There are 90 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I find it very strange how he is trying to talk up a guy that just got beat out by a guy he keeps putting down and saying is terrible. lmao very strange reasoning.

Trey didn't get beat out. Kyle had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. It was really never an honest competition. Are we really suppose to trust Kyle when it comes to QB's? He would probally trade Bosa for Kirk Cousins straight up if he could lol.

Stop it man. lol just stop it.
don't stop, it's hilarious if he really feels this way

Lol and slightly sad.

I really liked Jimmy and I still like Jimmy, but this would be like me sitting here saying "jimmy can make deep throws, Kyle just never called it for him. Its all Kyles fault" lol or something dumb like that.

People did say that though and some still believe it.
Originally posted by TreyLanceFan:
Originally posted by boast:
Bryce Lance?

nope but i ya know trey personally and he gonan get back. f you lazy keyboard warriors, you aint got nothin, trey a millionaire. mark my words he gonna get back, bet

i wish him luck. i have nothing against the kid. i predicted he'd be able to carry a team with time before the draft. things just didnt work out here.

not sure he'd enjoy your vindictiveness tho.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I find it very strange how he is trying to talk up a guy that just got beat out by a guy he keeps putting down and saying is terrible. lmao very strange reasoning.

Trey didn't get beat out. Kyle had his mind made up as soon as he signed Darnold. It was really never an honest competition. Are we really suppose to trust Kyle when it comes to QB's? He would probally trade Bosa for Kirk Cousins straight up if he could lol.

Stop it man. lol just stop it.
don't stop, it's hilarious if he really feels this way

Lol and slightly sad.

I really liked Jimmy and I still like Jimmy, but this would be like me sitting here saying "jimmy can make deep throws, Kyle just never called it for him. Its all Kyles fault" lol or something dumb like that.

People did say that though and some still believe it.

Well then that is sad and theyre in the same boat this guy. lol
Bryce Lance?

nope but i ya know trey personally and he gonan get back. f you lazy keyboard warriors, you aint got nothin, trey a millionaire. mark my words he gonna get back, bet

i wish him luck. i have nothing against the kid. i predicted he'd be able to carry a team with time before the draft. things just didnt work out here.

not sure he'd enjoy your vindictiveness tho.
Hopefully this lights a fire under Trey's ass and he continues to improve.
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
Hopefully this lights a fire under Trey's ass and he continues to improve.

It won't matter. Kyle already has his mind made up. Trey could go 15-15 on Friday with 3 TD's. Sam could go 5-15 with 3 picks and Sam will still be the #2 guy.
all you haters gonna find out that trey> the white boys.. purdy can make the throws that trey can? purdy can run better? and sam darnold? he a joke, yall gonna learn real quick its a mistake to trade trey. mark my words

Originally posted by Afrikan:
all you haters gonna find out that trey> the white boys.. purdy can make the throws that trey can? purdy can run better? and sam darnold? he a joke, yall gonna learn real quick its a mistake to trade trey. mark my words

LMAO thats great
  • mod
  • Veteran
Bryce Lance?

No one here is really rootin against the guy. lol quite the opposite, just don't want him starting here.

FYI - ask lance how Liv Cowherd was. Thanks

I hope he has success but when I watch him play I see a less talented Colin Kaepernick. Trey Lance is an incredibly slow decision maker. He takes forever to read the field. That doesn't bode well for his career. I've seen this play out a million times. He'll buy time with his athleticism but eventually the NFL catches on.

can he fix it? Maybe… but Purdy and Darnold are clearly better, there is no room for him here.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

This isn't true. At all. The NFL is littered with 1st round QBs that ended up playing about what Lance already has with the team that selected them. Drunkenmiller. McGwire. Ware. Marinovich.

"Littered with" - but then you didn't give a single example within the last 20+ years...

Originally posted by mod:
Bryce Lance?

No one here is really rootin against the guy. lol quite the opposite, just don't want him starting here.

FYI - ask lance how Liv Cowherd was. Thanks

I hope he has success but when I watch him play I see a less talented Colin Kaepernick. Trey Lance is an incredibly slow decision maker. He takes forever to read the field. That doesn't bode well for his career. I've seen this play out a million times. He'll buy time with his athleticism but eventually the NFL catches on.

can he fix it? Maybe… but Purdy and Darnold are clearly better, there is no room for him here.

I was never convinced that he could become an elite QB. he seems like a great guy and all but I just don't see it. I think he can become a high end game manager, quality player, but never what we need - a franchise guy who is one of the best in the league annually. I don't think there is any question that lance is worse than Purdy and Darnold, but I do think lance can get a lot better than he is now. he just struggles with the basics of playing Qb and/or struggles to do a lot of it consistently.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Which will be Trey Lance's next team?

Falcons +300.
Vikings +350.
Buccaneers +500.
Commanders +1000.
Patriots +1200.
Titans +1500.

TItans are an interesting one with their new GM having come from us. They already have some project QBs, though.

Yeah, I think titans are a long shot. Theyve invested a 2nd rounder in levis and I think another 2-3 rounder in a guy that they drafted last year.
I think Falcons, Viking, Bucs & Commies are the most likely. Pats are an interesting one. we have relationship with Belichick from Jimmy and I feel like BB is interested in the dual threat, since he tried out an old washed up Cam Newton.

I agree with that. I think the Titans just get on that list because of Carthon.Malik Willis was the QB drafted last year in the 3rd round, but he was awwwwwwwwffullllll when he played last year! At one point last season, they tried to get the popcorn vendor out of the stands to play QB - since he can actually throw things - but the refs wouldn't allow it! Levis was a high 2nd round pick this year, but he's missed a lot of camp with an injury. The Falcons could make sense, though I've not been watching to see how Ridder has been doing. Vikings maybe looking for a QB after Cousins, and Bucs just looking for ANY good option. Washington is the team that has got me thinking though. Maybe some kind of a Lance for Chase Young deal.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

This isn't true. At all. The NFL is littered with 1st round QBs that ended up playing about what Lance already has with the team that selected them. Drunkenmiller. McGwire. Ware. Marinovich.

"Littered with" - but then you didn't give a single example within the last 20+ years...

In general teams have held on TOO LONG with top drafted QBs the last 20 years. Very few struggle like Alex Smith for a long while and then turn into solid starters. Usually guys like Vince Young or Akili Smith or JaMarcus Russell should have been replaced a lot earlier than they were.

These are just off the top of my head, by the way. I know the 80s/90s ones better because I followed the league overall closer than the last 20 years.
I was never convinced that he could become an elite QB. he seems like a great guy and all but I just don't see it. I think he can become a high end game manager, quality player, but never what we need - a franchise guy who is one of the best in the league annually. I don't think there is any question that lance is worse than Purdy and Darnold, but I do think lance can get a lot better than he is now. he just struggles with the basics of playing Qb and/or struggles to do a lot of it consistently.

He doesn't run or throw very well aside from that, he's great.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Well there are 2 ways you can interpret this…

1. Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch have less football intelligence than you.

Or

2. Trey lance has been outperformed by Mr irrelevant on the practice field and in game when given the opportunities.
[ Edited by mod on Aug 23, 2023 at 10:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone