There are 269 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I feel like the Dolphins have to be a top location for Trey. They have no viable backup behind Tua. White isn't any better than Trey and offers no real upside.

I don't see Atlanta making the move. They've got Heineke and Ridder. Kind of the same thing over in Washington.

Tampa is the only other spot where I'm thinking maybe.

But outside of Miami, there's not any places where his situation would be different that what it is here. He'd be the #3 still on most teams.

I saw on another site that Chi could be a place for Trey to backup Fields.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
A question for anyone; has TL gotten any better in his offseasons?

Lol

No....maybe even worse.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Good on SF. I don't see the issue. When you make this decision, you owe it to give the news to the player first. Not the fans. TL shouldn't find out from it blowing up, he should hear it from coach. That is how it happened, and they are saying nothing but nice things about him. This is called a class act org.

Whenever trades for him the higher the pick Lynch gets, the more of the next 2 years of salary we will have to pay on Lances contract to offset that pick.
Good on SF. I don't see the issue. When you make this decision, you owe it to give the news to the player first. Not the fans. TL shouldn't find out from it blowing up, he should hear it from coach. That is how it happened, and they are saying nothing but nice things about him. This is called a class act org.

Ya i dont see the problem
Lance should stay and give Kyle a bad case of Dante Johnson

In summary, they suck at b******tting.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Lol

No....maybe even worse.

I tried to get a response to the question, if he was on JGs heels in 2021 (heard this a bunch) and he improved a bunch in all his offseasons (heard this a bunch), why is he losing comps to Sam Darnold year 3? Doesn't add up to me. If he was close to JG in 2021, and much improved now, he leaves Darnold in the dust, right?
I feel like the Dolphins have to be a top location for Trey. They have no viable backup behind Tua. White isn't any better than Trey and offers no real upside.

I don't see Atlanta making the move. They've got Heineke and Ridder. Kind of the same thing over in Washington.

But outside of Miami, there's not any places where his situation would be different that what it is here. He'd be the #3 still on most teams.

I feel like the optics of trading him there would be so bad it won't even be considered.

Lol

No....maybe even worse.

I tried to get a response to the question, if he was on JGs heels in 2021 (heard this a bunch) and he improved a bunch in all his offseasons (heard this a bunch), why is he losing comps to Sam Darnold year 3? Doesn't add up to me. If he was close to JG in 2021, and much improved now, he leaves Darnold in the dust, right?

He was never close to JG in 2021, not in 2022 either.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Aug 24, 2023 at 11:29 AM ]
"Schefter: 49ers 'not looking for very much' in return for Trey Lance"

TL trade market is a dumpster fire... day 3 pick, hopefully conditional 5th rounder would be a nice... but you heard this months before in this thread

that has been my predicted target for months now
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Lol

No....maybe even worse.

He isn't close to Darnold. Being close to JG is laughable
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Lol

No....maybe even worse.

That's is probably closer to the truth, I don't think he's grow a lot in his offseasons either. That's the disappointing aspect to me. I thought after 18 months of grinding to be the 2022 guy he would look a lot better than he did. Pretty clear from bringing JG back, to getting the vets onboard with him, to the 'learning on the fly' he wasn't ready, and Martz called it like it was. He was a long ways off. Still is.
Share 49ersWebzone