Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 200 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by libertyforever:
So, had Sam lost the QB2 role, you think it is normal for him to have to be dismissed from training for one day?

What about Oliver in he nickel position? DFF for the 3rd stack LB? TDP for the 3rd RB role?

Trey worked his butt off this off season to get better, fixed his mechanics. And yet Darnold just swoops in and was handed the job because Kyle had a draft crush on him. What was Darnold doing when Trey was out there working with other QB coaches during his spare time?

And Kyle said he had his mind made up 10 days ago. Though really he had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. Trey never had a chance to win the #2 job.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

Injuries and then another player exploding on the scene. I feel like people are taking this thing wrong, like they never tried to do right by Lance. He just kept getting injured and another player exploded on the scene, in a historical way, and won everyone over.

they gave him a redshirt year to learn, and sprinkled plays in until he keep getting hurt. Then they gave him his entire second year, unchallenged, and he got hurt. It's just unfortunate but what else is the team supposed to do?

Ignore Brock and give the guy they have less confidence in the job just because he's a nice guy? I feel for Lance but what is the team supposed to do? It's year three and if he was a stud, you'd expect him to be able to beat a bust journeyman

They should make him the QB2 even if they think he isn't

What? Why would they do that? That's messed up for darnold cause it would cost him at least a million dollars in incentives. This isn't a charity. Lol it's a professional league.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
So they should get some flak for all this, no? And not a chance kyle gives a s**t what the fans think when making a decision like drafting a QB.

Kyle probably doesn't. He isn't the only one in the room.

Look at our clown owner on draft day.

Regardless, I think Kyle and the rest of management* deserves criticism for the move. Thankfully they've made other moves to survive the mistake and even get better.

Kyle is the guy. It all rolls through him especially who they draft at 3 overall to play QB.

AND he moved on. He has winning as his goal. Grown up league
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
So, had Sam lost the QB2 role, you think it is normal for him to have to be dismissed from training for one day?

What about Oliver in he nickel position? DFF for the 3rd stack LB? TDP for the 3rd RB role?

Trey worked his butt off this off season to get better, fixed his mechanics. And yet Darnold just swoops in and was handed the job because Kyle had a draft crush on him. What was Darnold doing when Trey was out there working with other QB coaches during his spare time?

And Kyle said he had his mind made up 10 days ago. Though really he had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. Trey never had a chance to win the #2 job.

What? Are you saying Trey worked harder than everyone else? Where is your source? Or did you just made it up?
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

You're right, and that means that what the 49ers are seeing day to day must be realllllly bad, for them to be moving on after spending that much draft capital. There's a word for that: bust.

Injuries and then another player exploding on the scene. I feel like people are taking this thing wrong, like they never tried to do right by Lance. He just kept getting injured and another player exploded on the scene, in a historical way, and won everyone over.

they gave him a redshirt year to learn, and sprinkled plays in until he keep getting hurt. Then they gave him his entire second year, unchallenged, and he got hurt. It's just unfortunate but what else is the team supposed to do?

Ignore Brock and give the guy they have less confidence in the job just because he's a nice guy? I feel for Lance but what is the team supposed to do? It's year three and if he was a stud, you'd expect him to be able to beat a bust journeyman

What? Why would they do that? That's messed up for darnold cause it would cost him at least a million dollars in incentives. This isn't a charity. Lol it's a professional league.

I was being sarcastic… I just wanted to know how it felt to make outlandish claims

I was being sarcastic… I just wanted to know how it felt to make outlandish claims

Oh lmao. I actually thought to myself "that seems out of character for him" hahaha
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Seems like fiction you've decided is reality just so you can be angrier.
FP on knbr just b***h slapped some dude whining about how kyle is a liar and so mean to trey LOL

caller sounded like a zoner
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
So they should get some flak for all this, no? And not a chance kyle gives a s**t what the fans think when making a decision like drafting a QB.

Kyle probably doesn't. He isn't the only one in the room.

Look at our clown owner on draft day.

Regardless, I think Kyle and the rest of management* deserves criticism for the move. Thankfully they've made other moves to survive the mistake and even get better.

Kyle is the guy. It all rolls through him especially who they draft at 3 overall to play QB.

AND he moved on. He has winning as his goal. Grown up league
Correct. this is the NFL, not a charity

3rd string QB. Wow. Exploring trade options but getting NO OFFERS.

The Trey guys are really hurting now.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
FP on knbr just b***h slapped some dude whining about how kyle is a liar and so mean to trey LOL

caller sounded like a zoner
Wouldn't surprise me with all the hot takes in here this afternoon
Originally posted by prospector49:
Originally posted by Crown:

say it louder for the low resolution crowd.

This 100%

Oh lmao. I actually thought to myself "that seems out of character for him" hahaha

Got to throw a curveball every so often rofl
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
3rd string QB. Wow. Exploring trade options but getting NO OFFERS.

The Trey guys are really hurting now.

It's all Kyle's fault….

for "lucking" into Brock Purdy…
Share 49ersWebzone