There are 241 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
No one, its best we keep him

Keep this circus every day of what are the 49ers doing with Lance? So we can retain a high cap hit QB3?

No thank you.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Since07:
Has there ever been a bigger blunder for the 9ers? Maybe Trading Charles Haley? If we didn't have Purdy (Who I'm still not 100% on) this would be a catastrophic mistake not just all the picks but we're in the middle of superbowl contention

Uh no. The biggest blunder in 49ers history was drafting Solomon Thomas when Patrick Mahomes fell into our lap. That and passing in Brady and choosing Alex over Rodgers.

The biggest was Alex over Rodgers - home town guy with stand out pro skills. Still not sure how he wasn't drafted by the niners, with the niners in the ultimate draft position as well.

The Solomon Thomas over Mahomes is the ultimate MMQB statement. Every draft board had it that way. Mahomes was considered risky and was (at best) a fringe top 5 pick. This is like when the media comments on how one of the niners' picks was used by Miami on Waddle... again, who knows what pick would've made sense for the niners.

That said, how amazing would it have been to have Mahomes.

Saying the 49ers should of taken Rodgers over Alex is like saying the 49ers messed up by not drafting Tom Brady in 2000. Rodgers was just as risky as Mahomes was and if GB did take him towards the end of round 1 he very likely slips to round 2. Not exactly a can't miss prospect.

Yeah but Rodgers looked like an NFL QB and Alex looked like a spread QB.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
His main issue is he holds on to the ball way too long, if he can get that fixed he can be good but he needs to quicker getting that ball out

Lance was slinging it in shotgun that last 2 drives the other night. We can see he was comfortable. His pocket passing needs more work --quicker recognition, and in playaction also. Can't force that overnight it has to be a process. Unless you are Brock Purdy. I still don't know how that dude just gets it straight out of the box.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We don't need a robot. We need a QB who can make the correct read based on the coverage and throw with enough accuracy to maximize YAC. Kyle doesn't have an issue with QB's extending plays. He has an issue with QB's leaving the pocket early because they lack the ability to process the field at an elite level.

Disagree. Zero chance kyle would allow guys like Hurts, Allen or Mahomes be who they are. He clearly wasn't gonna change his offense at all to suit the guy they invested the future in. That's for damn sure. Lynch said it himself.

people get all upset that we didn't draft so and so….ultimately those guys wouldn't have been who they are if they came here. Allen probably gets 100 passing attempts then we play Nick Mullens or some s**t. Mahomes and his unorthodox mechanics and play would have been beaten to death out of him. Bill O'Brien had to change his offense completely for Watson. Hurts would have been turned into a RB or some s**t.

Face it kyle wants who he wants. There's a reason why he didn't even look at Watson/Mahomes/Allen and had a boner over Kirk. Dude turned Brady away. I'll bet money he didn't want the QB to have all the power like Tom always did…Those special talent players don't always play within the system and that's a problem here.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Keep this circus every day of what are the 49ers doing with Lance? So we can retain a high cap hit QB3?

No thank you.

Did that s**t with Jimmy and you had zero issues with it
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jcs:

haha so let's take a QB at 3 overall and NOT design the offense around him to be successful. I'm telling you, Allen/Watson/Mahomes/Hurts etc would have failed or not lived up to their potential here.

It's the reality of our OC/HC. He's the system not his players.

So we need a robot at QB. The moment Brock starts going off script and it doesn't work out…on to the next guy. Don't expect any super star QBs that are use too playing free to play in SF

Is that what you observed watching Brock play last season? That improvisation is frowned upon and will get him benched?

He's just grieving let him be
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Right, but I imagine their expectations for the playoffs/Super Bowl go down quite a bit.

We have only been able to see a little bit, but what did you think of Allen?

Haven't seen enough to make any definitive statement. Never watched Bengals preseason.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We don't need a robot. We need a QB who can make the correct read based on the coverage and throw with enough accuracy to maximize YAC. Kyle doesn't have an issue with QB's extending plays. He has an issue with QB's leaving the pocket early because they lack the ability to process the field at an elite level.

Disagree. Zero chance kyle would allow guys like Hurts, Allen or Mahomes be who they are. He clearly wasn't gonna change his offense at all to suit the guy they invested the future in. That's for damn sure. Lynch said it himself.

people get all upset that we didn't draft so and so….ultimately those guys wouldn't have been who they are if they came here. Allen probably gets 100 passing attempts then we play Nick Mullens or some s**t. Mahomes and his unorthodox mechanics and play would have been beaten to death out of him. Bill O'Brien had to change his offense completely for Watson. Hurts would have been turned into a RB or some s**t.

Face it kyle wants who he wants. There's a reason why he didn't even look at Watson/Mahomes/Allen and had a boner over Kirk. Dude turned Brady away. I'll bet money he didn't want the QB to have all the power like Tom always did…Those special talent players don't always play within the system and that's a problem here.

We don't know. Trey was not on the level of those 3. Not even in College
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
There was nothing pointless about those runs. Despite what the ridiculous Lance critics claim, Lance is GOOD at those kind of runs, and those kind of runs DO affect a defense. They were good calls. It was just an unfortunate injury.

Poor execution by the folks around him on that play…yet "he got his opportunity"

No thank you.

He adjusted the contract and he was not QB3.. lol come on here man

• pd24
  • Veteran

No thank you.

You had issues with it though. Lol

No thank you.

I think the team holds onto him instead of taking a low draft pick. I don't think they'll let him go for anything less than a second round pick. Make a conditional third. Whether they get that or not is a different story but I think they'll hold onto him otherwise.

they may be hoping he balls out this last preseason game?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Which is why he is QB1 and none of the other's had a chance in hell to compete.

So Brock and Sam aren't twinsies in your mind?

Sam has all the physical tools but no I don't think they are twinsies. 🤣

What I do think is that Sam makes a better spot starter for Brock than Trey does. Which is why I believe Kyle made the decision that he made. Because honestly, I don't know what the hell the folks who said Sam outplayed Trey in pre season were even watching. Neither QB stood out to me.
It appears Trey got the message he was QB2, and then he had his agent request a trade and leak the news.

It seems like Trey way overvalued himself. There is not going to be a team that will promise to give him playing time this season. If he really wants to get out, he can buyback by paying back the remaining portion of the signing bonus. But he is certainly not going to do that, because there is a chance he may never make those money again for the rest of his career.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We still have him under contract for at least 2 more seasons. Keep him
Share 49ersWebzone