There are 144 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
all you haters gonna find out that trey> the white boys.. purdy can make the throws that trey can? purdy can run better? and sam darnold? he a joke, yall gonna learn real quick its a mistake to trade trey. mark my words
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I find it very strange how he is trying to talk up a guy that just got beat out by a guy he keeps putting down and saying is terrible. lmao very strange reasoning.

Trey didn't get beat out. Kyle had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. It was really never an honest competition. Are we really suppose to trust Kyle when it comes to QB's? He would probally trade Bosa for Kirk Cousins straight up if he could lol.

Stop it man. lol just stop it.
It's the backup QB job. How many backup QB's are good? Trey was good enough to start last year but he gets hurt early in week 2 and all of a sudden is not even good enough to be a backup?

Maybe it's because he wasn't actually good enough to start last year but the team made the decision that was the only way they could find out what they had him. According to a recent comment by Kyle there seemed to be some consideration of the idea that, based on their practices, Purdy was actually better than Lance. However, Kyle said because they hadn't had a chance to see Brock transfer those practice reps to gameplay, and because of all they had invested in Trey they opted to give him the starter's spot so that he could get the reps that he so badly needly. So Lance, who was probably the third best QB on the roster last year ends up as the starter, not because he had earned it, but because it was a calculation made by the team on how they could best develop him.
Originally posted by TreyLanceFan:
all you haters gonna find out that trey> the white boys.. purdy can make the throws that trey can? purdy can run better? and sam darnold? he a joke, yall gonna learn real quick its a mistake to trade trey. mark my words

Bryce Lance?
I find it very strange how he is trying to talk up a guy that just got beat out by a guy he keeps putting down and saying is terrible. lmao very strange reasoning.

Trey didn't get beat out. Kyle had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. It was really never an honest competition. Are we really suppose to trust Kyle when it comes to QB's? He would probally trade Bosa for Kirk Cousins straight up if he could lol.

don't stop, it's hilarious if he really feels this way
  • mod
  • Veteran
Buh bye
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Which will be Trey Lance's next team?

Falcons +300.
Vikings +350.
Buccaneers +500.
Commanders +1000.
Patriots +1200.
Titans +1500.

TItans are an interesting one with their new GM having come from us. They already have some project QBs, though.

Yeah, I think titans are a long shot. Theyve invested a 2nd rounder in levis and I think another 2-3 rounder in a guy that they drafted last year.
I think Falcons, Viking, Bucs & Commies are the most likely. Pats are an interesting one. we have relationship with Belichick from Jimmy and I feel like BB is interested in the dual threat, since he tried out an old washed up Cam Newton.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

don't stop, it's hilarious if he really feels this way

Lol and slightly sad.

I really liked Jimmy and I still like Jimmy, but this would be like me sitting here saying "jimmy can make deep throws, Kyle just never called it for him. Its all Kyles fault" lol or something dumb like that.
Trey jock riders are in desperate, desperate shape now. Excuses galore. LOL.

3rd string QB after giving up that many picks. Wow.

Originally posted by boast:
Bryce Lance?

nope but i ya know trey personally and he gonan get back. f you lazy keyboard warriors, you aint got nothin, trey a millionaire. mark my words he gonna get back, bet
  • mod
  • Veteran
Bryce Lance?

nope but i ya know trey personally and he gonan get back. f you lazy keyboard warriors, you aint got nothin, trey a millionaire. mark my words he gonna get back, bet

Treys got 2 years left in the league
Bryce Lance?

No one here is really rootin against the guy. lol quite the opposite, just don't want him starting here.

FYI - ask lance how Liv Cowherd was. Thanks
Bryce Lance?

lol BS.. also, get back what exactly ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 23, 2023 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers81:
It's the backup QB job. How many backup QB's are good? Trey was good enough to start last year but he gets hurt early in week 2 and all of a sudden is not even good enough to be a backup?

Maybe it's because he wasn't actually good enough to start last year but the team made the decision that was the only way they could find out what they had him. According to a recent comment by Kyle there seemed to be some consideration of the idea that, based on their practices, Purdy was actually better than Lance. However, Kyle said because they hadn't had a chance to see Brock transfer those practice reps to gameplay, and because of all they had invested in Trey they opted to give him the starter's spot so that he could get the reps that he so badly needly. So Lance, who was probably the third best QB on the roster last year ends up as the starter, not because he had earned it, but because it was a calculation made by the team on how they could best develop him.

I thought at this point it was obvious - in very limited snaps last year in training camp Purdy was better. You don't get Trent Williams and Fred Warner raising their eyebrows and giving THAT much attention to a 3rd/4th level QB unless he immediately shows something. But of course until someone is in games you really don't know. Some guys practice great and play poorly. Some guys practice poorly and play great. Some guys do both great and some do both poorly. The proof in the pudding is in the eating, and the proof in football is in the playing. Purdy seems to be someone who practices well and plays well on the field. At least so far.
Share 49ersWebzone