There are 158 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I've heard several NFL pundits state that Lance is just the latest case in support of a developmental league. Arena ball just isn't it.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by boast:

What a ????. Glad he's off the team. Go be a QB3 for the Cowgirls lol

Trey's a clown because he's excited for a new opportunity? Man… y'all too emotional about this.

faithful repeatedly calling him "G league Trey"

Yet I was called a Jimmy hater for much much less. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Originally posted by dj43:
I've heard several NFL pundits state that Lance is just the latest case in support of a developmental league. Arena ball just isn't it.

It's a very correct take imo. He needs reps, and a place where he can just air it out all day. No NFL team is handing him that, unless he levels up his game a lot. The Catch-22, is he will have to level up his game, without the meaningful in game reps he needs to do so. If he wasn't on contract, I would encourage him to go to another league, where he can play. He is on contract, so he will probably be standing on the DAL sideline for two years, is my guess. I think NFL Europe did well, Warner and Delhomme both were in SBs, and got to play there, I think Tomsula was there lol, a lot of folks were. I think USFL and XFL can do this. We already see a lot of the high level players in those leagues, getting camp invites, etc.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Trey's a clown because he's excited for a new opportunity? Man… y'all too emotional about this.

I've heard that take from countless ppl on TV etc, it's just the truth. He needs a league where he can throw 40 times a game. No NFL team can give him this. Kyle Shanahan said this. Kyle said, there is no developmental league. That's what he needs. LeSean McCoy said he needs to be in G League. That's who he is. In reality. If you want to pump him up to be more than he is, be my guest. If we want to remember back, remember when you said there is no way we even bring in a vet to compete with Lance? You told me I don't understand how QB competitions and NFL offseasons work? Remember this? Just calling it as it is, then and now. No hate, just eyes open and reporting back what I see.

I never once said I know Trey will be better than Jimmy. Not once. Your inability or refusal to to acknowledge that is the problem here, not me.

The only thing I believed was that we needed better QB play to win it all. I liked Trey as a prospect, and I have no problem admitting I was wrong about that.

Somehow this offseason, a lot of the Jimmy stans tried to pretend all of the folks who believed in Trey hated Purdy, and yet, that was not the case at all. I never once said anything negative about Purdy, I was a believer very early. Of course, there's a several fans you got political in supporting Trey, but they were outnumbered by the fans who said our season was over when Jimmy got hurt, because he was considered the main reason for our success by many, not Kyle.

The difference between you and I is that I've acknowledged when I've been wrong. Many times in fact. Your inconsistency with what you consider "hate" is so blatantly hypocritical and yet you've never acknowledged it.

You once called me a Jimmy hater for posting a stat… if I used your standard of hate I could have called you one a hundred times. But I don't because I'm not 7 years old.

So don't come here acting like you're objective in any form or fashion.. your punching bag is gone and you're still spitting on the grave.

If you're truly never going to acknowledge your hypocrisy, please block me.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

What a ????. Glad he's off the team. Go be a QB3 for the Cowgirls lol

It's G League Lance, cuz of the alliteration, get it correct lol

I've heard that take from countless ppl on TV etc, it's just the truth. He needs a league where he can throw 40 times a game. No NFL team can give him this. Kyle Shanahan said this. Kyle said, there is no developmental league. That's what he needs. LeSean McCoy said he needs to be in G League. That's who he is. In reality. If you want to pump him up to be more than he is, be my guest. If we want to remember back, remember when you said there is no way we even bring in a vet to compete with Lance? You told me I don't understand how QB competitions and NFL offseasons work? Remember this? Just calling it as it is, then and now. No hate, just eyes open and reporting back what I see.

I never once said I know Trey will be better than Jimmy. Not once. Your inability or refusal to to acknowledge that is the problem here, not me.

The only thing I believed was that we needed better QB play to win it all. I liked Trey as a prospect, and I have no problem admitting I was wrong about that.

Somehow this offseason, a lot of the Jimmy stans tried to pretend all of the folks who believed in Trey hated Purdy, and yet, that was not the case at all. I never once said anything negative about Purdy, I was a believer very early. Of course, there's a several fans you got political in supporting Trey, but they were outnumbered by the fans who said our season was over when Jimmy got hurt, because he was considered the main reason for our success by many, not Kyle.

The difference between you and I is that I've acknowledged when I've been wrong. Many times in fact. Your inconsistency with what you consider "hate" is so blatantly hypocritical and yet you've never acknowledged it.

You once called me a Jimmy hater for posting a stat… if I used your standard of hate I could have called you one a hundred times. But I don't because I'm not 7 years old.

So don't come here acting like you're objective in any form or fashion.. your punching bag is gone and you're still spitting on the grave.

I liked JG, he can play ball and we won a lot of games with him. I don't like TLs game, I don't think he can play, and he cost us a fortune. So I am viewing their game, and saying I like one and not the other. You deem this hypocrisy. It isn't. Not all QBs are the same, we should have different opinions on each. You go on about hypocrisy and QB fairness, I frankly have no idea what you are talking about. Other than you seemed to get angry, when ppl would mention that Lance isn't it, like Mike Martz and his take on Lance. But the take was correct! Cohn mocked Martz, as did ppl on this board, yet go back and rewatch that take, he nails it long before a lot of ppl understood what was going on. Ppl just didn't want to hear / accept it.

What a 🤡. Glad he's off the team. Go be a QB3 for the Cowgirls lol

He was smiling when he heard Cowboys, not because of a new opportunity. he was already QB3 on a storied franchise. You know, the one that spent 3 first and 3rd on him. The one that gave him 28 mil for doing close to Jack s**t. Too bad he was "too damn emotional" to see it. He was too busy crying himself out of town. That's why he's a clown, IMO. It's fine if you disagree, wouldn't expect any different lol

because big boys like you use words like "Jimmy Stan" instead

"Hypocrisy at its finest"
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Aug 30, 2023 at 10:01 AM ]

I guess the hypocrisy was calling a spade a spade? Can someone explain what is even meant by that? Am I not allowed to think JG can play ball and help the team in his day, and TL couldn't? Based on their play? I have never gotten this logic

Hit the nail on the head, didn't I?

Again, I rarely use that word… but it's required for this context.

Something tells me you use it with much more regularity.

I guess the hypocrisy was calling a spade a spade? Can someone explain what is even meant by that? Am I not allowed to think JG can play ball and help the team in his day, and TL couldn't? Based on their play? I have never gotten this logic

If you didn't think Jimmy was trash you were a "Jimmy Stan" according to waterbear and others. Also, if you didn't think Lance was the next Josh Allen.

Hit the nail on the head, didn't I?

Again, I rarely use that word… but it's required for this context.

Something tells me you use it with much more regularity.
Yeah, for "context". I'm sure all the other times you've used that word was for "context" as well

I stand by my statement that there are/were very few, if any, Trey Lance superfans in our fanbase. The debates all offseason were people who think Trey is garbage against people who say its too early to tell/unknown/etc. It wasnt like the Jimmy arguments where one side thinks he is a good/great QB vs. people who think he is average/below average. But the Jimmy fans want to make it sound like it was the exact same type of debate. Its just comical.

And the Jimmy fans have zero concept of what hating or being a hater is. An overwhelming majority of the time someone uses the term "hater," they have no logical argument. Its a signal that they lost the debate.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I stand by my statement that there are/were very few, if any, Trey Lance superfans in our fanbase. The debates all offseason were people who think Trey is garbage against people who say its too early to tell/unknown/etc. It wasnt like the Jimmy arguments where one side thinks he is a good/great QB vs. people who think he is average/below average. But the Jimmy fans want to make it sound like it was the exact same type of debate. Its just comical.

And the Jimmy fans have zero concept of what hating or being a hater is. An overwhelming majority of the time someone uses the term "hater," they have no logical argument. Its a signal that they lost the debate.

The melodrama by these dudes is insane. I'm as big of a Trey supporter as anyone(obviously) but I just think 4 games to judge a guy is just flat out stupid. I have no clue what Trey is just as I still need to see more from Brock. I don't recall people saying Trey is going to be a superstar. I simply think he has a lot of untapped potential and we seen that potential in game 2. He just needs to play.

And sorry but there are legit Jimmy haters and legit Trey haters. It's a form of slang not that people actually hate these guys. I'm a full fledge Darnold hater. I don't hate Sam as a human, but he's a garbage football player. People who constantly b***h and moan yet can never say anything positive are haters. I say own it. If you can't even enjoy or compliment a guy that won a lot of games and helped get to multiple NFCC's and a SB you are a hater.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 30, 2023 at 10:52 AM ]
lmao people still talking about this kid?
It's Purdy show now. Get a life and move on.
Share 49ersWebzone