There are 128 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by boast:
lol. comeback to reality bro. FF isn't real life.

this may be the post of the day tho.

It's not just fantasy. Just look at everyone's QB rankings, Purdy is nowhere to be seen.

because he's coming off injury.

look at NFL redrafts for a better opinion

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/06/08/2022-nfl-draft-redo-sauce-gardner-top-pick

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redrafting-2022-nfl-draft-brock-purdy-goes-in-middle-of-round-1-sauce-gardner-taken-no-1-overall/
lol. comeback to reality bro. FF isn't real life.

this may be the post of the day tho.

It's not just fantasy. Just look at everyone's QB rankings, Purdy is nowhere to be seen.

because he's coming off injury.

look at NFL redrafts for a better opinion

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/06/08/2022-nfl-draft-redo-sauce-gardner-top-pick

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redrafting-2022-nfl-draft-brock-purdy-goes-in-middle-of-round-1-sauce-gardner-taken-no-1-overall/
Imagine if Brock went 16 or 6th, like those redrafts are showing. He would being crowned the next great thing. lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
I find it very strange how he is trying to talk up a guy that just got beat out by a guy he keeps putting down and saying is terrible. lmao very strange reasoning.

Trey didn't get beat out. Kyle had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. It was really never an honest competition. Are we really suppose to trust Kyle when it comes to QB's? He would probally trade Bosa for Kirk Cousins straight up if he could lol.
I find it very strange how he is trying to talk up a guy that just got beat out by a guy he keeps putting down and saying is terrible. lmao very strange reasoning.

Trey didn't get beat out. Kyle had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. It was really never an honest competition. Are we really suppose to trust Kyle when it comes to QB's? He would probally trade Bosa for Kirk Cousins straight up if he could lol.

Did Kyle say that? or did you made it up? Source?
[ Edited by libertyforever on Aug 23, 2023 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Maybe Trey just can't play that good. There is always that. Darnold is better.

"Darnold is better" should be a phrase never used when talking about any other QB. I am sorry but I have no faith at all in Sam Darnold.

I got far less faith in bust Trey. It's over for him. Done.

even if it was predetermined, based on the performance in games, it was the correct decision. Sam beat out Trey.
even if it was predetermined, based on the performance in games, it was the correct decision. Sam beat out Trey.

Yeah that one play where he hit that wide open fullback in the flat was awesome. That sealed it. And it only took him 5 drives. That was the most impressive part.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Aug 23, 2023 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

This isn't true. At all. The NFL is littered with 1st round QBs that ended up playing about what Lance already has with the team that selected them. Drunkenmiller. McGwire. Ware. Marinovich.

None of those guys were even close to 3rd overall.

And the fact that your most recent example was 30+ years ago proves my point.

You believe whatever you want to believe. Won't change reality either way.

Yeah that one play where he hit that wide open fullback in the flat was awesome. That sealed it.
lol.. there's nothing wrong with Sam beating out Lance.. get over it
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
The pick was the problem. They compounded it by handing him the job with no competition.

Since that point it's been all mitigation. And we'll be better for it as a team. I'm thankful they adjusted fast because now's not the time for [unconditional] patience. I feel very badly for Trey as an individual, but this is pro sports.

Dude highly invested QBs don't have legit competitions. They get drafted and they play football.

yeah having Lance on this team as a backup QB is just terrible for this team overall. Wow we're so lucky to be getting rid of that cancer of a player. He for sure is hurting this team being here Lol yup you sure some like the voice of reason lol.

Why in the world is Kinlaw still on the team?

Because Kinlaw plays a position where they keep lile 10 guys? Next

And they can keep 3 QBs. What's your point? No they don't keep 10 DTs and if it's about money they've been wasting it on him for multiple yrs.

He's just a rotational player now. Not the best example.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Just wait until he has to play. Hopefully that never happens but with Kyle's history of going through QB's it's unlikely.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Just wait until he has to play. Hopefully that never happens but with Kyle's history of going through QB's it's unlikely.
Darnold will be fine if has to play meaningful snaps
make a post like you dont understand preseason football without actually saying you dont understand preseason football...

Yeah that one play where he hit that wide open fullback in the flat was awesome. That sealed it. And it only took him 5 drives. That was the most impressive part.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Which will be Trey Lance's next team?

Falcons +300.
Vikings +350.
Buccaneers +500.
Commanders +1000.
Patriots +1200.
Titans +1500.

TItans are an interesting one with their new GM having come from us. They already have some project QBs, though.
I tried to trade Charbonnet in my dynasty league for Purdy because I only have Burrow who is currently injured and the trade got reversed because they said it was too one sided in favor of him. Niner fans think way more highly of Brock than the rest of the NFL fans around the league.

Who cares what any fans think? Purdy will prove it or not on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone