There are 173 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Shanny wasn't calling Lance an MVP or saying he was gonna have 40 TDs and 5,000 yards before the season started.

Lol, he was not. But he did treat him like an established QB1 right up until the end of TC, which was just as absurd from a practical standpoint.

He was trying to develop him like every damn team does with their highly invested young QB. By giving the reps and playing him. Not benching him for a full yr.

shocking a 20 yr old kid, with 300 career passing attempts (since 2019) wasn't lights out the first moment he got on the field. Kid needed to play and if they weren't gonna allow that to happen, then they f**ked up the pick. Plain and simple.

He was slated to play year 1 and start year 2….he got hurt both times and that's the bottom line

That said and injuries aside, he never grasped the offense the way Purdy did from the get go even with an additional year to do so. I do feel bad for him, seems like a solid kid. Who knows what the right situation is at this point, somewhere behind a vet I would guess.

Understanding the offense was not Trey's problem. As has been pointed out a bazillion times here, he knew the offense his rookie camp per Shanahan. The problems began with his horrid accuracy and his inexperience playing against elite talent and speed.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Fair but running your franchise QB like a RB was stupid. I argued about this even before his injury with some here about using him in the run game and how risky it was.

Draft a running QB but don't run him?

He ain't a running QB folks, no runner here. I could see that his first game. Getting beaten to the spot over and over. Knocked around. Running isn't a skill you develop. He can't run imo.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
This is a really sad day. Lance seems like a great person. Safe to say we all had big dreams of Lance being the next Mahomes or what not but it is what it is.

The harsh realities of professional sports.

It just sucks not knowing if Lance sucks tho. I guess he does if they don't even want to entertain it anymore. He's shown flashes, ya know? But he's been put in more terrible positions than good ones. The only decent position was that Houston game and he ended up pretty good that day.

I get not putting him in front of Purdy, but also behind Sam? Baffling

same.

this is true
He was slated to play year 1 and start year 2….he got hurt both times and that's the bottom line

They said there was no competition yr1. Jimmy was the highest paid player in the league that yr (in actual cash) he had no GTD cash and they could have cut bait. They didn't and Lance didn't get any 1st string passing attempts in TC. So no he wasn't slated to play yr 1 unless you call a couple QB power runs as meaningful QB snaps

he got hurt after 31 passing attempts as the starter and here we are. Not sure why we have to defend everything this organization does. They f**ked up the biggest trade in franchise history.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't think Trey has ever lacked motivation, but.. if Trey has as much potential as many think is locked inside of him, it sure sounds like situation would be the type to unleash a fury within him. I could definitely see that coming out elsewhere.

I think if he's not traded before cut-downs, he probably will be before the deadline if everyone here is still healthy.

What evidence do they have of this potential? Serious question.
Originally posted by tankle104:

this is true

Lol I've thought that about a few folks in here

They said there was no competition yr1. Jimmy was the highest paid player in the league that yr (in actual cash) he had no GTD cash and they could have cut bait. They didn't and Lance didn't get any 1st string passing attempts in TC. So no he wasn't slated to play yr 1 unless you call a couple QB power runs as meaningful QB snaps

he got hurt after 31 passing attempts as the starter and here we are. Not sure why we have to defend everything this organization does. They f**ked up the biggest trade in franchise history.

100%. Kyle is all in on Brock.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
To be fair, they planned to give him the whole 2022 season but he got hurt.

how's that "fair" ? He got 31 passing attempts then made him split reps with Sam Darnold all camp.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Shanny wasn't calling Lance an MVP or saying he was gonna have 40 TDs and 5,000 yards before the season started.

Lol, he was not. But he did treat him like an established QB1 right up until the end of TC, which was just as absurd from a practical standpoint.

He was trying to develop him like every damn team does with their highly invested young QB. By giving the reps and playing him. Not benching him for a full yr.

shocking a 20 yr old kid, with 300 career passing attempts (since 2019) wasn't lights out the first moment he got on the field. Kid needed to play and if they weren't gonna allow that to happen, then they f**ked up the pick. Plain and simple.

That said and injuries aside, he never grasped the offense the way Purdy did from the get go even with an additional year to do so. I do feel bad for him, seems like a solid kid. Who knows what the right situation is at this point, somewhere behind a vet I would guess.

Understanding the offense was not Trey's problem. As has been pointed out a bazillion times here, he knew the offense his rookie camp per Shanahan. The problems began with his horrid accuracy and his inexperience playing against elite talent and speed.

Probably should have used "execute" and not "grasp". Poor word choice.

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Fair but running your franchise QB like a RB was stupid. I argued about this even before his injury with some here about using him in the run game and how risky it was.

Draft a running QB but don't run him?

And look where that got us.

this is true

We should expect Purdy to get hurt as the team has played 3 or more QBs in 4/6 seasons so far and 2 QBs in 5/6. It'd be crazy to not plan around Purdy getting hurt.

this is true

I don't agree with that post at all. I just feel if purdy was to get hurt, I'd have no faith in Darnold..... with Lance atleast I have hope lol...

this is true

Yes that has alot to do with it. I'd rather see volatile Trey than turnover non clutch ghost hunter Sam
[ Edited by Silky on Aug 23, 2023 at 6:31 PM ]

this is true

Lol I've thought that about a few folks in here

I'm waiting for NY to yell at me since this is a rando. although all of us are randos posting random opinions on here. lmaoo makes no sense.
Share 49ersWebzone