There are 122 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Damn, can't believe what he said about Kyle... geez.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 29, 2023 at 6:28 PM ]

Originally posted by boast:

Haha. I love watching the Cowboys implode. LOL.

Originally posted by tankle104:
I've never seen a player in my life that keeps getting a spot on the roster when he's consistently the worst QB on the team. Lol

2021: given QB2 (which I get it but he still didn't earn it)
2022: handed QB1 when he was the worst qb on the roster
2023: gets beat out by darnold and Team goes with Brandon allen
2023: will Grier is better but still gets cut to make room for him. Still the worst QB on the roster.

Honestly, it's impressive.

Have you ever seen a top 3 pick in your life not be on a team in the 3rd season after he was drafted?

The Punter has #5.. I think he'll get that next year.. I'm sure he wants to prove himself before throwing his money around and taking new teammate's #s.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I've never seen a player in my life that keeps getting a spot on the roster when he's consistently the worst QB on the team. Lol

2023: will Grier is better but still gets cut to make room for him. Still the worst QB on the roster.

Have you ever seen a top 3 pick in your life not be on a team in the 3rd season after he was drafted?

I don't think it's happened before, right? Maybe Ryan leaf? How long was he a charger?
"I'm kind of really trying to move on, but yeah, it definitely took some time," Lance said. "That conversation obviously wasn't something I wanted to hear, but that's the reality of the situation. Nothing but respect and gratitude for everyone there -- coaching staff, locker room, athletic training staff, everyone I spent a ton of time with these last few years, especially after absconding with 28 million for doing jack s**t and f**king up that franchise. Obviously, it was tough, but for me it was trying to figure out what was next and what's going to happen in the future."
Originally posted by Afrikan:

The Punter has #5.. I think he'll get that next year.. I'm sure he wants to prove himself before throwing his money around and taking new teammate's #s.

or Trey x 5 = 15
this guy came to mind

We'll see who rocks it better

I don't think it's happened before, right? Maybe Ryan leaf? How long was he a charger?

Of course its never happened before, which is why the "I've never seen a player in my life that keeps getting a spot on the roster when he's consistently the worst QB on the team." comment couldnt be more ridiculous.

For the record, Ryan Leaf was out of the league AFTER year 3....and after he had 21 starts in the NFL.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Aug 29, 2023 at 6:45 PM ]

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
"I'm kind of really trying to move on, but yeah, it definitely took some time," Lance said. "That conversation obviously wasn't something I wanted to hear, but that's the reality of the situation. Nothing but respect and gratitude for everyone there -- coaching staff, locker room, athletic training staff, everyone I spent a ton of time with these last few years, especially after absconding with 28 million for doing jack s**t and f**king up that franchise. Obviously, it was tough, but for me it was trying to figure out what was next and what's going to happen in the future."

Of course its never happened before, which is why the "I've never seen a player in my life that keeps getting a spot on the roster when he's consistently the worst QB on the team." comment couldnt be more ridiculous.

For the record, Ryan Leaf was out of the league AFTER year 3....and after he had 21 starts in the NFL.

Not ridiculous at all. Lmao whats ridiculous is this guy went 3rd overall. I said it at the time and still believe that he shouldn't of been a first round pick. Even the cowboys had him as a second round grade. Lol

the difference is, have you ever seen a top three pick not be able to beat a bust for a backup position in year two? And He sure as hell isn't better than Grier, yet gets his job.

the team that drafted him didn't want him and traded him to a conference rival, which tells you that he doesn't have the upside they initially thought.

in other words, he sucks and keeps getting peoples job based on potential that the people who wanted him has determined he doesn't have. You can cry about how many starts you want but he's been so bad behind the scenes that the team didn't want him out there.
So we traded Trey because he was unhappy with being the #3 QB. We did this in order that he might have an opportunity to be a #2 elsewhere.

But he's still a #3. Only his address has changed. We received a 4th round pick.

Why'd we trade him? There's more here. Was it for the pick? If so, that doesn't speak much to the front office's opinion of him. Was there discontentment expressed behind closed doors on his part?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I bet Lance expected the punter to just give up his number.. it's the reason it took so long
Originally posted by Jakemall:
So we traded Trey because he was unhappy with being the #3 QB. We did this in order that he might have an opportunity to be a #2 elsewhere.

But he's still a #3. Only his address has changed. We received a 4th round pick.

Why'd we trade him? There's more here. Was it for the pick? If so, that doesn't speak much to the front office's opinion of him. Was there discontentment expressed behind closed doors on his part?

He flat sucks. We traded him cuz his best value to us was the cap relief we get back, from DAL taking on the contract. That's it folks.

He legit needs a G League, where he can throw 40 passes a game and level up. No NFL team will give him that, but it's what he needs. G League Lance.
Share 49ersWebzone