There are 311 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Kyle is a DIRTY RAT and its going to blow the f**k up in his arrongant face,we all have seen "I see ghost passrushers for years "darmold is what he is. kyle may be a good play caller but he has`nt a clue about QBs...just look at his track record ;Bethard, Micromanaging Jimmy G,and Now Trey ....cleary out playing darnold....9ers aren`t going to the Super Bowl this year Purdy will be hurt and in comes mr retread failure....been a 9er fan longer then some of you guys have been alive John Brodie days..I know dirty when I see it and this is pure dirty Shame on you kyle why did you waste those draft picks and Trey `s time why Kyle aren`t you the one whose suppose to know what the hell you are doing..always the Bridesmaid and never the Bride that`s you kyle
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Aug 24, 2023 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
It's not a new "conspiracy". It was being pushed here by people since Darnold signed here. The camp battle is irrelevant. You don't know if Darnold outplayed Trey any better than people know if Trey outplayed Darnold. What we do know is that many people who are well connected to the Shanahan's and who receive first dibs on all of the leaks were 100% certain that Darnold was going to be the #2 before OTAs even started. That doesn't give the impression that the thumb wasn't on the scale for this "competition".

You're conflating this result with what was actually argued when Darnold signed. I was one of those people making the arguments when he did, lol.

I also made no claim to know who looked better in camp. I said reports were mixed and Darnold outplayed Trey in the games… which I did see. I also thought Darnold would likely be QB2 coming into the competition because he's simply a better player than the version of Lance we had seen up until camp. I just didn't know how much Trey would actually improve. I assumed little because he needs real playing time.

If you think Trey couldn't have come in and taken that QB2 job through his play and the outcome was predetermined, you're mistaken. He didn't do it because he's not good enough right now. Development and potential mean jack s**t when we have our QB1 in Purdy and don't have the PT necessary for Lance.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Anyone that thinks how SF has handled this from day 1 to now as "normal" regarding drafting/developing a top 3 pick QB hasn't been paying attention to the league for over a decade OR is a bias as s**t. Plain and simple

This FO goes about things completely against the grain compared to other successful FOs in the league. The process has mostly been atrocious, luckily the results haven't been so far.
Anyone that thinks how SF has handled this from day 1 to now as "normal" regarding drafting/developing a top 3 pick QB hasn't been paying attention to the league for over a decade OR is a bias as s**t. Plain and simple

I think most see that trade as very stupid. Using 3 firsts and a 4th round pick for the rawest of QB prospects not having played a season of football in a while?

Is it any wonder it didn't work out?

I know you wanted him started immediately... odds are better he would have been destroyed, confidence and all... little difference to now, really. We don't know this, of course, but he demonstrated after some time that he holds the ball too long, struggles handling the pass rush and with short passes (which is with both a problem and its usual solution).
NinerTalk really loves Trey Lance. Lmao. I really liked the pick. But its time to move on. Get over it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
At this point seems like a 5th by itself would be a miracle. Predicting a 6th max if he's moved.

Sam got moved for a 2nd and 4th with years of horrible football attached to him, plus NC had to pickup his 5th yr option when they traded him.

josh Rosen got moved for 2nd and 5th after 10 starts of disgusting play.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 24, 2023 at 1:16 PM ]
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

should be pinned as the first post in this thread

I guess the way I can rationalize the disparity is that the media learned that positive Trey reports resulted in high click / impressions and it was good for business.

We learned very quickly during the Raiders game there was a large disparity between what they all reported and where the reality is. That was further proven by the recent decisions by the 9ers.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
NinerTalk really loves Trey Lance. Lmao. I really liked the pick. But its time to move on. Get over it.

They are very emotionally invested. This going south also makes them look bad because they have been riding this guy for years saying he will be the next Mahomes.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Kyle is a DIRTY RAT and its going to blow the f**k up in his arrongant face,we all have seen "I see ghost passrushers for years "darmold is what he is. kyle may be a good play caller but he has`nt a clue about QBs...just look at his track record ;Bethard, Micromanaging Jimmy G,and Now Trey ....cleary out playing darnold....9ers aren`t going to the Super Bowl this year Purdy will be hurt and in comes mr retread failure....been a 9er fan longer then some of you guys have been alive John Brodie days..I know dirty when I see it and this is pure dirty Shame on you kyle why did you waste those draft picks and Trey `s time why Kyle aren`t you the one whose suppose to know what the hell you are doing..always the Bridesmaid and never the Bride that`s you kyle
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They are very emotionally invested. This going south also makes them look bad because they have been riding this guy for years saying he will be the next Mahomes.

They are.... it would make an interesting Masters thesis paper to analyze the primary reasons why, I don't think it is football related.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

Yeah... Trey has always shown to be a good kid. If anything, he deserves a much better class of fans than he has.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
"49ers general manager John Lynch admitted Thursday in an interview on KNBR radio that the most likely outcome is that Lance remains with the team, and seemed to doubt that a trade could be found before the season begins."

Ya right, Lynch jut trying to stop the bleeding in the TL trade market

Who do you think would want Trey right now? There's no stopping the bleeding. That market done bled out already. It's as low as it can get. They can't cut Trey either, so I think he's actually being 100% honest.

He pretty much flat out said, "we'd trade him if we could, but I doubt anyone would take him right now" lol. How is that gonna help his market?

I said it yesterday, if they had a trade partner they would have never announced he got demoted to QB3. They would have just traded him.
Sam got moved for a 2nd and 4th with years of horrible football attached to him, plus NC had to pickup his 5th yr option when they traded him.

josh Rosen got moved for 2nd and 5th after 10 starts of disgusting play.

Don't forget Jimmy G and his 94 random passes in NE netted them a 2nd.

Don't see Trey fetching that though
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They are.... it would make an interesting Masters thesis paper to analyze the primary reasons why, I don't think it is football related.

Maybe they bought Lance jerseys? Lol.
Trey's fans is so cringe…it should be 49er fans. Can stop with the tribal BS

So a Niner fan is suppose to be happy with Sam Freakin Darnold? I am sorry but anybody who thinks it's going to be any different here for him than it was in NY and Carolina are sady mistaken. The guy averages an INT per game in his career and that doesn't even include the fumbles. And he was like this in college. But people just continue to make excuses for him.
Share 49ersWebzone