There are 221 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
His main issue is he holds on to the ball way too long, if he can get that fixed he can be good but he needs to quicker getting that ball out
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Video of Lance finding out he was demoted to third string and leaving practice.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We don't need a robot. We need a QB who can make the correct read based on the coverage and throw with enough accuracy to maximize YAC. Kyle doesn't have an issue with QB's extending plays. He has an issue with QB's leaving the pocket early because they lack the ability to process the field at an elite level.

Need Brock to stay healthy then because he's the only one that has showed that ability.

Pretty much the situation for every other team, if their starter goes down.
We don't need a robot. We need a QB who can make the correct read based on the coverage and throw with enough accuracy to maximize YAC. Kyle doesn't have an issue with QB's extending plays. He has an issue with QB's leaving the pocket early because they lack the ability to process the field at an elite level.

Need Brock to stay healthy then because he's the only one that has showed that ability.

Which is why he is QB1 and none of the other's had a chance in hell to compete.
Looks like there is a better chance that I originally thought that Lance stays here.

based on our history, and awkwardness, Lance will be the starter by mid season. Lmao (I hope no one gets injured! I'm just joking)
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

There are plenty of backups around the league then process just fine. Most are just lacking the elite tools to go with it.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Since07:
Has there ever been a bigger blunder for the 9ers? Maybe Trading Charles Haley? If we didn't have Purdy (Who I'm still not 100% on) this would be a catastrophic mistake not just all the picks but we're in the middle of superbowl contention

Uh no. The biggest blunder in 49ers history was drafting Solomon Thomas when Patrick Mahomes fell into our lap. That and passing in Brady and choosing Alex over Rodgers.

No. A lot of teams passed on Mahomes. And nobody thought he was going to be anywhere near as good as he turned out to be.

That's not true. Nine teams passed on him and Andy Reid traded up for him because he knew his ceiling was at least Brett Favre. Odd that people like me who wanted him also saw a Favre clone. People got caught up in the hype is what happened—the NEGATIVE hype—and didn't trust what their eyes were showing them: Brett Favre 2.0.

Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Originally posted by Since07:
Has there ever been a bigger blunder for the 9ers? Maybe Trading Charles Haley? If we didn't have Purdy (Who I'm still not 100% on) this would be a catastrophic mistake not just all the picks but we're in the middle of superbowl contention

Uh no. The biggest blunder in 49ers history was drafting Solomon Thomas when Patrick Mahomes fell into our lap. That and passing in Brady and choosing Alex over Rodgers.

The biggest was Alex over Rodgers - home town guy with stand out pro skills. Still not sure how he wasn't drafted by the niners, with the niners in the ultimate draft position as well.

The Solomon Thomas over Mahomes is the ultimate MMQB statement. Every draft board had it that way. Mahomes was considered risky and was (at best) a fringe top 5 pick. This is like when the media comments on how one of the niners' picks was used by Miami on Waddle... again, who knows what pick would've made sense for the niners.

That said, how amazing would it have been to have Mahomes.
Weird that "every" draft board had it that way when Andy Reid traded up to get him. All the people who saw the Favre similarities had him as number 1 on the board.
Divide his improvement by his live reps, instead by time as you are doing here, and you see why people were saying things like this.

But remember the entire setup. Sit year one, play year 2. That setup was he's ready to play year 2 and be effective. Pretty clear he wasn't nearly as year 2 ready as they hoped. So they banked on improving during the offseason, which didn't really happen.
Who would want to trade for Lance? We'd get maybe a 7th for him at this point.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
They did that his second season and he got hurt. And a lot of fans wanted kyles head on a stick for running him.

I didn't want his head on a stick but I spent all summer before the injury debating others here why calling designed runs for him is playing with fire. Lo and behold Lance and his career got burnt.

They drafted trey because he could run, kyle has said this already. He also added he wasn't ready to throw from the pocket every down.

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I wonder if he is being "difficult" behind the scenes.

0% chance of that. Too good of a kid

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by krizay:
0% chance of that. Too good of a kid

Agreed. All he's done is work to get better, at least as far as we can see.

Problem is, he isn't much better. Sure he may have improved a tad but given the time he has had to absorb the playbook and the offense, he should have not lost that job to Sam.

Him doing that shows me that he didn't go that extra mile. Perhaps a small sense of entitlement due to his draft status. That said, the 49ers already did right by Trey. He would have never been drafted in the first round and now was so he is financially sound for life if he isn't stupid.

I can see him having a bit of a tude having been drafted #3 overall and to lose your job to a guy that was the last pick in the draft. Who knows. I wish him the best though, here or wherever he plays.
Which is why he is QB1 and none of the other's had a chance in hell to compete.

So Brock and Sam aren't twinsies in your mind?
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

There are plenty of backups around the league then process just fine. Most are just lacking the elite tools to go with it.

Right, but I imagine their expectations for the playoffs/Super Bowl go down quite a bit.

We have only been able to see a little bit, but what did you think of Allen?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Who would want to trade for Lance? We'd get maybe a 7th for him at this point.

No one, its best we keep him
End of the day is what it is. I hope he gets an opportunity to play and grow somewhere else. I think we did him dirty and the process overall was horrible.

moving on it's Brock's team until it's not. Kyle doesn't love his QBs for very long

We didn't injure him man, that was an act of god. He was gonna get the year to learn on the job. It's just bad circumstances.

No you're right he totally broke his ankle all on his own. Trent didn't whiff on a block and kyle didn't call a pointless read option that had him running between the tackles. That was all Lance's doing.

That was his "opportunity" to some. A couple passing attempts and some random playing time lol. That s**t never happens to a QB that was drafted 3 overall, let alone someone you moved up for.

There was nothing pointless about those runs. Despite what the ridiculous Lance critics claim, Lance is GOOD at those kind of runs, and those kind of runs DO affect a defense. They were good calls. It was just an unfortunate injury.
Share 49ersWebzone