• Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

Injuries and then another player exploding on the scene. I feel like people are taking this thing wrong, like they never tried to do right by Lance. He just kept getting injured and another player exploded on the scene, in a historical way, and won everyone over.

they gave him a redshirt year to learn, and sprinkled plays in until he keep getting hurt. Then they gave him his entire second year, unchallenged, and he got hurt. It's just unfortunate but what else is the team supposed to do?

Ignore Brock and give the guy they have less confidence in the job just because he's a nice guy? I feel for Lance but what is the team supposed to do? It's year three and if he was a stud, you'd expect him to be able to beat a bust journeyman

They should make him the QB2 even if they think he isn't

What? Why would they do that? That's messed up for darnold cause it would cost him at least a million dollars in incentives. This isn't a charity. Lol it's a professional league.

I was being sarcastic… I just wanted to know how it felt to make outlandish claims

Oh lmao. I actually thought to myself "that seems out of character for him" hahaha

Got to throw a curveball every so often rofl

haha wow
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Give credit to the front office for not trying to save face by putting Lance as QB2. They put him where they think he belongs, even if it makes them look really bad, and shines a spotlight on what truly is one of the worst draft trades in NFL history.
Trey is probably bangin Cowherds daughter tonight to work the stress off, and because of the takes Cowherd gave on him. haha
Originally posted by Shemp:
Give credit to the front office for not trying to save face by putting Lance as QB2. They put him where they think he belongs, even if it makes them look really bad, and shines a spotlight on what truly is one of the worst draft trades in NFL history.

I respect that a lot about this team, they will make the hard decisions, even if theyre not popular. They will do what they think is ultimately best for the team.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
So, had Sam lost the QB2 role, you think it is normal for him to have to be dismissed from training for one day?

What about Oliver in he nickel position? DFF for the 3rd stack LB? TDP for the 3rd RB role?

Trey worked his butt off this off season to get better, fixed his mechanics. And yet Darnold just swoops in and was handed the job because Kyle had a draft crush on him. What was Darnold doing when Trey was out there working with other QB coaches during his spare time?

And Kyle said he had his mind made up 10 days ago. Though really he had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. Trey never had a chance to win the #2 job.

I think that's pretty clear based on just how the outside media talked about it, particularly those in the media that the Shanahan's leak to when they want to undermine one of their own players. It's obvious this was a competition with a pre-determined outcome.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
FP on knbr just b***h slapped some dude whining about how kyle is a liar and so mean to trey LOL

caller sounded like a zoner

Lol might be Trey's relative or something
I won't be surprised if Darnold gets booed on Friday.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

honestly is thought they would

lol, come on... the stadium isn't twitter.

Yup I agree with that… it's a nice trait. Kyle could be right and he could be wrong but at least we know he's brave enough to make the decisions he think is right even with all the fan and media pressure.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Pretty sure people will be there to join you.
Trey is probably bangin Cowherds daughter tonight to work the stress off, and because of the takes Cowherd gave on him. haha

I like cowers a lot, I think he's pretty fair even though I disagree with how good he thinks Darnold did this training camp.

I respect that a lot about this team, they will make the hard decisions, even if theyre not popular. They will do what they think is ultimately best for the team.

Yep. But at the same time, it is a lot easier to make these hard decisions when you have build enough credit and trust.

I like cowers a lot, I think he's pretty fair even though I disagree with how good he thinks Darnold did this training camp.

Me too, but I'd also bang his daughter. Shes quite attractive.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
lol, come on... the stadium isn't twitter.

John Chapman was at the last game and said fans were getting restless when Kyle kept sending Darnold back out there. And the excitement picked up when Trey was brought in.
Share 49ersWebzone