There are 155 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Montana:
"I mean, Steve Young took a while to get going, and he's one of the best quarterbacks of all time," Shanahan said. "I don't like to compare anyone to Steve, cause of how good he is, but why can't Sam be like that? He's got that type of ability. He is that type of person. And I'm just pumped that we could get a talented guy like him here."
The hype before the dump of Lance. Also..if it took Steve a while, who was also injury prone, why not give Lance a bit more time? Hopefully, he will get a *good amount* of time in the Chargers game. I just don't see how Sam could be the next Young lol.
It's hard to compare lance to anyone because he is freaky inexperienced. By the time Young got to the 49ers he had played 34 games in college (908 pass attempts) ,25 games in the USFL (560 attemps), 19 with tampa bay (500 pass attempts). That is essentially 2000 pass attempts & 78 games played from college through the pros BEFORE getting to the 49ers.

Lance has 500 pass attempts and like 30 games including high school/College/Pros - I don't think another year is going to make lance blossom. He really needs at least 2-3 years of playing MIN, IMO. at that point, he will be in his fifth year and second contract. our salary cap numbers will have exploded so we would have to lose talent, and we still arent even sure if thats enough development for him.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I tried to trade Charbonnet in my dynasty league for Purdy because I only have Burrow who is currently injured and the trade got reversed because they said it was too one sided in favor of him. Niner fans think way more highly of Brock than the rest of the NFL fans around the league.

I believe fans are typically biased when it comes to their team and players. The biased for Brock is normal. Having said that, the biased for Trey was completely ridiculous.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Aug 23, 2023 at 9:35 PM ]
I tried to trade Charbonnet in my dynasty league for Purdy because I only have Burrow who is currently injured and the trade got reversed because they said it was too one sided in favor of him. Niner fans think way more highly of Brock than the rest of the NFL fans around the league.

lol. comeback to reality bro. FF isn't real life.

this may be the post of the day tho.
Originally posted by pd24:

Why not? Trey isn't good, so they wanted someone better

It's the backup QB job. How many backup QB's are good? Trey was good enough to start last year but he gets hurt early in week 2 and all of a sudden is not even good enough to be a backup?
Not really. He got hurt, if he didn't, he would be developing at a regular pace and probably still starting. But... he got hurt and Purdy took his job. Can't predict injury, but it isn't holding his job here.

My issue is not Brock starting. It's the whole Sam Darnold thing. He never should have been signed. Just have Brock as #1 and have Trey as #2. Drama over. Still bring in Allen as the #3. But signing Darnold has created this whole mess.

Maybe Trey just can't play that good. There is always that. Darnold is better.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Remember all those leaks sometime back, supposedly coming from the team regarding Sam... Greg Papa talking about Sam could challenge Brock for the starting job.... those leaks were getting called out for being suspicious. They seemed so ridiculous at the time. Many of the regular reporters at camp and practice have said Trey looked better than Sam.

Kyle is the leaker folks. Damn shame.

Papa knows football, that was his actual opinion. His point was that Trey isn't on they level.
Originally posted by boast:

It's not just fantasy. Just look at everyone's QB rankings, Purdy is nowhere to be seen.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

I believe fans are typically biased when it comes to their team. The biased for Brock is normal. Having said that, the biased for Trey was completely ridiculous.
also, since when does being good at getting points in FF = great football players? just draft the best WR on the worst teams because they'll always be behind and getting garbage time stats.

I've seen Campbell for the raiders blow all game but in garbage time landed 2 quick touchdowns (they were down by a lot) and some scrambling yards - I lost in FF because of that. he was trash all game in real life but on paper, he was a stud.

Thats like Lances game againgst the raiders - his stats looked good and he had a touchdown, but it was horrible.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 23, 2023 at 9:38 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran

It's the backup QB job. How many backup QB's are good? Trey was good enough to start last year but he gets hurt early in week 2 and all of a sudden is not even good enough to be a backup?

Hw wasn't good enough to start. They have him a chance to learn and get better. He got hurt.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

"Darnold is better" should be a phrase never used when talking about any other QB. I am sorry but I have no faith at all in Sam Darnold.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Aug 23, 2023 at 9:39 PM ]

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

It's not just fantasy. Just look at everyone's QB rankings, Purdy is nowhere to be seen.

Where was Lance?

what do you mean by "Good enough last year to start"? you're acting like he won the starting job, the team started him knowing it was going to be rough but wanted to get him experience. He was clearly the worst QB out of Jimmy/Brock/Lance. which is very evident as how he cant beat out brock or darnold now with his improvements. if he was in this race last year, it would be a joke.

"Darnold is better" should be a phrase never used when talking about any other QB.
well he's the #2 guy out of 4 here
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

"Darnold is better" should be a phrase never used when talking about any other QB.
well he's the #2 guy out of 4 here

I find it very strange how he is trying to talk up a guy that just got beat out by a guy he keeps putting down and saying is terrible. lmao very strange reasoning.

Kyle drafted Trey. It was determined early last year's offseason that Trey would be QB1. However, after the OTA, mini camp, and training camp, and preseason, Kyle figured Trey's development was not up up expectation, and Trey was completely not ready. That was why Kyle eventually decided to get back Jimmy. Kyle was clearly ready to bench Trey anytime. Nobody wanted Trey to get injured, but I can see the whole team including Kyle had a sense of relieve when Jimmy G got on the field in week 2.

In summary, it wasn't all of a sudden Trey is not good enough. Trey was never good enough.
Share 49ersWebzone