There are 340 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
meh, a good emergency option in case we have another rash of injuries, at least until the rookie contract is over. Would have liked to see more, but we got our FQB so I ain't mad. Maybe we can fleece a team next year trading him, if not I'll gladly take good depth at a critical position after the injury issues the 49ers have faced for the last f**king forever.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Furlow:
A lot of gloating in here. Sheesh. I feel bad for Trey. It's been a bad fit from the beginning and I think the theory that he was forced/pushed on Kyle is starting to make more sense. Just doesn't fit the mold that Kyle seems to be looking for.

Hopefully for Trey he goes somewhere where the coach and system are a better fit, and he gets a chance to play.

If he goes to the right place I believe he can be a good QB. His strengths were NEVER a good fit here

No team will start trey right now, he will be a qb2 or qb3 wherever he goes
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
A lot of gloating in here. Sheesh. I feel bad for Trey. It's been a bad fit from the beginning and I think the theory that he was forced/pushed on Kyle is starting to make more sense. Just doesn't fit the mold that Kyle seems to be looking for.

Hopefully for Trey he goes somewhere where the coach and system are a better fit, and he gets a chance to play.

Trey being pushed on kyle makes no sense, its more likely he swung and missed. I don't know why people can't accept that.

I agree with this and i'm a Kyle fan.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Sharks are circling, more teams entering the fire sale trade for TL.... a poll is needed

lol if teams are offering then it aint much

5th is most likely the best we're getting

That would be an issue, he is probably worth a 4th round compensation pick due to salary... He probably cant get a 3rd due to playing time...

They would be doing him one hell of a solid trading him for less then a 4th....
Originally posted by miked1978:
I agree with this and i'm a Kyle fan.

Huge KS fan, and he learned his lesson, he already fixed the process. They got a team of guys and they eval'd the late round QBs, Griese played a role in that, they identified BP, and the problem is solved. So KS, amazing HC, not the QB whisperer, but great at putting a team around him and admitting a mistake. He makes great hires. Griese was a great hire.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Man these Trey guys are really hurting and looking for excuses. A special talent guy. Yeah the 3rd string QB. He's so talented. It's just the system holding him back. I told you Trey can't play. Thank goodness we landed Brock Purdy to get us out of this bust disaster. He's not even that fast like Fields.

And here's the opposite end of the spectrum

Truth is truth. In this case tough to handle for some on the WZ who were deeply emotionally invested in this guy.

Sounds like you're describing yourself with Jimmy.

Jimmy G will still be winning games long after Trey is out of the league. Which is likely to be soon. Jimmy is not that bad. Just injured a lot.

Calling some emotionally invested yet it was you and one other poster celebrating after Trey's injury. It's clear you're projecting that's all.

I never celebrated Trey getting injured. Nor would I for any player. He just can't play. He doesn't read the field well or know where to go with the ball. We don't have time for training program. So best of luck to him after his rookie contract runs out.

I said you celebrated AFTER Trey's injury, because that's exactly what you did.

You and several other posters were all smiles in the Jimmy thread while showing zero remorse to Trey.

You were gloating that you could say Trey sucks without any fear of him proving you wrong, because he broke his ankle.

I guess that's the difference between you and I... because I've been critical of Jimmy but when I saw people mocking his injury in any way, I called them out for it. It's wrong on so many levels.

I don't see a player's injury as a time to say I told you so. Only posters with an extreme and cruel "emotional investment" do that.

"Game 1 = "Starting QB" = 0 - 1.

Game 2 = Jimmy G = 1 - 0.

It's so obvious who is the better starter for this year guys. It's not close. You can make a run with Jimmy G. Not going anywhere with Trey Lance.

Super Bowl with Jimmy G!

I got this team in the Super Bowl with Jimmy G. We got a QB now! -SD
No team will start trey right now, he will be a qb2 or qb3 wherever he goes

I completely agree. I have been looking at possible trade scenarios since April I really don't see anything for him. I guess Minny since they previously was interested. What's crazy is his 2 best destinations are really LAR & ARI. I don't see us trading him to either place. Though it would be best for HIM
"Schefter: 49ers 'not looking for very much' in return for Trey Lance"

TL trade market is a dumpster fire... day 3 pick, hopefully conditional 5th rounder would be a nice... but you heard this months before in this thread

Got a link
I said you celebrated AFTER Trey's injury, because that's exactly what you did.

You and several other posters were all smiles in the Jimmy thread while showing zero remorse to Trey.

You were gloating that you could say Trey sucks without any fear of him proving you wrong, because he broke his ankle.

I guess that's the difference between you and I... because I've been critical of Jimmy but when I saw people mocking his injury in any way, I called them out for it. It's wrong on so many levels.

I don't see a player's injury as a time to say I told you so. Only posters with an extreme and cruel "emotional investment" do that.

"Game 1 = "Starting QB" = 0 - 1.

Game 2 = Jimmy G = 1 - 0.

It's so obvious who is the better starter for this year guys. It's not close. You can make a run with Jimmy G. Not going anywhere with Trey Lance.

Super Bowl with Jimmy G!

I got this team in the Super Bowl with Jimmy G. We got a QB now! -SD

Amen Waterbear
Originally posted by NYniner85:

TL trade market is a dumpster fire... day 3 pick, hopefully conditional 5th rounder would be a nice... but you heard this months before in this thread

Got a link

Bottom of the page

should be pinned as the first post in this thread
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Got a link

Bottom of the page

Thanks. Looks like he left this part out

"They honestly, truly would like to put him in a situation where he can shine, where he can excel, because they do believe that he's made improvements" so they want to move him to the right spot and are fine getting nothing in return.

also for the folks that think they would save anything meaningful trading him this yr

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 24, 2023 at 12:21 PM ]

Trey being pushed on kyle makes no sense, its more likely he swung and missed. I don't know why people can't accept that.

This. I dont' see them pushing s**t on KS. He has final say.

should be pinned as the first post in this thread

Yessir, it's almost like he has been to the TL thread
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yessir, it's almost like he has been to the TL thread

Being on twitter is enough. The replies to his tweets are a mess of overly emotional confused fans. You only get a taste of that here. The most biased individuals accusing others of bias, lol.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Aug 24, 2023 at 12:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone