There are 229 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by prospector49:
Originally posted by tankle104:

say it louder for the low resolution crowd.

This 100%

Not a great take, at all. Could have taken Penei Sewell at 3 and had a stud RT to bookend with Trent. Coulda not traded out and had Micah Parsons at 12 and we'd have 3 of the top 10-15 defenders in the league on one team. Still woulda been able to get Brock in the next draft.

oh we are doing could have would have should have now?

too easy in hindsight.

we look forward to your successful run as an NFL GM.

There is no chance we would have drafted Micah Parsons. It's laughable his name keeps being brought up.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

It was his own fault. He sucked coming out. He could have stayed, he wanted the pay day
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
The pick was the problem. They compounded it by handing him the job with no competition.

Since that point it's been all mitigation. And we'll be better for it as a team. I'm thankful they adjusted fast because now's not the time for [unconditional] patience. I feel very badly for Trey as an individual, but this is pro sports.

Dude highly invested QBs don't have legit competitions. They get drafted and they play football.

yeah having Lance on this team as a backup QB is just terrible for this team overall. Wow we're so lucky to be getting rid of that cancer of a player. He for sure is hurting this team being here Lol yup you sure some like the voice of reason lol.

Why in the world is Kinlaw still on the team?
  • pd24
  • Veteran

This 100%

Not a great take, at all. Could have taken Penei Sewell at 3 and had a stud RT to bookend with Trent. Coulda not traded out and had Micah Parsons at 12 and we'd have 3 of the top 10-15 defenders in the league on one team. Still woulda been able to get Brock in the next draft.

oh we are doing could have would have should have now?

too easy in hindsight.

we look forward to your successful run as an NFL GM.

There is no chance we would have drafted Micah Parsons. It's laughable his name keeps being brought up.

You don't know that. Lol. It is laughable that you think you know what they would do
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by boast:
in a salary capped league, every million matters. not necessarily to Bosa's contract but for the ability for teams to sign players mid season because of injury. this money if not used also gets carried over to next season. the Niners are going to be up against the cap in 2024. every million saved from now on will only help re-signing guys like Aiyuk.

I know how it works. Acting like the bases of all this is because of money is silly imo.

There's always money to be moved around. Extension to help free up cap space sooner. Back loading deals etc. good look a Hurts contract

money isnt the basis for all this Trey news today. i never said it was. but it's a consideration in the decisions made.

lol at your last sentence. that's pure ignorance.

Probably not. Who knows what we would have done.

Would have been hard to get less impact than we actually got though.
Originally posted by pd24:
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

It was his own fault. He sucked coming out. He could have stayed, he wanted the pay day

Lol wtf is this?
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
At the end of the day, it's a results business. Fact is trey hasnt been that good. He has shown small flashes but that's it. The nfl doesnt wait for dudes. If you need to develop it better be quick. Trey simply taking too long to cook in the oven and brock is simply better. Nothing personal, it's just business. He can still be good in the future but this team cannot wait for the qb. Gotta go right now. Window is right now.
[ Edited by q0c0p on Aug 23, 2023 at 7:18 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
The pick was the problem. They compounded it by handing him the job with no competition.

Since that point it's been all mitigation. And we'll be better for it as a team. I'm thankful they adjusted fast because now's not the time for [unconditional] patience. I feel very badly for Trey as an individual, but this is pro sports.

Dude highly invested QBs don't have legit competitions. They get drafted and they play football.

yeah having Lance on this team as a backup QB is just terrible for this team overall. Wow we're so lucky to be getting rid of that cancer of a player. He for sure is hurting this team being here Lol yup you sure some like the voice of reason lol.

Because Kinlaw plays a position where they keep lile 10 guys? Next

This 100%

You are right, they could have, but had they done that, would they have still drafted Brock in the 7th round of the next years draft?

They likely would not have because their needs and other teams needs would have been different. That's what this guy's post is getting at, there is no point in looking back and saying we could have had this, we could have had that. Yes, spend 3 number one picks on Lance was a huge fail, and I never would have done it on that unknown a talent. But the 49ers got extremely luck in getting Purdy, and they are still in peak competition for the Super Bowl with a very cheap, young QB they believe in.

That doesn't make much sense. If we drafted Trey to be the future at QB, then why did we take Brock with the last pick the next year? If we didn't draft Trey and went forward with Jimmy, we may have still needed a QB for depth and Brock would have been there in the 7th. Yeah, the butterfly effect, (and Brock isn't a sure thing yet) but having a Micah Parsons or a Sewell with Brock still likely a QB Kyle is looking at as a late value talent the next season is not far fetched and would be more favorable to the situation we're in now, no?
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Aug 23, 2023 at 7:19 PM ]

• pd24
  • Veteran

Lol wtf is this?

He wasn't good in college, just had tools. He could have stayed and improved. His knock was he didn't play enough. Lol

Exactly how I feel….

I don't know if Trey Lance ever will be great.

I am just not sold on Brock yet. I am just worried we are giving up on Trey too soon and giving Brock our full confidence too soon. And Sam Darnold has already proven he is trash. Doesn't he see ghost in the field while he plays? I mean why give that guy more chance than someone you drafted 3rd overall?

agreed. he had character issues coming out of college including that hazing controversy. ShannyLynch wouldnt have touched him.

You're not addressing my argument, but this is pointless anyway. This is a done deal and a predictable outcome.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Lol wtf is this?

He wasn't good in college, just had tools. He could have stayed and improved. His knock was he didn't play enough. Lol

We're just making up things now.
Share 49ersWebzone