There are 325 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
The truth is you thought he could never be accurate. He proved you wrong and now is as accurate as the rest of the guys.

He just needs more time than the 49ers can afford to give him, because throwing wasn't the only place he was behind.

When did this happen?

we should send this as a memo to all clubs, he's just as accurate as the rest of the guys, and here are the preseason box scores, see what happens..

This off-season. Every one who watched the games who isn't blind or stupid can CLEARLY AND OBVIOUSLY see he has dramatically improved his accuracy. He was not missing passes consistently in these games. He was missing READS consistently. You do understand that a pass and a read are not the same thing, right?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
"49ers general manager John Lynch admitted Thursday in an interview on KNBR radio that the most likely outcome is that Lance remains with the team, and seemed to doubt that a trade could be found before the season begins."

Ya right, Lynch jut trying to stop the bleeding in the TL trade market

Who do you think would want Trey right now? There's no stopping the bleeding. That market done bled out already. It's as low as it can get. They can't cut Trey either, so I think he's actually being 100% honest.

He pretty much flat out said, we'd trade him if we could, but they doubt anyone would take him right now lol.

OtC there is interest out there, teams just low balling at this point testing Lynch's pain tolerance and him using any leverage he thinks he might have.
The truth is you thought he could never be accurate. He proved you wrong and now is as accurate as the rest of the guys.

He just needs more time than the 49ers can afford to give him, because throwing wasn't the only place he was behind.

When did this happen?

we should send this as a memo to all clubs, he's just as accurate as the rest of the guys, and here are the preseason box scores, see what happens..

This off-season. Every one who watched the games who isn't blind or stupid can CLEARLY AND OBVIOUSLY see he has dramatically improved his accuracy. He was not missing passes consistently in these games. He was missing READS consistently. You do understand that a pass and a read are not the same thing, right?

Who are the rest of the guys you are referring to? Would BP be in that group?

Yeah I didn't see anything wrong with his accuracy at all in these two games.
Seems like the offensive genius tried very hard....

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTB1974:

He said who ISN'T BLIND.

I would say that he still did struggle with the short ones.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Yessir, it's almost like he has been to the TL thread

Being on twitter is enough. The replies to his tweets are a mess of overly emotional confused fans. You only get a taste of that here. The most biased individuals accusing others of bias, lol.

I am biased against TL's talent, nothing wrong with that, and it turns out my bias was right all along.

His accuracy when he was set looked better for sure. On the move it still looked a bit spotty, although he only had a handful of those and half were still good to very good. Those are tougher throws generally.

Accuracy was far from his only issue unfortunately.

should be pinned as the first post in this thread

No s**t a guy with 50+ starts has an edge to be a backup in the league. You want your backup to be someone reliable and can make the simple plays. He's a career backup at this point same as Dalton and Teddy.

Lance was about projection, development and upside. It was about the long-term and the understanding that if given playing time he could turn into a good/great starter. He was given none of that.

I know this will fall on deaf ears with you because you don't want to hear any of it and cared more about being right and your narrative.

I am biased against TL's talent, nothing wrong with that, and it turns out my bias was right all along.

At least you admit you couldn't be objective. That's a start.

Oh i was talking about the trey nutters, mainly on Twitter. You're good in my book Riverdamus. I don't see personal bias in your posts, you just don't like the ability as you mentioned. Thats the game.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He had opportunities, twice. He got injured, twice. Then Purdy came in and ripped the doors off the hinges. The training wheels project is over.

Moral of the story is to not overdraft a guy that will need years of work just to become a functional NFL QB. Let some other team take that risk.

Haha if you call that opportunities for the biggest trade in franchise history, more power to ya.

Meanwhile turds like Sam, Zack Wilson s**t even Josh Rosen got at least a seasons worth of starts before coming to a conclusion on them. I can name a TON of 1st rd picks that were given more opportunities than Lance before turning the page.

moral of the story is if everyone and their mother KNEW he needs to play football to develop. Then you give him next to none of that, either don't draft him in the first place (if you don't plan on giving him that) or you completely whiffed on your draft eval and should be held accountable for making the worst draft pick in NFL history. You chose which is it??

They misjudged how far from ready he was. It's not complicated. Those other turds were not on contenders, and Trey definitely wasn't ready to lead a contender. It was a f**k up in evaluation. I think they liked the kid on a personal level and messed up by letting that affect their judgement on if he was a legit high round prospect. If you think about it logically, why the hell would you draft a guy with so little experience so high in the first place if you need a qb right away? He was never going to be ready within a year, and injuries held him back even longer. He is far from the worst draft pick in NFL history, lol. There have been plenty of first round picks that sucked worse than him. That Bama linebacker we drafted high, then cut, was a bigger bust than Trey. Ditka trading an entire draft for a known pothead was way worse. Don't be so melodramatic. Teams miss on picks like this and it usually hurts the team a lot more than pissy fans and national media catching the vapors. They are lucky that they have a team that is highly competitive, this whiff, if it turns out to be a full on whiff, isn't as big a deal as the drama queens on national media are trying to play it out as.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
No s**t a guy with 50+ starts has an edge to be a backup in the league. You want your backup to be someone reliable and can make the simple plays. He's a career backup at this point same as Dalton and Teddy.

Lance was about projection, development and upside. It was about the long-term and the understanding that if given playing time he could turn into a good/great starter. He was given none of that.

I know this will fall on deaf ears with you because you don't want to hear any of it and cared more about being right and your narrative.

nah...it'll fall on deaf ears because you come across as so mad

it's just a tweet

When did this happen?

Who are the rest of the guys you are referring to? Would BP be in that group?

All our QBs on average. Brock is not great because he has unusual accuracy. He's great because he has unusual processing.

EDIT: Daniel Jones was the most on target passer in the league last year per PFR at 81%. Was he that good? There is more to quarterbacking than throwing. Purdy has all that stuff in spades. Lance didn't even have the throwing until this year.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Aug 24, 2023 at 12:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone