There are 222 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by thl408:
In the posts you are making about how the team handled Lance, to me, it seems like you are leaving one very important aspect out - Brock playing well. How, if at all, do you think Brock factors into the team mismanaging Lance? To me, Lance got injured and Brock took his job. If your argument is that this is a mismanagement of Lance, then Kyle sitting Brock to develop Lance would be mismanaging the team.

I'm not saying the situation was handled great, since i never thought we should of drafted lance in the first place, but what are they supposed to do now? sit brock and try to develop lance?

People have to realize that the team most likely doesn't think Lance is going to become some stud, like certain people on here believe. Other teams don't believe that either since his trade value is essentially nothing. What he has shown in games, regardless if some want to believe it, isn't good. His value wouldn't tank worse than what Darnold's did when he was a Jet.

You can't just sit here and assume lance IS going to develop into a stud with more reps, if the team believed that, he would be #2, at worst.

Huh? QB2 gets the same reps as QB3, doesn't he?

traditionally, no. They may with Kyle but usually second string runs the scout team. a lot of teams don't even keep a third stringer anymore. but my point is that if they thought Lance had the ability to be great and just needed reps, they would get him on the field if the first string guy went down. Not take him farther away from it.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
In the posts you are making about how the team handled Lance, to me, it seems like you are leaving one very important aspect out - Brock playing well. How, if at all, do you think Brock factors into the team mismanaging Lance? To me, Lance got injured and Brock took his job. If your argument is that this is a mismanagement of Lance, then Kyle sitting Brock to develop Lance would be mismanaging the team.

I'm not saying the situation was handled great, since i never thought we should of drafted lance in the first place, but what are they supposed to do now? sit brock and try to develop lance?

People have to realize that the team most likely doesn't think Lance is going to become some stud, like certain people on here believe. Other teams don't believe that either since his trade value is essentially nothing. What he has shown in games, regardless if some want to believe it, isn't good. His value wouldn't tank worse than what Darnold's did when he was a Jet.

You can't just sit here and assume lance IS going to develop into a stud with more reps, if the team believed that, he would be #2, at worst.

Pretty sure they unlocked that box, opened it up and realized there was no unicorn inside. 🦄 🔒

It's either that or they realized that Unicorn is 2-3 years away, min. If they thought he was able to turn into a great QB and be a reliable player now, he would definitely be QB2.

I just think the people on here who are big believers in Trey are failing to recognize that the team most likely doesn't believe Trey has that ability.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
So a Niner fan is suppose to be happy with Sam Freakin Darnold? I am sorry but anybody who thinks it's going to be any different here for him than it was in NY and Carolina are sady mistaken. The guy averages an INT per game in his career and that doesn't even include the fumbles. And he was like this in college. But people just continue to make excuses for him.

Exactly kyle better pray every day that Purdy does not get hurt,if Purdy gets hurt season over

If Hurts gets hurt season over for eagles. If Allen gets hurt season over for bills. If Burrow gets hurt season over for bengals. If Mahomes gets hurt season over for chiefs. So what's your point?
There are some trades going on around the NFL, we will see if we get any breaking news alerts
So a Niner fan is suppose to be happy with Sam Freakin Darnold? I am sorry but anybody who thinks it's going to be any different here for him than it was in NY and Carolina are sady mistaken. The guy averages an INT per game in his career and that doesn't even include the fumbles. And he was like this in college. But people just continue to make excuses for him.

Exactly kyle better pray every day that Purdy does not get hurt,if Purdy gets hurt season over

I'm not confident In Darnolds ability to win us games should Brock get hurt. I'd much rather give Lance a shot should that happen, Instead of seeing the same old sam throwing picks all over the place. Just My opinion though

what up tank, where you been, u r late to the party today
I can answer that,how many runs up the middle have you seen plays called for Brock like a running back
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Huh? QB2 gets the same reps as QB3, doesn't he?

traditionally, no. They may with Kyle but usually second string runs the scout team. a lot of teams don't even keep a third stringer anymore. but my point is that if they thought Lance had the ability to be great and just needed reps, they would get him on the field if the first string guy went down. Not take him farther away from it.

Well, it's live game reps that the dude needs, not practice. So unless we suffer another catastrophe, yes, QB2 will get the same amount of reps as QB3.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
This off-season. Every one who watched the games who isn't blind or stupid can CLEARLY AND OBVIOUSLY see he has dramatically improved his accuracy. He was not missing passes consistently in these games. He was missing READS consistently. You do understand that a pass and a read are not the same thing, right?

Yeah I didn't see anything wrong with his accuracy at all in these two games.

I would say that he still did struggle with the short ones.

Yeah, agree 💯%, Trey's really behind and really bad on the short passing game. That's the heart of Kyle's offense. It's a ball control offense because it preserves the defense to act aggressively to create turnovers. Kyle plays keep away on offense and take away on defense. Seems to work when he has the QB he needs to work the system like Jimmy (when he's healthy) and Brock (when he's healthy).
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
There are some trades going on around the NFL, we will see if we get any breaking news alerts

reading between the lines seems like Lynch is ready to move TL, but he isn't just going to dump him for the first or best offer he gets, he is going to work with TL so he feels good about his new landing spot... classy move imo

Kyle is the HC in the league that can make this type of trade, never play him, Then get rid of him after only 4 games for peanuts and not have his job be in jeapardy. Andy Reid is the only other one because he recently has 2 SB's so he would be bulletproof. But Kyle hasn't won a championship and yet he is untouchable.
It's either that or they realized that Unicorn is 2-3 years away, min. If they thought he was able to turn into a great QB and be a reliable player now, he would definitely be QB2.

I just think the people on here who are big believers in Trey are failing to recognize that the team most likely doesn't believe Trey has that ability.

Agreed they still talk as if his talent is an assured thing that can't be questioned.
I can answer that,how many runs up the middle have you seen plays called for Brock like a running back

I got one too. How many times have you seen Brock overthrow a screen pass?
Originally posted by YACBros85:

If Hurts gets hurt season over for eagles. If Allen gets hurt season over for bills. If Burrow gets hurt season over for bengals. If Mahomes gets hurt season over for chiefs. So what's your point?

We are the only team I know of that got better everytime our QB got hurt… well until Josh Johnson went in. It's like they had the depth chart backwards last year!!!
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

reading between the lines seems like Lynch is ready to move TL, but he isn't just going to dump him for the first or best offer he gets, he is going to work with TL so he feels good about his new landing spot... classy move imo

I just hope we move on here, go forward into 2023. Hard to envision TL playing for us again, or playing well if he does. One idea, is we can keep Allen thru cutdown, and cut someone else. Then if we trade TL after cutdown, before week 1, we add someone back. I think BP, Sam, Allen is the room.
Share 49ersWebzone