49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 351 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
A question for anyone; has TL gotten any better in his offseasons?

Lol

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

haha so let's take a QB at 3 overall and NOT design the offense around him to be successful. I'm telling you, Allen/Watson/Mahomes/Hurts etc would have failed or not lived up to their potential here.

It's the reality of our OC/HC. He's the system not his players.

So we need a robot at QB. The moment Brock starts going off script and it doesn't work out…on to the next guy. Don't expect any super star QBs that are use too playing free to play in SF
  • pd24
  • Veteran
The Covid season messed up the view on Lance. It probably helped him financially because if he had to play 12 or 13 games, he might have stayed in school or got drafted later.

That 1 game he played that season, he wasn't good as a passer, mostly a big running back.

They messed up on the evaluation
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
End of the day is what it is. I hope he gets an opportunity to play and grow somewhere else. I think we did him dirty and the process overall was horrible.

moving on it's Brock's team until it's not. Kyle doesn't love his QBs for very long

We didn't injure him man, that was an act of god. He was gonna get the year to learn on the job. It's just bad circumstances.

No you're right he totally broke his ankle all on his own. Trent didn't whiff on a block and kyle didn't call a pointless read option that had him running between the tackles. That was all Lance's doing.

That was his "opportunity" to some. A couple passing attempts and some random playing time lol. That s**t never happens to a QB that was drafted 3 overall, let alone someone you moved up for.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Originally posted by Since07:
Has there ever been a bigger blunder for the 9ers? Maybe Trading Charles Haley? If we didn't have Purdy (Who I'm still not 100% on) this would be a catastrophic mistake not just all the picks but we're in the middle of superbowl contention

Uh no. The biggest blunder in 49ers history was drafting Solomon Thomas when Patrick Mahomes fell into our lap. That and passing in Brady and choosing Alex over Rodgers.

The biggest was Alex over Rodgers - home town guy with stand out pro skills. Still not sure how he wasn't drafted by the niners, with the niners in the ultimate draft position as well.

The Solomon Thomas over Mahomes is the ultimate MMQB statement. Every draft board had it that way. Mahomes was considered risky and was (at best) a fringe top 5 pick. This is like when the media comments on how one of the niners' picks was used by Miami on Waddle... again, who knows what pick would've made sense for the niners.

That said, how amazing would it have been to have Mahomes.

I remember that draft in 2005 where the knock on Rodgers was first and foremost a Tedford QB. Second the knock on him was that he was shorter than the listed 6'4" height they had of him in college. The one positive I can remember was that he was from a Pro Style offense and Smith ran the Spread.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

haha so let's take a QB at 3 overall and NOT design the offense around him to be successful. I'm telling you, Allen/Watson/Mahomes/Hurts etc would have failed or not lived up to their potential here.

So we need a robot at QB. The moment Brock starts going off script and it doesn't work out…on to the next guy. Don't expect any super star QBs that are use too playing free to play in SF

What? Lol. Trey got injured then someone played way better. They didn't move off Trey because he was off script. He wouldn't even let the ball go most times. Lmao
  • thl408

Is that what you observed watching Brock play last season? That improvisation is frowned upon and will get him benched?
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Originally posted by Since07:
Has there ever been a bigger blunder for the 9ers? Maybe Trading Charles Haley? If we didn't have Purdy (Who I'm still not 100% on) this would be a catastrophic mistake not just all the picks but we're in the middle of superbowl contention

Uh no. The biggest blunder in 49ers history was drafting Solomon Thomas when Patrick Mahomes fell into our lap. That and passing in Brady and choosing Alex over Rodgers.

The biggest was Alex over Rodgers - home town guy with stand out pro skills. Still not sure how he wasn't drafted by the niners, with the niners in the ultimate draft position as well.

The Solomon Thomas over Mahomes is the ultimate MMQB statement. Every draft board had it that way. Mahomes was considered risky and was (at best) a fringe top 5 pick. This is like when the media comments on how one of the niners' picks was used by Miami on Waddle... again, who knows what pick would've made sense for the niners.

That said, how amazing would it have been to have Mahomes.

Saying the 49ers should of taken Rodgers over Alex is like saying the 49ers messed up by not drafting Tom Brady in 2000. Rodgers was just as risky as Mahomes was and if GB did take him towards the end of round 1 he very likely slips to round 2. Not exactly a can't miss prospect.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
A question for anyone; has TL gotten any better in his offseasons?

Lol

What kind of answer were you expecting to this question?

I means it's pretty obvious to anyone with eyes he's a better passer.

• pd24
  • Veteran
End of the day is what it is. I hope he gets an opportunity to play and grow somewhere else. I think we did him dirty and the process overall was horrible.

moving on it's Brock's team until it's not. Kyle doesn't love his QBs for very long

We didn't injure him man, that was an act of god. He was gonna get the year to learn on the job. It's just bad circumstances.

No you're right he totally broke his ankle all on his own. Trent didn't whiff on a block and kyle didn't call a pointless read option that had him running between the tackles. That was all Lance's doing.

That was his "opportunity" to some. A couple passing attempts and some random playing time lol. That s**t never happens to a QB that was drafted 3 overall, let alone someone you moved up for.

Now blaming people for Lance getting hurt. Lol. It is football, players get hit and hurt every game. Every single game
Originally posted by thl408:
Is that what you observed watching Brock play last season? That improvisation is frowned upon and will get him benched?

Was coming to post this same, and you got it before me. Sam also, throw on some of his tape, he is running around extending, keeping eyes downfield, scramble drill type stuff.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Shanahan and Lynch better hope that the Purdy experiment at QB doesn't blow up in their faces. Jobs are definitely on the line if they trade Lance and he develops into something good.

If they trade Lance and he becomes something good, should they be commended for drafting him, or blasted for trading him?

This is similar to, 'if you punch yourself in the face and start crying, are you strong or weak?"

Lmao
I can't imagine what you say with a couple drinks in you
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Trent Williams miss the defender that was hitting Lance high, #90 was the one going for his legs. And if you didn't draft Lance for his running, then they should've just drafted Mac Jones. No says s**t or grumbles when Josh Allen runs between the Tackles.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Trent Williams miss the defender that was hitting Lance high, #90 was the one going for his legs. And if you didn't draft Lance for his running, then they should've just drafted Mac Jones. No says s**t or grumbles when Josh Allen runs between the Tackles.

Or Hurts. He does it a lot
Share 49ersWebzone