LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 199 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Shanahan said he plans to play Trey vs the Charges and he was given the day off to grieve over not winning the two.

This just keeps getting weirder.

Something smells…
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Shanny wasn't calling Lance an MVP or saying he was gonna have 40 TDs and 5,000 yards before the season started.

Lol, he was not. But he did treat him like an established QB1 right up until the end of TC, which was just as absurd from a practical standpoint.
I don't blame Trey for this situation and He's a good guy, I'm rooting for him.. but jeez what a debacle. this will go down in NFL infamy. I'm really not mad at the team for takinga chance, I respect it, I just cant figure out how they came to the conclusion this would work with a player this green and inexperienced. that is what gets me..
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Yup I agree with all of that too. I'll just say that he has human leverage and as much as people want to say Kyle and John are cold I think they'd be ok doing what's right for Trey. You do that every chance you have for anyone that works for you.

all the players call the 9ers a first class organization and I believe that no matter what people on X say

I do think they'd do that, but mostly because it lines up with their own interest.

I want them to be cold and calculated when it comes to these kinds of decisions, personally. The players are tools to do a job, lol.

I get that, I'll say there's diminishing returns when you are always cold and don't strike some balance especially with people who work with you. Short term gain always results in long term pain.

The good news, especially for all Trey fans saying he needs more reps is that if he stays with the team he's probably running the scout team and will get reps all season long to improve. As QB2 that's not happening.
Shanny wasn't calling Lance an MVP or saying he was gonna have 40 TDs and 5,000 yards before the season started.

Lol, he was not. But he did treat him like an established QB1 right up until the end of TC, which was just as absurd from a practical standpoint.

He treated him like most teams treat their highly drafted QB when they're giving them the reigns.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Same destination and much better contract

and to further this kind of thinking. switch Moody's draft position with Bell's and all is good in the hood.
Trey is in the right to demand a trade. He needs the reps. He worked his ass off. He's not getting it here. He deserves better. Won't root for him on another team though, sorry. And that goes for any ex niner. Including Jimmy.

He was trying to develop him like every damn team does with their highly invested young QB. By giving the reps and playing him. Not benching him for a full yr.

shocking a 20 yr old kid, with 300 career passing attempts (since 2019) wasn't lights out the first moment he got on the field. Kid needed to play and if they weren't gonna allow that to happen, then they f**ked up the pick. Plain and simple.
Well hope he gets playing time somewhere else.

I don't think it's that simple but yeah...kind of. There's no use crying about it. That's why Im.surprised he's playing Friday. This marriage is over...(I think)

Who the hell is Americanbiff? And why does his tweet matter? Dudes got 9 followers and his last retweet was something about Tucker Carlson/trump Shocking he thinks Lance needs to go

He was trying to develop him like every damn team does with their highly invested young QB. By giving the reps and playing him. Not benching him for a full yr.

shocking a 20 yr old kid, with 300 career passing attempts (since 2019) wasn't lights out the first moment he got on the field. Kid needed to play and if they weren't gonna allow that to happen, then they f**ked up the pick. Plain and simple.

Yeah, I've always been critical of the pick because of the development he needed. This isn't the team to do that on. especially someone as green as he is/was. arguably the greenest QB ever selected that high. so you have to assume it will take AT LEAST 2-3 years of playing to really get him going. with a championship roster? how do you plan on doing that? never made sense to me.
Share 49ersWebzone