49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 359 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jcs:

haha so let's take a QB at 3 overall and NOT design the offense around him to be successful. I'm telling you, Allen/Watson/Mahomes/Hurts etc would have failed or not lived up to their potential here.

It's the reality of our OC/HC. He's the system not his players.

So we need a robot at QB. The moment Brock starts going off script and it doesn't work out…on to the next guy. Don't expect any super star QBs that are use too playing free to play in SF

Usually when Lynch goes overboard praising a guy it means he's done. We've seen this with other players in the past.

Luckily it's happening this week and for the team it's better to get this little drama out of the way. We are taking about the #3 QB after all.

Trey needs to be quiet and learn, just like Brock did last year and get better for when his time comes be it here or another team.

I hope we don't flat out cut him like Michael Silver opined in the SF Chronicle this morning.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Video of Lance finding out he was demoted to third string and leaving practice.

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
A question for anyone; has TL gotten any better in his offseasons?

Anyone who can't see he's throwing better than he ever has should turn in their football card. He's dramatically improved his passing. The problem is that moves him all the way to "Standard rookie who needs lots of reps and mistakes to learn how to beat NFL defenses," with the exception that he knows the offense. That'd be fine if we weren't a contender and didn't have Brock. But both are true, which means if Trey is going to improve his next major weakness here it will have to be with scout team reps—assuming he gets any.

Treys throwing motion, release timing & accuracy have def improved over this last off season. He seems to have done much better this camp than last camp, he had a pretty rough camp last year.

i don't think he really progressed much in his first off season, rumor is that his finger healed wrong and idk exactly what happened but he tried to tough it out and it wrecked his mechanics even worse. This is where I think the beginning of the end started, not sure though.

Without a Doubt, Trey made improvements this off season. The question is how much - unfortunately, not enough to beat out darnold at this point.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Lol

What kind of answer were you expecting to this question?

I means it's pretty obvious to anyone with eyes he's a better passer.

Let's see if I follow, lot of folks wanted him playing year 1, with he's on the JG level takes, or close to it. He's improved, obviously so, as you say. And is beaten out by Sam. When I watch preseason, he was putting a ton of bad passing reps out there. So I question if you are getting it correct. If he was improving a bunch, and he was near JG level year 1, he should be light years beyond Sam, right?
Originally posted by pd24:
Now blaming people for Lance getting hurt. Lol. It is football, players get hit and hurt every game. Every single game

You're right Trent whiffing on the block that directly lead to Lance's ankle getting destroyed has no bearing on any of it. Calling a play that directly made Lance run between the tackles and get nailed by 300lb men had nothing to do with it.

Damn context. I know it sucks.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Now blaming people for Lance getting hurt. Lol. It is football, players get hit and hurt every game. Every single game

You're right Trent whiffing on the block that directly lead to Lance's ankle getting destroyed has no bearing on any of it. Calling a play that directly made Lance run between the tackles and get nailed by 300lb men had nothing to do with it.

Blocks are missed every game. Keep reaching.

haha so let's take a QB at 3 overall and NOT design the offense around him to be successful. I'm telling you, Allen/Watson/Mahomes/Hurts etc would have failed or not lived up to their potential here.

So we need a robot at QB. The moment Brock starts going off script and it doesn't work out…on to the next guy. Don't expect any super star QBs that are use too playing free to play in SF

We don't need a robot. We need a QB who can make the correct read based on the coverage and throw with enough accuracy to maximize YAC. Kyle doesn't have an issue with QB's extending plays. He has an issue with QB's leaving the pocket early because they lack the ability to process the field at an elite level.
Let's see if I follow, lot of folks wanted him playing year 1, with he's on the JG level takes, or close to it. He's improved, obviously so, as you say. And is beaten out by Sam. When I watch preseason, he was putting a ton of bad passing reps out there. So I question if you are getting it correct. If he was improving a bunch, and he was near JG level year 1, he should be light years beyond Sam, right?

So preseason games is how you judge players lol? f**k man Brian Hoyer was the man then
Originally posted by thl408:

Is that what you observed watching Brock play last season? That improvisation is frowned upon and will get him benched?

He is too busy being petulant than factual.

Same play SEA ran for Smith 3x that same game

• pd24
  • Veteran

So preseason games is how you judge players lol? f**k man Brian Hoyer was the man then

You were comparing some Trey preseason throw to a Brock playoff throw against Dallas to make a point earlier in the thread. Lol. Keep reaching

Wasn't KS judging the whole enchilada on these two guys? And picked Sam over TL? After years of supposed big TL improvement? And he was on JGs heels year 1, remember that one?
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Aug 24, 2023 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Method:
Darnold sucks. Period. He's proven it. What a failure by shanny

Hes the backup
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We don't need a robot. We need a QB who can make the correct read based on the coverage and throw with enough accuracy to maximize YAC. Kyle doesn't have an issue with QB's extending plays. He has an issue with QB's leaving the pocket early because they lack the ability to process the field at an elite level.

Need Brock to stay healthy then because he's the only one that has showed that ability.

Lol

What kind of answer were you expecting to this question?

I means it's pretty obvious to anyone with eyes he's a better passer.

Divide his improvement by his live reps, instead by time as you are doing here, and you see why people were saying things like this.
Share 49ersWebzone