LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 189 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Shemp:
Not in Shanahan's system. Look at his first year, he was an extremely fast processor. He was teaching Cam Newton the plays. Extremely quick decision making and release. 2nd year he had a defensive coach as I recall. Results are as expected.

Besides his ceiling is great pocket QB and he's way closer to actually being that than Trey is to being unicorn dual threat QB.

This ceiling philosophy is so wrong, and if a person can't use this experience to learn this they never will. There's more than one way to be a great QB and you don't need plus physical skills to get there.

I disagree. The problem is you don't draft a guy with a high ceiling who has crippling defects related to basic QB play. If the high ceiling guy is struggling because he's inaccurate a
or a beat slow to react, you pass. If instead it's a guy who just makes dumb, greedy decisions, that can often be coached out.

Examples:
Favre
Mahomes
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
That was in regards to Twitter randos posting rumors and "news". Either way who cares what some rando says. Posting a tweet from them here doesn't allow them to respond to any response that's made to their tweet.

It wasn't just news/rumors related either, but yes it's pointless to post stuff like that….do we still call them tweets or something else since it's not Twitter anymore 🧐

Idk. Lol I've been wondering the same thing. Doesn't the X stand for "everything"? So maybe they're called "Things" now instead of "Tweets". Lol

Elon is moron for trying to change something that's firmly embedded in the 21st century global lexicon.

you google.
you tweet.

It would be like Uber changing it's name. "Just Uber here". Lol "take an Uber". Uber is essentially "Taxi" now.
Originally posted by Goatie:
I don't know why you and others insist there are all these Trey haters. What there is are posters who have seen right through all the hype on Trey and never accepted that he was the best QB in the 49ers since they invented TV.

I think Trey is a nice kid. He has some potential but that potential was never realized while he was here. When you get your chance to go on the field you had better be ready to play at the top level. Trey always looked green and out of his depth aside from the occasional good throw. Just because we see that does not mean we hate him. I was hoping and I posted so, that he have a huge game after his Raiders debacle. He did improve significantly but obviously not enough to get the second QB spot. I would have thought Kyle would have waited until after Friday to make up his mind but obviously he has seen enough. The thing is my view on him as an NFL ready QB is based on what I see and assess. I have been willing to change my view of him being up to standard based on what he does. That is not hate. It is being objective.

NFL is ruthless. A player gets few opportunities to prove themselves and if you do not prove yourself in one of those few opportunities you lose your spot. The 49ers have a Super Bowl ready team and they can't afford to carry people in case they develop into a Joe Cool or Steve Young. It does not work that way.

Good post.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

So does that mean he plans on moving off Brock in 3 years?

I think that's up to Brock
Originally posted by Crown:

say it louder for the low resolution crowd.

I got yelled at by NY, no more Biff. Lmao who ever the eff he is. He's now NY's arch nemesis hahaha

If ya'll want to talk to Biff you have his account. Go to Twitter. I don't care what his trump loving ass has to say. Like I said I'll go find a 100 different Tweets with a much different POV if you want to discuss all their opinions too?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
To be fair, they planned to give him the whole 2022 season but he got hurt.

how's that "fair" ? He got 31 passing attempts then made him split reps with Sam Darnold all camp.

Because Brock took his job. Pretty simple. The NFL isn't fair, sports isn't fair. This is seniority at Campbell's Soup. Lol
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by thl408:
That was in regards to Twitter randos posting rumors and "news". Either way who cares what some rando says. Posting a tweet from them here doesn't allow them to respond to any response that's made to their tweet.

It wasn't just news/rumors related either, but yes it's pointless to post stuff like that….do we still call them tweets or something else since it's not Twitter anymore 🧐

Idk. Lol I've been wondering the same thing. Doesn't the X stand for "everything"? So maybe they're called "Things" now instead of "Tweets". Lol

Elon is moron for trying to change something that's firmly embedded in the 21st century global lexicon.

you google.
you tweet.

It would be like Uber changing it's name. "Just Uber here". Lol "take an Uber". Uber is essentially "Taxi" now.

Pretty much.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
100%. Kyle is all in on Brock.

I mean he has to be…if he doesn't turn into something legit, then what? They've been f**king around at QB since 2017. I don't want Kyle gone, but a ton of HCs have been fired for less than making the worst trade in franchise history…or not even letting it develop properly. s**ts wild. I hope Brock becomes great. He has too.

Turn into?

He is legit. Did you watch the games last year?

You can hope for whatever but Brock is already great.

Calling Brock illegitimate and not great is pretty weak.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Aug 23, 2023 at 6:56 PM ]
Originally posted by 1251alex:
So Kyle sent Trey home after he got upset upon being told the news. Sounds like he didn't take it well.

He probally felt he was better than Darnold and was shocked at the news. And also might think something else is going on here.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

I mean he has to be…if he doesn't turn into something legit, then what? They've been f**king around at QB since 2017. I don't want Kyle gone, but a ton of HCs have been fired for less than making the worst trade in franchise history…or not even letting it develop properly. s**ts wild. I hope Brock becomes great. He has too.

Turn into?

You are throwing a fit over your favorite QB, calling Brock illegitimate and not great is pretty weak.

Lance sucked when he started

Originally posted by pd24:

how's that "fair" ? He got 31 passing attempts then made him split reps with Sam Darnold all camp.

Because Brock took his job. Pretty simple. The NFL isn't fair, sports isn't fair. This is seniority at Campbell's Soup. Lol

I think there is confusion about this. I don't think anyone expected Lance to start over Brock. But to not be the backup is surprising to me and obviously many fans feel the same.
Originally posted by pd24:

Exactly. We don't owe Trey anything. Brock clearly is better than Trey by a mile. Trey also couldn't beat Sam.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Turn into?

You are throwing a fit over your favorite QB, calling Brock illegitimate and not great is pretty weak.
We'll definitely see.
I disagree. The problem is you don't draft a guy with a high ceiling who has crippling defects related to basic QB play. If the high ceiling guy is struggling because he's inaccurate a
or a beat slow to react, you pass. If instead it's a guy who just makes dumb, greedy decisions, that can often be coached out.

Examples:
Favre
Mahomes

I think we functionally agree here, lol. The fact that the prospect has crippling defects actually limits his ceiling.

In a vacuum you obviously take the guy with elite traits when they show you they have the basics down. The point is the basics matter first, and a player can be great without the traits.
Originally posted by Crown:

say it louder for the low resolution crowd.

This 100%
Share 49ersWebzone