LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 169 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Brock gives the team an additional year of (super) cheap QBing since his rookie deal ends after 2025.

Even more absurd to land on a project with that reasoning. They've had to spend extra money every year insuring against the pick, lol.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Shanny wasn't calling Lance an MVP or saying he was gonna have 40 TDs and 5,000 yards before the season started.

Lol, he was not. But he did treat him like an established QB1 right up until the end of TC, which was just as absurd from a practical standpoint.

He was trying to develop him like every damn team does with their highly invested young QB. By giving the reps and playing him. Not benching him for a full yr.

shocking a 20 yr old kid, with 300 career passing attempts (since 2019) wasn't lights out the first moment he got on the field. Kid needed to play and if they weren't gonna allow that to happen, then they f**ked up the pick. Plain and simple.

He was slated to play year 1 and start year 2….he got hurt both times and that's the bottom line

Fair but running your franchise QB like a RB was stupid. I argued about this even before his injury with some here about using him in the run game and how risky it was.
Originally posted by tankle104:
because it's the right perspective. the teams accomplished what it set out to do when it drafted Trey, its just not Trey that helped them accomplish it. I'm not knocking trey, it's the point behind it.

we can't look at the situation as "what's best for Trey Lance?". You have to view it through the lense of "What is best for the 49ers? and which QB can help the 49ers achieve their goal of competing for a championship now and in the future?" Brocks the only one that we've seen that caliber out of. He's the only one that we know can actually do it, we just need to see if he can sustain it - which it looks like he has had a great camp and rolling. Perfect today.

It's a random comment from someone no one cares about….keep tweets from nobodies out of here. I've gotten scolded for that in the past.

no one cares what trumper American biff's POV is, if we did we'd be one of his 9 followers
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Was hoping a trade was basically 90% wrapped up when the initial news dropped but now after a few hours and the Shanahan interviews, I guess not

Pretty awful for this news to come out now…

How about right before the Pitt game?

two weeks to let some other storyline take over.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Fair but running your franchise QB like a RB was stupid. I argued about this even before his injury with some here about using him in the run game and how risky it was.

If you let him throw it around, he's a turnover machine .

They shouldn't have been playing him. He wasn't ready.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Shanny wasn't calling Lance an MVP or saying he was gonna have 40 TDs and 5,000 yards before the season started.

Lol, he was not. But he did treat him like an established QB1 right up until the end of TC, which was just as absurd from a practical standpoint.

He was trying to develop him like every damn team does with their highly invested young QB. By giving the reps and playing him. Not benching him for a full yr.

shocking a 20 yr old kid, with 300 career passing attempts (since 2019) wasn't lights out the first moment he got on the field. Kid needed to play and if they weren't gonna allow that to happen, then they f**ked up the pick. Plain and simple.

He was slated to play year 1 and start year 2….he got hurt both times and that's the bottom line

I don't think anyone liked it but the fact kyle kept doing it must mean that lances passing ability was unreliable and volatile, IMO. there has to be a reason he did that. There is no way he was enjoying doing that.

To be fair, they planned to give him the whole 2022 season but he got hurt.
because it's the right perspective. the teams accomplished what it set out to do when it drafted Trey, its just not Trey that helped them accomplish it. I'm not knocking trey, it's the point behind it.

we can't look at the situation as "what's best for Trey Lance?". You have to view it through the lense of "What is best for the 49ers? and which QB can help the 49ers achieve their goal of competing for a championship now and in the future?" Brocks the only one that we've seen that caliber out of. He's the only one that we know can actually do it, we just need to see if he can sustain it - which it looks like he has had a great camp and rolling. Perfect today.

It's a random comment from someone no one cares about….keep tweets from nobodies out of here. I've gotten scolded for that in the past.

no one cares what trumper American biff's POV is, if we did we'd be one of his 9 followers

I can support keeping that Biff out if we do the same for Rich Madrid, deal?
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
TreyWay.

weird, a few people replied to it and understood it. You're the only one with a problem - idc who it is, its the point of what he was saying. Idk who he is and couldn't care less.

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
This is a really sad day. Lance seems like a great person. Safe to say we all had big dreams of Lance being the next Mahomes or what not but it is what it is.

The harsh realities of professional sports.

It just sucks not knowing if Lance sucks tho. I guess he does if they don't even want to entertain it anymore. He's shown flashes, ya know? But he's been put in more terrible positions than good ones. The only decent position was that Houston game and he ended up pretty good that day.

I get not putting him in front of Purdy, but also behind Sam? Baffling
[ Edited by Silky on Aug 23, 2023 at 6:23 PM ]

Draft a running QB but don't run him?
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
To be fair, they planned to give him the whole 2022 season but he got hurt.

Thats what they said in hindsight. The reality is they may have had a mutiny on their hands by week 5.

I strongly recommend putting less weight in these kinds of statements!
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
This is a really sad day. Lance seems like a great person. Safe to say we all had big dreams of Lance being the next Mahomes or what not but it is what it is.

The harsh realities of professional sports.

It just sucks not knowing if Lance sucks tho. I guess he does if they don't even want to entertain it anymore. He's shown flashes, ya know? But he's been put in more terrible positions than good ones. The only decent position was that Houston game and he ended up pretty good that day.

I gey not putting him in front of Purdy, but also behind Sam? Baffling

He ain't it. I mean I don't get the handwringing over 'well maybe he's a superstar'. He isn't. If he was, why would we be trying to trade out, and putting him as QB3? KS has him in the bldg for 3 years and is okay with moving him out, that tells me all I need to know.
I don't think Trey has ever lacked motivation, but.. if Trey has as much potential as many think is locked inside of him, it sure sounds like situation would be the type to unleash a fury within him. I could definitely see that coming out elsewhere.

I think if he's not traded before cut-downs, he probably will be before the deadline if everyone here is still healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone