There are 365 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Thanks.

also for the folks that think they would save anything meaningful trading him this yr

A million vs rostering a QB3 who won't play and would struggle if out there, yeah I'll take the million, and then the savings next year too, and a pick of some sort, B Allen, sounds all good to me. The guy needs so many snaps we would have to tank this year, probably tank next year just to give it all to Lance, and maybe when he's off contract, he would be nice and leveled up for his next team. What sense does that make? Any?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
A million vs rostering a QB3 who won't play and would struggle if out there, yeah I'll take the million, and then the savings next year too, and a pick of some sort, B Allen, sounds all good to me. The guy needs so many snaps we would have to tank this year, probably tank next year just to give it all to Lance, and maybe when he's off contract, he would be nice and leveled up for his next team. What sense does that make? Any?

Not to mention the savings next year and avoiding doing this same media dance through this season and into next year. This is a circus… for a player that ideally will never take a snap this season. It's the team's fault, not Trey's, in this context, but it's also on them to nip it in the bud.
Dolphins should trade for Trey just to make Kyle and John look even more like the joke they are. "We will give you 3 1st rd picks and then hand you the player were going to draft"
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Furlow:
A lot of gloating in here. Sheesh. I feel bad for Trey. It's been a bad fit from the beginning and I think the theory that he was forced/pushed on Kyle is starting to make more sense. Just doesn't fit the mold that Kyle seems to be looking for.

Hopefully for Trey he goes somewhere where the coach and system are a better fit, and he gets a chance to play.

Trey being pushed on kyle makes no sense, its more likely he swung and missed. I don't know why people can't accept that.

This. I dont' see them pushing s**t on KS. He has final say.

Trey being pushed on KS is the only situation that makes sense.... you don't have to know much to look at TL's college tape to realize that that he isn't a talented passer, and you can stop right there.... look at his college tape and you can see glaring inaccuracy issues, if you are not skilled and accurate passing in the NFL there is no way you can be a franchise QB, and it is not a skill you can learn and be effective with either you were born with it or you weren't... KS wanted McCorkle but had his mind "changed" in some manner, the real story won't come out for quite some....
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

should be pinned as the first post in this thread

David is my favorite beat writer, hands down. Such level headed takes that makes the most sense to me. He's the only beat writer I follow. Too bad his articles are subscription based.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Not to mention the savings next year and avoiding doing this same media dance through this season and into next year. This is a circus… for a player that ideally will never take a snap this season. It's the team's fault, not Trey's, in this context, but it's also on them to nip it in the bud.

That's why I think this will move quick, if the phone rings JL is saying DEAL instead of hello. If he is still around, we didn't get any offers. We would have to announce he's a 49er and we are moving forward with him as QB3 and that will be that. But I think there will be a trade. I've been suggesting trade for a few weeks now, ever since Breer mentioned the cap hit situation for 2024.. it's just not workable, if TL falls to QB3, and that happened.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

should be pinned as the first post in this thread

David is my favorite beat writer, hands down. Such level headed takes that makes the most sense to me. He's the only beat writer I follow. Too bad his articles are subscription based.

I found David's account ^^

DL is one of the biggest Niner homers. JL could trade Bosa for two 2nd RD picks tomorrow and DL would try to spin it into a positive trade.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Man these Trey guys are really hurting and looking for excuses. A special talent guy. Yeah the 3rd string QB. He's so talented. It's just the system holding him back. I told you Trey can't play. Thank goodness we landed Brock Purdy to get us out of this bust disaster. He's not even that fast like Fields.

And here's the opposite end of the spectrum

Truth is truth. In this case tough to handle for some on the WZ who were deeply emotionally invested in this guy.

The truth is you thought he could never be accurate. He proved you wrong and now is as accurate as the rest of the guys.

He just needs more time than the 49ers can afford to give him, because throwing wasn't the only place he was behind.
"49ers general manager John Lynch admitted Thursday in an interview on KNBR radio that the most likely outcome is that Lance remains with the team, and seemed to doubt that a trade could be found before the season begins."

Ya right, Lynch jut trying to stop the bleeding in the TL trade market

Originally posted by JTB1974:

DL is one of the biggest Niner homers. JL could trade Bosa for two 2nd RD picks tomorrow and DL would try to spin it into a positive trade.

Akash as well.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
The truth is you thought he could never be accurate. He proved you wrong and now is as accurate as the rest of the guys.

He just needs more time than the 49ers can afford to give him, because throwing wasn't the only place he was behind.

When did this happen?

we should send this as a memo to all clubs, he's just as accurate as the rest of the guys, and here are the preseason box scores, see what happens..
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Aug 24, 2023 at 12:37 PM ]
"49ers general manager John Lynch admitted Thursday in an interview on KNBR radio that the most likely outcome is that Lance remains with the team, and seemed to doubt that a trade could be found before the season begins."

Ya right, Lynch jut trying to stop the bleeding in the TL trade market

Who do you think would want Trey right now? There's no stopping the bleeding. That market done bled out already. It's as low as it can get. They can't cut Trey either, so I think he's actually being 100% honest.

He pretty much flat out said, "we'd trade him if we could, but I doubt anyone would take him right now" lol. How is that gonna help his market?
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 24, 2023 at 12:39 PM ]

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Man these Trey guys are really hurting and looking for excuses. A special talent guy. Yeah the 3rd string QB. He's so talented. It's just the system holding him back. I told you Trey can't play. Thank goodness we landed Brock Purdy to get us out of this bust disaster. He's not even that fast like Fields.

And here's the opposite end of the spectrum

Truth is truth. In this case tough to handle for some on the WZ who were deeply emotionally invested in this guy.

Surprised as well I thought there would be whipped cream everywhere and empty boxes of saran wrap scattered about... they are holding it together pretty well because they knew it was coming... the scenario has been explained in this thread for many months....
Yessir, it's almost like he has been to the TL thread

i have zero doubts David Lombardi, Guy Haberman and obviously Grant have WZ accounts.

ive listened to too many discussions (not Grant) that sound ripped from these pages the day of.
Share 49ersWebzone