There are 190 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
You gotta stop contradicting yourself. You said numerous times it wasn't up to Kyle to develop trey. That it wasn't his job. It was treys job to develop. If you're going to argue the team didn't give him the opportunity to improve by not giving him game reps, then fine, although I don't know what else the team could have done. They handed him the starting job last year and he got injured. Did you want him starting this year as well? Just don't say he wasn't developed properly by the team.

A massive PART of developing is PLAYING, why is that so hard for people to grasp. Instead of trying it diminish what I say because you I don't like it…look at the practical understanding of improving at damn near everything in life, especially playing a sport. 👏 YOU 👏HAVE 👏 TO 👏 PLAY.

Yes a QBs job is to work on their own to improve their craft. Example working with a QB coach in the off season to work on mechanics. They all do it. Did you think lance did as much as possible there? Objectively absolutely. Study the film? Check. Learn the offense? Check.

now he needs to apply all that in LIVE reps. You move heaven and earth just to get the kid in the building, now you're over it after 170 random passing attempts? Come on man. If that was the plan then it was f**ked from the start and everyone needs to be held accountable. Not just Lance. So no he was NOT developed properly. Period.

He was given multiple opportunities to start, he got injured both times. This isn't high-school or college football. He would have probably even lost his job at a major college program if he got hurt 2 years in a row.
Originally posted by pd24:
You gotta stop contradicting yourself. You said numerous times it wasn't up to Kyle to develop trey. That it wasn't his job. It was treys job to develop. If you're going to argue the team didn't give him the opportunity to improve by not giving him game reps, then fine, although I don't know what else the team could have done. They handed him the starting job last year and he got injured. Did you want him starting this year as well? Just don't say he wasn't developed properly by the team.

A massive PART of developing is PLAYING, why is that so hard for people to grasp. Instead of trying it diminish what I say because you I don't like it…look at the practical understanding of improving at damn near everything in life, especially playing a sport. 👏 YOU 👏HAVE 👏 TO 👏 PLAY.

Yes a QBs job is to work on their own to improve their craft. Example working with a QB coach in the off season to work on mechanics. They all do it. Did you think lance did as much as possible there? Objectively absolutely. Study the film? Check. Learn the offense? Check.

now he needs to apply all that in LIVE reps. You move heaven and earth just to get the kid in the building, now you're over it after 170 random passing attempts? Come on man. If that was the plan then it was f**ked from the start and everyone needs to be held accountable. Not just Lance. So no he was NOT developed properly. Period.

He was given multiple opportunities to start, he got injured both times. This isn't high-school or college football. He would have probably even lost his job at a major college program if he got hurt 2 years in a row.

Wasn't that one of the big criticisms of JG? He couldn't stay healthy? At least JG won nearly 70% of his games. Trey won 25%

I just really prefer superbowl runs over forcing a QB to start for his benefit and no one else's

He was given 4 random games lol. He had a broken finger YR1 where he had to change his mechanics just to hold onto the ball.

he was given a massive rainstorm game WK1 where the WHOLE team stunk and given 2 QRs the next week, then broken his ankle because of a blown block from his all-pro LT on a f**king horrible play call.

So we're talking about what ifs and probabilities to push a narrative. Gotcha.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I just really prefer superbowl runs over forcing a QB to start for his benefit and no one else's

Then don't draft a QB plain and simple. Don't give up yrs of 1sts on a 21 yr old kid that NEEDS to play to get better. They didn't win a SB regardless of him playing or not anyway.

if it's about what's best for the team, vs what is best for any one player
I will go with the team, every time

Same or we just should just sit all our starters so our 3rd and 4th string can develop no matter how many years it will take
Originally posted by Goatie:
Wasn't that one of the big criticisms of JG? He couldn't stay healthy? At least JG won nearly 70% of his games. Trey won 25%

So if Lance played exactly like he did vs AZ and the Bears and the TEAM won. Then we could say he won 75% of his games lol. Qb win % is such a stupid stat to hang your hat on. Didn't they win the Seattle game?

He had opportunities, twice. He got injured, twice. Then Purdy came in and ripped the doors off the hinges. The training wheels project is over.

Moral of the story is to not overdraft a guy that will need years of work just to become a functional NFL QB. Let some other team take that risk.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Same or we just should just sit all our starters so our 3rd and 4th string can develop no matter how many years it will take

Or you develop the QB behind a great team to help him improve while not forcing him to be the main reason they win or lose games….you know like we've been doing for years here.

run the ball a f**k ton and play great D.

Then don't draft a QB plain and simple. Don't give up yrs of 1sts on a 21 yr old kid that NEEDS to play to get better. They didn't win a SB regardless of him playing or not anyway.
well It happened and we can't wait to when trey is ready . Why can't you get that?
  • pd24
  • Veteran

He was given 4 random games lol. He had a broken finger YR1 where he had to change his mechanics just to hold onto the ball.

he was given a massive rainstorm game WK1 where the WHOLE team stunk and given 2 QRs the next week, then broken his ankle because of a blown block from his all-pro LT on a f**king horrible play call.

So we're talking about what ifs and probabilities to push a narrative. Gotcha.

He was names the starting QB before last season. He got hurt for the season, the rookie came in later and played great numbers wise and was 7-0. He lost his job due to injury and it was well justified.
If Trey looks good this week does Kyle change his mind? I don't know what they will get if they trade him. Certainly not what they gave up to get him in the draft.I know that if he goes somewhere else and gets a long look and develops into a good QB people will be criticizing this move. He may not develop but I can't see getting rid of him. Keep him for the rest of this year and keep him as the 3rd QB. Purdy and Darnold have both been injured.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Or you develop the QB behind a great team to help him improve while not forcing him to be the main reason they win or lose games….you know like we've been doing for years here.

run the ball a f**k ton and play great D.
Dude we can't sit here and wait on an unknown lol
Share 49ersWebzone