There are 216 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I feel like the Dolphins have to be a top location for Trey. They have no viable backup behind Tua. White isn't any better than Trey and offers no real upside.

I don't see Atlanta making the move. They've got Heineke and Ridder. Kind of the same thing over in Washington.

Tampa is the only other spot where I'm thinking maybe.

But outside of Miami, there's not any places where his situation would be different that what it is here. He'd be the #3 still on most teams.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Looks like there is a better chance that I originally thought that Lance stays here.

based on our history, and awkwardness, Lance will be the starter by mid season. Lmao (I hope no one gets injured! I'm just joking)

We'll see.. Purdy is lucky to have stepped in when the offense was already in sync last yr. It'll be interesting to see how Purdy handles the first 5 games of the season when the offense is still finding their groove.. If the run game isn't there early on and the offense is dealt alot of 3rd and longs… Darnold better be ready to step in, Cause this Oline seems leaky against pressure.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Man these Trey guys are really hurting and looking for excuses. A special talent guy. Yeah the 3rd string QB. He's so talented. It's just the system holding him back. I told you Trey can't play. Thank goodness we landed Brock Purdy to get us out of this bust disaster. He's not even that fast like Fields.

And here's the opposite end of the spectrum

Truth is truth. In this case tough to handle for some on the WZ who were deeply emotionally invested in this guy.

Sounds like you're describing yourself with Jimmy.

Jimmy G will still be winning games long after Trey is out of the league. Which is likely to be soon. Jimmy is not that bad. Just injured a lot.

Calling some emotionally invested yet it was you and one other poster celebrating after Trey's injury. It's clear you're projecting that's all.

I never celebrated Trey getting injured. Nor would I for any player. He just can't play. He doesn't read the field well or know where to go with the ball. We don't have time for training program. So best of luck to him after his rookie contract runs out.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I feel like the Dolphins have to be a top location for Trey. They have no viable backup behind Tua. White isn't any better than Trey and offers no real upside.

I don't see Atlanta making the move. They've got Heineke and Ridder. Kind of the same thing over in Washington.

But outside of Miami, there's not any places where his situation would be different that what it is here. He'd be the #3 still on most teams.

If he pans out that would be a crazy offense that suits his skill sets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Good call re: Dolphins. Familiarity with McDaniel, Tua's injury history, etc.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Hearing Miami is interested. Talks of a 5th or 6th rounder.

Please make it happen!!!! Would love another 5th round pick!!!!
#1 Lance should have stayed in college and played for 1-2 more yrs. The NFL money was just to alluring to pass on. His big mistake. #2 the Niners giving up way to much to get a player that had the tools but not the experience of reading defenses. Both sides made mistakes. Lance getting injured only made it worse. And here we are!!!!! Good thing they ended up getting Mr Irrelevant who did get 3-4 yrs of experience and so far is looking like a good QB and maybe a top 10 player. So let's go 49ers!! It should be a fun ride to #6 this year.
We should do a trade poll and see what comp ppl would be willing to do
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Spoiler alert, it won't be much fun

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Conditional 5th is my guess
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
#1 Lance should have stayed in college and played for 1-2 more yrs. The NFL money was just to alluring to pass on. His big mistake. #2 the Niners giving up way to much to get a player that had the tools but not the experience of reading defenses. Both sides made mistakes. Lance getting injured only made it worse. And here we are!!!!! Good thing they ended up getting Mr Irrelevant who did get 3-4 yrs of experience and so far is looking like a good QB and maybe a top 10 player. So let's go 49ers!! It should be a fun ride to #6 this year.

Maybe as far as gaining experience, but remember these are young kids listening to their agents who are trying to maximize $. We'll see how his career trajectory heads, but even if he never plays another down in the league has developed a very healthy bank account.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I am thinking maybe we get a 5th and give a 6th
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

This is about it. Trey isn't worth much, and there are a lack of landing spots where he would even have a chance of seeing the field. Any team getting him is doing little more than taking a flyer on the kid. There is little value here. Too bad for all parties.
Share 49ersWebzone