LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 212 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
that ain't it chief
i actually had Hurts as MVP, you can check the bold predictions thread

Lol no you didn't. Not this time last yr. You said Lance was gonna have like 40TDs and 5000 total yards. No need to pretend it wasn't said. You're all in and then all out very quickly with players.

I literally said Lance could have hurts like season (before the season started) and people got all pissed off because that would be a failure.
I think I know how it went down...

The moment that Kyle told Trey that Sam got the backup role, before they could compete the final preseason game when both would get extensive work... that's when Trey's agent probably told him to not practice and not put himself out there exposed to injury...

I'm sure Trey thought the rotation that has been happening the past few weeks would have had him with the #1 offense for the first time this preseason.. with that starting offensive line. It was his turn in the rotation coming up against the Chargers.

But with Sam given the backup role before the last game.. that meant Kyle would break that rotation and have Sam with the starting offense again... with Trey late in the game with the 3rd string oline. Exposed once again.

It is what it is... Kyle could have waited to see how the last preseason game goes.. but Kyle has his ways...trusts QBs like Sam and Brian Hoyer, Matt Barkley, etc.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Maybe he will give Sam more than 31 passing attempts before going from MVP to let's cut bait and get a late day 3 pick conditional pick lol.

He'll excuse Sam running out the back of the endzone. I do know that

HA
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol no you didn't. Not this time last yr. You said Lance was gonna have like 40TDs and 5000 total yards. No need to pretend it wasn't said. You're all in and then all out very quickly with players.

I literally said Lance could have hurts like season (before the season started) and people got all pissed off because that would be a failure.

Well it's 2023 now. Shanny had his own major flip in a year, lol. Really more like 3-4 months.
Shanahan said he plans to play Trey vs the Charges and he was given the day off to grieve over not winning the two.

This just keeps getting weirder.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
I agree there too, that's why I naming him 3rd in mind cements we don't have trade options for him.

I do think they'll trade him for nothing if he asks.

I think there's a good chance we trade him for nothing but not because he asks. It would simply be money savings and the removal of a hot button media topic (distraction). I can't stress enough the idea that Trey has no leverage and likely knows the team's thoughts on him for months. They've probably already worked with his agent in finding a suitable trade partner.

In terms of the point of naming him QB3 (or 4)… we're just at the point where the team can't pretend anymore. The season is about to start. Time to get the business of winning a SB.

Yup I agree with all of that too. I'll just say that he has human leverage and as much as people want to say Kyle and John are cold I think they'd be ok doing what's right for Trey. You do that every chance you have for anyone that works for you.

all the players call the 9ers a first class organization and I believe that no matter what people on X say
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
They have been saying it on local radio for weeks. Usually with a 'I hate to say this TL fans, but' style disclaimer. Watch JTOs preseason play by play breakdowns. I think both games, JTO is saying this is stuff where you aren't in the league for long. Lance has put a lot of just bad tape out there. Non functional type QB play.

Lol one play he said that…and I've seen Jimmy make that same bad play all the same. I've seen JTO do the same play, someone posted it when he said that.

I've never seen someone's bad moments get displayed so hatful and blunt and completely disregard any of his good plays…which there was! I mean you should know this, chief…you went all in on Lance this time last yr. Unless you're telling me you didn't see all this horrible play??
Yup I agree with all of that too. I'll just say that he has human leverage and as much as people want to say Kyle and John are cold I think they'd be ok doing what's right for Trey. You do that every chance you have for anyone that works for you.

all the players call the 9ers a first class organization and I believe that no matter what people on X say

They will bend over backwards for players even to their own detriment.

I do think they'd do that, but mostly because it lines up with their own interest.

I want them to be cold and calculated when it comes to these kinds of decisions, personally. The players are tools to do a job, lol.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Shanahan said he plans to play Trey vs the Charges and he was given the day off to grieve over not winning the two.

Are you serious? This whole situation seems absolutely bizarre.

The same day they say Darnold is QB2, Kyle says he hopes they can keep Trey as QB3 and that they haven't given up on him.

He all but said Trey was devastated to hear the news.

WTF is going on here? Is that a desperate ploy to prevent the stock from falling more?

Just.. Yikes.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 23, 2023 at 6:05 PM ]

Ask yourself if that makes sense. Day off to grieve? On a position battle?

I don't see anything weird here, Sam is clearly playing better, he is QB2, and the team has a decision to make on TL. QB3s don't make bank in this league. So they will probably accept the first chance they get to move this contract. This will not be a haul for us. This is not a windfall. This is a hit the eject button and move on. Don't expect a ton of comp.
  • thl408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The same day they say Darnold is QB2, Kyle says he hopes they can keep Trey as QB3 and that they haven't given up on him.

WTF is going on here? Is that a desperate ploy to prevent the stock from falling more?

Just.. Yikes.

Yeah I think that's it. The flip side is saying Lance won't play another down for the 49ers and completely tanking what little trade value Lance has.
This is a really sad day. Lance seems like a great person. Safe to say we all had big dreams of Lance being the next Mahomes or what not but it is what it is.

The harsh realities of professional sports.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Well it's 2023 now. Shanny had his own major flip in a year, lol. Really more like 3-4 months.

Shanny wasn't calling Lance an MVP or saying he was gonna have 40 TDs and 5,000 yards before the season started.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Just.. Yikes.

Yeah I think that's it. The flip side is saying Lance won't play another down for the 49ers and completely tanking what little trade value Lance has.

The way he talked about Trey receiving the news, it was like it absolutely shattered Lance to hear it. What did Kyle say exactly? Sheesh.
Share 49ersWebzone