There are 178 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Anyone that thinks how SF has handled this from day 1 to now as "normal" regarding drafting/developing a top 3 pick QB hasn't been paying attention to the league for over a decade OR is a bias as s**t. Plain and simple

In the posts you are making about how the team handled Lance, to me, it seems like you are leaving one very important aspect out - Brock playing well. How, if at all, do you think Brock factors into the team mismanaging Lance? To me, Lance got injured and Brock took his job. If your argument is that this is a mismanagement of Lance, then Kyle sitting Brock to develop Lance would be mismanaging the team.
And Wentz with his contract and what he went for as well.

I don't think he will get anything close to that but man just keep him if you're gonna get nothing. They save next to no money this yr either (already paid his roster bonus).

So if NO ONE in the NFL wants him including the coach who drafted him, why keep him? They don't make him #3 because they believe in him.

As you say about Brock, it's not like he's some vet superstar we are giving up
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
At this point seems like a 5th by itself would be a miracle. Predicting a 6th max if he's moved.

Oh ffs just keep him. $6M extra in cap space and a 6th rounder isn't going to help us win a Super Bowl. Trey Lance briefly stepping in for an injured Purdy and injured/terrible Darnold might, who knows. Maybe if Purdy turns into a pumpkin (please no) he'll get one more shot.

Also if we let Trey walk after 2024 and he signs elsewhere, don't we get a comp pick?
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Aug 24, 2023 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
The "tribal BS" comes from y'all's behavior, not the acknowledgement of it.

Yeah, god forbid fans post opinions on a message board.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
They didn't announce it. It was leaked, I suspect by Trey's agent, maybe?

How ever it came out, which we don't know, they don't make that decision if they have a trade partner. They just trade him… they did decide to pull the trigger now to give 2 weeks for the story to fade away before the season.
You mean since I've been here for the past 10 yrs? I'm from NY and I'm Italian, it's how I talk buzzy.

Now I truly get it
Who gives a f**k if they're contenders or not? You draft a QB top 3 overall you play them. This team was clearly doing just fine with avg to below avg QB play for years. they thought they were doing SO GREAT that they had no problem throwing 3 1sts in the trash to get him in the building….imagine drafting 3 players in the 1st and saying nah they don't need to play because "we're trying to win a SB" lol GTFO with that

If he could have helped the team he would have been playing. It's not a good look for Shanahan or Lynch that it has come to this. They just misjudged and became enamored with a developmental prospect who couldn't make the huge jump from NDSU to NFL playoff caliber play. Maybe he's better off on a crap team where he can play. I never bought into the Lance hype train to begin with, so this doesn't shock me. He was inaccurate coming out and looked faster and more dynamic than he was against small time competition. Professional malpractice by GM and Coach to trade so much for such a project. But they had a lot of goodwill to burn with other later round draft steal like Kittle and Purdy, so maybe they probably survive. But where are you coming from saying who gives a f**k if they are contenders? Why not start your own TreyLanceZone. This one is a 49ers site.
Originally posted by thl408:
In the posts you are making about how the team handled Lance, to me, it seems like you are leaving one very important aspect out - Brock playing well. How, if at all, do you think Brock factors into the team mismanaging Lance? To me, Lance got injured and Brock took his job. If your argument is that this is a mismanagement of Lance, then Kyle sitting Brock to develop Lance would be mismanaging the team.

I'm not saying the situation was handled great, since i never thought we should of drafted lance in the first place, but what are they supposed to do now? sit brock and try to develop lance?

People have to realize that the team most likely doesn't think Lance is going to become some stud, like certain people on here believe. Other teams don't believe that either since his trade value is essentially nothing. What he has shown in games, regardless if some want to believe it, isn't good. His value wouldn't tank worse than what Darnold's did when he was a Jet.

You can't just sit here and assume lance IS going to develop into a stud with more reps, if the team believed that, he would be #2, at worst.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch developed the 49ers into a playoff contender that is loaded with talent. Yet, Kyle is a "DIRTY RAT."

OK.

But still no SB because he doesn't want an elite QB. He thinks his system is the star. He's the only SB contender that doesn't currently have an elite QB. Chiefs have Mahomes. Bills have Allen. Bengals have Burrow. Eagles have Hurts. In order for us to win the SB we are going to have to go through 2 of those teams. The Eagles and whichever of those AFC teams I just mentioned.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NYniner85:You mean since I've been here for the past 10 yrs? I'm from NY and I'm Italian, it's how I talk buzzy.

Now I truly get it

Ahhh he's part of Cosa Nostra.. hahha

Originally posted by Shorteous:
Anyone that thinks how SF has handled this from day 1 to now as "normal" regarding drafting/developing a top 3 pick QB hasn't been paying attention to the league for over a decade OR is a bias as s**t. Plain and simple

If I had a dollar for everytime you've used expletive language over the last 24 hours

You mean since I've been here for the past 10 yrs? I'm from NY and I'm Italian, it's how I talk buzzy.

I mean you do use that language frequently, but it's hit a whole new level in the last 24 hours
Originally posted by tankle104:

I'm not saying the situation was handled great, since i never thought we should of drafted lance in the first place, but what are they supposed to do now? sit brock and try to develop lance?

People have to realize that the team most likely doesn't think Lance is going to become some stud, like certain people on here believe. Other teams don't believe that either since his trade value is essentially nothing. What he has shown in games, regardless if some want to believe it, isn't good. His value wouldn't tank worse than what Darnold's did when he was a Jet.

You can't just sit here and assume lance IS going to develop into a stud with more reps, if the team believed that, he would be #2, at worst.

Huh? QB2 gets the same reps as QB3, doesn't he?
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Aug 24, 2023 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by JTB1974:
So a Niner fan is suppose to be happy with Sam Freakin Darnold? I am sorry but anybody who thinks it's going to be any different here for him than it was in NY and Carolina are sady mistaken. The guy averages an INT per game in his career and that doesn't even include the fumbles. And he was like this in college. But people just continue to make excuses for him.

Exactly kyle better pray every day that Purdy does not get hurt,if Purdy gets hurt season over
Originally posted by krizay:
And Wentz with his contract and what he went for as well.

I don't think he will get anything close to that but man just keep him if you're gonna get nothing. They save next to no money this yr either (already paid his roster bonus).

So if NO ONE in the NFL wants him including the coach who drafted him, why keep him? They don't make him #3 because they believe in him.

As you say about Brock, it's not like he's some vet superstar we are giving up

The 9ers we're down to their 4 string QB last season, that right there Is a good enough reason to keep him Imo.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Pretty sure they unlocked that box, opened it up and realized there was no unicorn inside. 🦄 🔒
Share 49ersWebzone