There are 181 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Time to rip the bandaid off...
Originally posted by JTB1974:
This is why I believe it's person with some fans. Some just want to get rid of him for anything when it does no harm having him on the team. Atleast for this season.

It's not personal. It's salary relief and some compensation for a player no longer in our plans. The drop off between him and BA at #3 isn't significant. We're not going to give him the time he needs to develop.
I don't think this thread will reach 10,000 pages, just saying
Originally posted by Goatie:
I don't think this thread will reach 10,000 pages, just saying

not with that type of attitude.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
This is why I believe it's person with some fans. Some just want to get rid of him for anything when it does no harm having him on the team. Atleast for this season.

It's not personal. It's salary relief and some compensation for a player no longer in our plans. The drop off between him and BA at #3 isn't significant. We're not going to give him the time he needs to develop.

Lol at it not being personal with some 🤣
Originally posted by mod:
If we got anything more than a 6th I'd be happy

49ers have no leverage. The guy is QB3. Let's let that sink in a moment. What leverage would we have, if the entire NFL knows we have zero gameday role for this guy, other than 'emergency QB'? We have announced to the football world, that Sam Darnold is clearly beyond this guy. I think if it was close, they would have just given it to Lance, cuz of the investment here. So we are saying he can't really play, do you want him? It's gotta be a sure why not type of deal, which means late round pick, probably pick swap, at best. This is not a windfall for us. It's a hit the eject button. Or you can retain a Lance at $10m per year for 2 years, and bury him on the depth chart. Take your pick. I feel saving dollars, keeping Allen, getting any upgrade to our picks, is all gonna better position the 49ers. I feel this guy has no game, zero. And he is young, I don't think he's gonna develop, but hey maybe?? The prob there is he would be off contract, by the time he gets meaningfully better imo, he's a long ways off now.

I go back to the Mike Martz take, a lot of ppl kind of put their fingers in their ears, so as to not hear what that man was saying, but he nailed it imo.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

I dont care how we find our qb, when you get him you get him, rest his history

I don't care what Riddick says, no team has hired him for a front office, and if they did, they let his sorry ass go.

Why would they let him go?

Don't get so defensive over something that objectively was a massive f**k up.

This go down as one of the worst draft picks in the franchises history and we got 170 random passes to make a judgement over it. I love kyle, but he isn't above being judged either.

They clearly misjudged how ready he was to play. Injuries screwed him. That's the NFL for you though.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Lol at it not being personal with some 🤣

I'm sure those people exist. But the problem here from a general standpoint is that it's personal for the big Trey Lance guys (not everyone who supports him). It's all emotion from this group.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
49ers have no leverage. The guy is QB3. Let's let that sink in a moment. What leverage would we have, if the entire NFL knows we have zero gameday role for this guy, other than 'emergency QB'? We have announced to the football world, that Sam Darnold is clearly beyond this guy. I think if it was close, they would have just given it to Lance, cuz of the investment here. So we are saying he can't really play, do you want him? It's gotta be a sure why not type of deal, which means late round pick, probably pick swap, at best. This is not a windfall for us. It's a hit the eject button. Or you can retain a Lance at $10m per year for 2 years, and bury him on the depth chart. Take your pick. I feel saving dollars, keeping Allen, getting any upgrade to our picks, is all gonna better position the 49ers. I feel this guy has no game, zero. And he is young, I don't think he's gonna develop, but hey maybe?? The prob there is he would be off contract, by the time he gets meaningfully better imo, he's a long ways off now.

I go back to the Mike Martz take, a lot of ppl kind of put their fingers in their ears, so as to not hear what that man was saying, but he nailed it imo.

Again just like the media you seem to pretend that the last two drives vs the Broncos never happened. Or that 2nd half vs the Texans in a must win game.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Which will be Trey Lance's next team?

Falcons +300.
Vikings +350.
Buccaneers +500.
Commanders +1000.
Patriots +1200.
Titans +1500.

Where are the 49ers? Is this if traded?

It's physically impossible for the 49ers to be Trey's NEXT team.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
It's physically impossible for the 49ers to be Trey's NEXT team.

If the question is what team Trey will end up on this season, The Niners would probally be leading the odds and might be something like -500
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Again just like the media you seem to pretend that the last two drives vs the Broncos never happened. Or that 2nd half vs the Texans in a must win game.

Go back and watch how that game started. He throws a you can't do that INT. He had another even worse play (somehow), the back foot disaster. And another that JTO completely blasted, that LB Sanders had his hands on his helmet, he thought he was going the other way with it. He had more of his turndowns, just wide as bleep open guys, and he's not getting it out. Or he's getting it out late. So it was a lot of bad film vs DEN, and a disaster game vs LV. The ARZ game was rough, I was alarmed at him getting ran down by front seven defenders. Where was the athleticism? The CHI game was rough. The HOU game wasn't great. The SEA game I didn't think was great.

My take on this guy is he can't run well and he doesn't throw well. Other than that, he's a fine quarterback.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by captveg:
There has never been a top drafted QB who has gotten so little gametime to prove his worth before being dumped in NFL history. What the 49ers are doing with Trey Lance is absolutely unprecedented.

This isn't true. At all. The NFL is littered with 1st round QBs that ended up playing about what Lance already has with the team that selected them. Drunkenmiller. McGwire. Ware. Marinovich.

None of those guys were even close to 3rd overall.

And the fact that your most recent example was 30+ years ago proves my point.

You believe whatever you want to believe. Won't change reality either way.

What? What did I just post that wasn't in reality?

There has never been a top drafted QB that had so little game time experience before the team determined he was no good until now. You named low first round drafted players from decades ago. I am talking about top of the first round picks.

Every QB bust that was ever taken in the first round got substantial playing time to demonstrate they sucked. JaMarcus Russell. Ryan Leaf. Every single one.

The funny thing is, I have never once failed to acknowledge the plethora of reasons why Trey hasn't gotten more NFL experience. I'm just pointing out how unprecedented this situation truly is. What we did simply does not happen.

(Post obviously is assuming we move off Trey)
What? What did I just post that wasn't in reality?

There has never been a top drafted QB that had so little game time experience before the team determined he was no good until now. You named low first round drafted players from decades ago. I am talking about top of the first round picks.

Every QB bust that was ever taken in the first round got substantial playing time to demonstrate they sucked. JaMarcus Russell. Ryan Leaf. Every single one.

The funny thing is, I have never once failed to acknowledge the plethora of reasons why Trey hasn't gotten more NFL experience. I'm just pointing out how unprecedented this situation truly is. What we did simply does not happen.

(Post obviously is assuming we move off Trey)

Paxton Lynch was a round 1 and he got 4 games. 2 starts one year, and 2 another. So, no, this is not unprecedented. Rare, maybe. What do you want the club to do exactly? Do we just bench our QB1 and QB2 and sabotage the team, by starting a guy we deem as at best QB3 to fulfill a certain number of games played? If you listen to coaches, they don't need to see games played. I heard a coach one time asked do you want to see this young QB start he said no. They asked why he said, cuz I see him every single day. So while the number of games is low, they have access to TL for like 3 years now. They know who he is.
Originally posted by JMC52:
If he lasts till Sunday I hope he lights it up n brings more value

Hope you don't miss the game waiting for it to happen on Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone