Vikings. A trading team wouldn't pay full salary.

And looks like he was restructured with void years instead of extended?

Yeah, seems like it. Idk what exactly the niners would have to pick up but I'd take him in a heartbeat - even if its only for one year. him and Jackson opposite of Bosa... beautiful

I just read that Hunter is only making a base salary of $5.5M this year... DO IT
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Don't name anything, just trade him. Why name him 3 and then trade him?

you don't have to believe it but it is what I believe.

That's fine, no problem agreeing to disagree.

Just believe if he had any real value we would have already traded him. We were shopping him months ago.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
We aren't getting anything out of the trade imo other than a late round pick swap or so. Let's not compound this, by losing yet another one, just to trade him out. Goodness.

Why trade him for nothing? If there isn't a trade market then keep him.

this was answered a long time ago with a 7 point list of reasons, i've been laying it out for weeks
It's his play he ain't it. He has no game. He can't run, and he doesn't see the field or throw well.

And yet you thought he was gonna be MVP of the league this time last yr lol
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Tom Pelissero: Trey Lance is 4th QB on 49ers depth chart behind Brandon Allen

Lol why even play him then? This entire thing stinks. That's no hate towards Shanny, but something here just doesn't sit right.

It's his play he ain't it. He has no game. He can't run, and he doesn't see the field or throw well.

That doesn't answer my question though. We are not carrying 4 QBs. If Trey is 4th, he's gone. At this point the roster is set.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 23, 2023 at 5:54 PM ]
We aren't getting anything out of the trade imo other than a late round pick swap or so. Let's not compound this, by losing yet another one, just to trade him out. Goodness.

Why trade him for nothing? If there isn't a trade market then keep him.

I think we keep him unless he asks for a trade and then they'll try to move him probably for a late late round pick.

Darnold is the new Lance now. Him and Brock are twins.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Don't name anything, just trade him. Why name him 3 and then trade him?

you don't have to believe it but it is what I believe.

That's fine, no problem agreeing to disagree.

Just believe if he had any real value we would have already traded him. We were shopping him months ago.

I agree there too, that's why naming him 3rd in mind cements we don't have trade options for him.

I do think they'll trade him for nothing if he asks.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Aug 23, 2023 at 5:54 PM ]
this was answered a long time ago with a 7 point list of reasons, i've been laying it out for weeks

Again if there is no trade market then keep him. You're not cutting him purely based off the DM hit.

at that point there's no reason to move him. The cap is the cap and it was already planned out with Lance's money in it…it's the end of august, you're not signing some meaningful vet a couple weeks before the season starts.

we're "all in" apparently so get something that helps you this yr.

that ain't it chief
i actually had Hurts as MVP, you can check the bold predictions thread

I was debating this one also this morning lol, how times change, in a single afternoon
I do think Allen gives a better chance to win a game now

Are you high? Allen is better than Trey? Wtf is wrong with people in here. Allen? I don't accept that.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Darnold is the new Lance now. Him and Brock are twins.

Maybe he will give Sam more than 31 passing attempts before going from MVP to let's cut bait and get a late day 3 pick conditional pick lol.
I agree there too, that's why I naming him 3rd in mind cements we don't have trade options for him.

I do think they'll trade him for nothing if he asks.

I think there's a good chance we trade him for nothing but not because he asks. It would simply be money savings and the removal of a hot button media topic (distraction). I can't stress enough the idea that Trey has no leverage and likely knows the team's thoughts on him for months. They've probably already worked with his agent in finding a suitable trade partner. When it didn't work in March it became worthwhile to get a look at him through camp*

In terms of the point of naming him QB3 (or 4)… we're just at the point where the team can't pretend anymore. The season is about to start. Time to get the business of winning a SB.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Aug 23, 2023 at 5:58 PM ]
Maybe he will give Sam more than 31 passing attempts before going from MVP to let's cut bait and get a late day 3 pick conditional pick lol.

He'll excuse Sam running out the back of the endzone. I do know that
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

I was debating this one also this morning lol, how times change, in a single afternoon
I do think Allen gives a better chance to win a game now

Are you high? Allen is better than Trey? Wtf is wrong with people in here. Allen? I don't accept that.

They have been saying it on local radio for weeks. Usually with a 'I hate to say this TL fans, but' style disclaimer. Watch JTOs preseason play by play breakdowns. I think both games, JTO is saying this is stuff where you aren't in the league for long. Lance has put a lot of just bad tape out there. Non functional type QB play.
Share 49ersWebzone