Originally posted by tankle104:

this is true

Lol I've thought that about a few folks in here

If you are a 49er fan you expect QB1 and QB2 to get hurt

That is literally how the last 3 years have gone
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Fair but running your franchise QB like a RB was stupid. I argued about this even before his injury with some here about using him in the run game and how risky it was.

Draft a running QB but don't run him?

He ain't a running QB folks, no runner here. I could see that his first game. Getting beaten to the spot over and over. Knocked around. Running isn't a skill you develop. He can't run imo.

Agree. Fields could run from snap number 1, effortless.
Originally posted by Silky:

this is true

Yes that has alot to do with it. I'd rather see volatile Trey than turnover clutch ghost hunter Sam

well based on the last 6 years, we will eventually see Allen too. they all get a chance and they all get an injury.
I'm waiting for NY to yell at me since this is a rando. although all of us are randos posting random opinions on here. lmaoo makes no sense.

s**t, I'd rather see the random comments than the business as usual types from people around the team. At least theres the potential for some good comedy.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
100%. Kyle is all in on Brock.

I mean he has to be…if he doesn't turn into something legit, then what? They've been f**king around at QB since 2017. I don't want Kyle gone, but a ton of HCs have been fired for less than making the worst trade in franchise history…or not even letting it develop properly. s**ts wild. I hope Brock becomes great. He has too.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Shanny wasn't calling Lance an MVP or saying he was gonna have 40 TDs and 5,000 yards before the season started.

Lol, he was not. But he did treat him like an established QB1 right up until the end of TC, which was just as absurd from a practical standpoint.

He was trying to develop him like every damn team does with their highly invested young QB. By giving the reps and playing him. Not benching him for a full yr.

shocking a 20 yr old kid, with 300 career passing attempts (since 2019) wasn't lights out the first moment he got on the field. Kid needed to play and if they weren't gonna allow that to happen, then they f**ked up the pick. Plain and simple.

To be fair, they planned to give him the whole 2022 season but he got hurt.

No. They planned to start him to see how he would go. But once it became clear he was not winning games he was going to be benched and Jimmy was to take over. Trey was never up to NFL standard and I am surprised you could not see this. It is a shame really but when you are called onto the field you had better be ready to play at a top level. Trey could never do this. Brock did from his first game. Brock played like the No3 pick and Trey played like he was Mr Irrelevant. Opportunity does not knock twice.
[ Edited by Goatie on Aug 23, 2023 at 6:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
He was slated to play year 1 and start year 2….he got hurt both times and that's the bottom line

They said there was no competition yr1. Jimmy was the highest paid player in the league that yr (in actual cash) he had no GTD cash and they could have cut bait. They didn't and Lance didn't get any 1st string passing attempts in TC. So no he wasn't slated to play yr 1 unless you call a couple QB power runs as meaningful QB snaps

he got hurt after 31 passing attempts as the starter and here we are. Not sure why we have to defend everything this organization does. They f**ked up the biggest trade in franchise history.

Uh yeah he was slated to, and DID, play year one and he sprained his knee when he got the start and then broke his finger. I get you are frustrated, but sitting here acting like he got railroaded here and was not given opportunities is disingenuous at best

I wish I'd of seen this earlier when someone was talking about Rodgers - he was behind a 3x MVP and Super Bowl champ.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Fair but running your franchise QB like a RB was stupid. I argued about this even before his injury with some here about using him in the run game and how risky it was.

He ain't a running QB folks, no runner here. I could see that his first game. Getting beaten to the spot over and over. Knocked around. Running isn't a skill you develop. He can't run imo.

I wanted fields, but once I heard about his medical flag and their at the time, recent comment of removing those players from their boards I kinda knew it wasn't him.

And he is looking like the next best qb after Lawrence. I thought Kyle could go off with his abilities.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
To be fair, they planned to give him the whole 2022 season but he got hurt.

how's that "fair" ? He got 31 passing attempts then made him split reps with Sam Darnold all camp.

NFL ain't fair. It just isn't. I mean we are about to cut like 3 dozen guys who don't get a single game. I am sure there are a ton of guys who maybe could really play, but never had the Bledsoe leaving the game moment. Or like BP with 2 guys going down so he can do his thing. Look at a Kurt Warner, who was cut over and over and finally got that chance. Some guys never get it. TL had 3 years to work to see if he can beat out Sam Darnold. He didn't do it. He got way more than a lot of guys do, cuz of the draft investment. If TL showed like he is as a round 7, does he even make roster?

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

this is true

Lol I've thought that about a few folks in here

If you are a 49er fan you expect QB1 and QB2 to get hurt

That is literally how the last 3 years have gone

Get hurt, regress, hey benched etc etc…all the same expectations
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Rathof44:

I wanted fields, but once I heard about his medical flag and their at the time, recent comment of removing those players from their boards I kinda knew it wasn't him.

And he is looking like the next best qb after Lawrence. I thought Kyle could go off with his abilities.

Be interesting to see since they add DJ Moore. See if he's this year's Hurts.

this is true

We've only had 1 season where our qb didn't get hurt in the last 5 years and we almost won the superbowl. Then you have last year where we didn't even have a quarterback for the nfc championship game thats probably why people "give a f**k"

Agree with this, The fact that they butchered the Lance pick and are still a top 5 NFL team is a credit to the FO. like it or not.
Share 49ersWebzone