There are 180 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Shemp:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
At the end of the day I just don't think Trey is the type of QB Shanny wants/wanted. This pick never really made any sense to me for that very reason. Kyle wants a structured QB who's nimble enough to escape pressure but is also going to run the offense and plays he chooses. He doesn't want a mobile guy who might take a run instead of run his play.

Now I think Trey will become a legit pocket guy but I couldn't tell you when.

I think Mac Jones, while not a perfect QB, would have been a perfect fit for Shanny's system. He's a younger Matt Ryan type. Somehow the talent observers on the team got enamored with an inexperienced project with no dominant traits or results on film and talked themselves into him being the next Josh Allen.

talk about a low-ceiling player

Not in Shanahan's system. Look at his first year, he was an extremely fast processor. He was teaching Cam Newton the plays. Extremely quick decision making and release. 2nd year he had a defensive coach as I recall. Results are as expected.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I really don't understand what they're doing at this point.

Just my guess, Trey felt he should have won the #2 job.. sees the writing on the wall and just wants to get on with his career (trade or release), instead of some 3rd emergency QB.

Front Office didn't expect that kind of reaction from Trey, thought he'd be a good trooper for another season. And they were just trying to get ahead of the story with their own leaks.

That actually makes more sense to me. I could see Trey being frustrated, I really don't blame him.

The share of the preseason reps was not equal in terms of snaps and unit sharing, even if the evaluation of the QB competition was....

Let's see if Lynch treats Lance the same way he did Bowman when he wasn't happy.

Lance is Lynch's guy, not Kyle. Kyle wanted Mac Jones but was over ruled. I really hope Lynch just stops drafting and sticks to public relations and interviews.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:

say it louder for the low resolution crowd.
So Kyle sent Trey home after he got upset upon being told the news. Sounds like he didn't take it well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
That was in regards to Twitter randos posting rumors and "news". Either way who cares what some rando says. Posting a tweet from them here doesn't allow them to respond to any response that's made to their tweet.

It wasn't just news/rumors related either, but yes it's pointless to post stuff like that….do we still call them tweets or something else since it's not Twitter anymore 🧐

Idk. Lol I've been wondering the same thing. Doesn't the X stand for "everything"? So maybe they're called "Things" now instead of "Tweets". Lol

Elon is moron for trying to change something that's firmly embedded in the 21st century global lexicon.

you google.
you tweet.
  • thl408
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
At the end of the day I just don't think Trey is the type of QB Shanny wants/wanted. This pick never really made any sense to me for that very reason. Kyle wants a structured QB who's nimble enough to escape pressure but is also going to run the offense and plays he chooses. He doesn't want a mobile guy who might take a run instead of run his play.

Now I think Trey will become a legit pocket guy but I couldn't tell you when.

I think Mac Jones, while not a perfect QB, would have been a perfect fit for Shanny's system. He's a younger Matt Ryan type. Somehow the talent observers on the team got enamored with an inexperienced project with no dominant traits or results on film and talked themselves into him being the next Josh Allen.

talk about a low-ceiling player

Not in Shanahan's system. Look at his first year, he was an extremely fast processor. He was teaching Cam Newton the plays. Extremely quick decision making and release. 2nd year he had a defensive coach as I recall. Results are as expected.

He's a scumbag. Play hard, not dirty.

Besides his ceiling is great pocket QB and he's way closer to actually being that than Trey is to being unicorn dual threat QB.

This ceiling philosophy is so wrong, and if a person can't use this experience to learn this they never will. There's more than one way to be a great QB and you don't need plus physical skills to get there.
Originally posted by Crown:

say it louder for the low resolution crowd.

I got yelled at by NY, no more Biff. Lmao who ever the eff he is. He's now NY's arch nemesis hahaha
I would understand posting rumors from unverified people. That's why earlier I asked if that was the real rap sheet. Idk why there would be an issue with posting a perspective someone spit out. As long as it isn't controversial or disrespectful

It wasn't just rumor based it was some low level 49er content creator with like 50 followers or something. It was his POV on something, I can't even remember the subject. Either way I got told you can't do that or whatever.

I mean it makes sense at some point you need to draw the line on posting tweets (or whatever they're called now)…if not you end up with threads full of other people's opinions and they can't even discuss it. Might as well go go Twitter (or X) if you're gonna do that.

this is a forum for people with accounts to talk.

So does that mean he plans on moving off Brock in 3 years?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
That was in regards to Twitter randos posting rumors and "news". Either way who cares what some rando says. Posting a tweet from them here doesn't allow them to respond to any response that's made to their tweet.

It wasn't just news/rumors related either, but yes it's pointless to post stuff like that….do we still call them tweets or something else since it's not Twitter anymore 🧐

Idk. Lol I've been wondering the same thing. Doesn't the X stand for "everything"? So maybe they're called "Things" now instead of "Tweets". Lol

Elon is moron for trying to change something that's firmly embedded in the 21st century global lexicon.

you google.
you tweet.

people are extremely resistant to change will fight it all costs
Originally posted by 1251alex:
So Kyle sent Trey home after he got upset upon being told the news. Sounds like he didn't take it well.

Hopefully his trade or release is done before final cutdown. Both sides need to move on at this point.
[ Edited by SFrush on Aug 23, 2023 at 7:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Trey is in the right to demand a trade. He needs the reps. He worked his ass off. He's not getting it here. He deserves better. Won't root for him on another team though, sorry. And that goes for any ex niner. Including Jimmy.

I agreed with you until you brought HIM into it. Trey will do well. It's our loss. All the haters in here will eat their words. He was never given a fair shot. Btw. His injury was a result of piss poor play calling. Again not given a fair chance.

I don't know why you and others insist there are all these Trey haters. What there is are posters who have seen right through all the hype on Trey and never accepted that he was the best QB in the 49ers since they invented TV.

I think Trey is a nice kid. He has some potential but that potential was never realized while he was here. When you get your chance to go on the field you had better be ready to play at the top level. Trey always looked green and out of his depth aside from the occasional good throw. Just because we see that does not mean we hate him. I was hoping and I posted so, that he have a huge game after his Raiders debacle. He did improve significantly but obviously not enough to get the second QB spot. I would have thought Kyle would have waited until after Friday to make up his mind but obviously he has seen enough. The thing is my view on him as an NFL ready QB is based on what I see and assess. I have been willing to change my view of him being up to standard based on what he does. That is not hate. It is being objective.

NFL is ruthless. A player gets few opportunities to prove themselves and if you do not prove yourself in one of those few opportunities you lose your spot. The 49ers have a Super Bowl ready team and they can't afford to carry people in case they develop into a Joe Cool or Steve Young. It does not work that way.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kyle's interview sounding way different than what reports were implying.

Reports implying we were 100% with Trey and ready to ship him out ASAP.

Kyle claims he wants him here as #3 as long as Trey wants that too, and they like Trey and will do whatever is best for both parties.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to blindly trust Kyle like I used to. Despite every other report and speculation on who he wanted, I always believed him. Getting shaky on that now.

It's more likely that he liked him too much off the field and once Trey got here, he realized that he wasn't nearly as pro ready as he hoped he would be.

This is Kyle's first head coaching job, he's undeniably one of the best offensive minds in football, but he's still learning as a head coach. On that note, John Lynch is also on his first stint as a GM, and I'm sure that he's still learning as well. All things considered,l, I think that they're both doing pretty f**king good. I mean I don't remember a time since the Walsh-Montana days that we went deep into the playoffs with regularity. We have a stacked roster, and a team that seems to have good chemistry. The front office, coaches, and owner all seem to be on the same page. We are better off than most other teams, even after having misjudged on a high draft pick that would have destroyed lesser teams.

It's never smart to trust anyone who doesn't even know you exist blindly.
Share 49ersWebzone