49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 500 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Who's more likely to blame the OL or coaching for the SB or NFC championship loss, someone who thought highly of our QB play, or someone who didn't? I'll wait.

But, however you slice it, many fans this offseason have tried to make this Brock vs Trey argument. I can show you post after post of replies I got where someone assumed I wanted Trey to start over Brock… simply because I defended Trey. That was never the case. It was pure projection on their part.

And in those posts, I never once claimed to know Trey would be a good QB, I just defended him against claims that were and still are unknowable. Like assuming he was in Hawaii not working out due to a social media post, or claiming the team hated him, or that Kyle hated him, or pretending to know the context of the team meeting during the 2022 offseason.

There's a reason why I criticize Faithful6 and not Hysterikal for example. Hysterikal made a "Trey is trash" joke, yet he's always held QBs to the same standard. He mocks everyone when it's appropriate and doesn't get defensive towards criticism about someone he likes. My issue is with posters who cried wolf about Jimmy for years, making everything about "haterism" towards their QB, and yet they turn around and do worse to Trey. Mocking him, calling him nicknames, all the stuff they would blow a gasket if it was against Jimmy. It's absolutely hypocritical whether you want to acknowledge that or not. But of course you don't because you fall into that category.

I made an unbiased poll about "who holds the offense back more" with Jimmy and Kyle the only options.

It was an incredibly simplistic question, even a dumb question, but what it's not was biased.

Yet you claimed it was hatred towards Jimmy, along with many others, yet not one poster claimed it was hatred towards Kyle. And Kyle was leading in votes for several days.

You're getting way off track. Has nothing to do with the original convo. You like to go on tangents, airing out all your grievances you've had with posters.

All I'm going to say about that, is you can be guilty of some of the stuff that you accuse others of. For example, yesterday when you called posters Jimmy stans and then got on 49erfaithful for using the word hater and called him childish for it.

anyways, moving on.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Aug 31, 2023 at 9:45 PM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
lol imagine if we meet them again in the playoffs and other qbs are injured and Trey comes in and beats us lololol.... the laughing stock of the NFL would be us

I wouldn't count on it, lol.

It would not suprise me at all if, some time between now and the next 15 years that Brock and Trey play in a Superbowl. Possibly against each other. They're young and their careers have barely started. The clock is ticking. I understand the decision to trade Trey and have accepted that he was a victim of circumstance. He broke his ankle and lost he chance and the arrival of Brock sealed his fate. F*&k the Cowboys.
McCarthy already noticing lances s**ttyness. I don't care how many reps he hasn't had, footwork should have already been perfected and it wasn't.

JTO was right. Lance made shanahan want to punch himself in the face.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/08/31/cowboys-mike-mccarthy-describes-first-impression-trey-lance-with-brilliant-movie-reference

Very hard working," McCarthy said of Lance on Thursday morning. "We have a quarterback meeting room area. He's pretty much kind of taken it over. The grease boards look like '[A] Beautiful Mind.' …We just need to work on the extra things, particularly in the area of footwork."
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Sep 1, 2023 at 4:04 AM ]
Some of you really have some mental issues. Like it's troubling.

Nothing better to do in your life than continue to come into threads to spread BS.
Originally posted by bewdynewk:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
lol imagine if we meet them again in the playoffs and other qbs are injured and Trey comes in and beats us lololol.... the laughing stock of the NFL would be us

I wouldn't count on it, lol.

It would not suprise me at all if, some time between now and the next 15 years that Brock and Trey play in a Superbowl. Possibly against each other. They're young and their careers have barely started. The clock is ticking. I understand the decision to trade Trey and have accepted that he was a victim of circumstance. He broke his ankle and lost he chance and the arrival of Brock sealed his fate. F*&k the Cowboys.

It's not uncommon. Just using this situation as an example :)

In March 2001, Bledsoe signed a then-record ten-year, $103 million contract.

During the second game of the 2001 season, Bledsoe was racing toward the sideline on third-and-10 when New York Jets linebacker Mo Lewis leveled him with a hard, but clean hit.

With Bledsoe appearing to have suffered a concussion, backup Tom Brady came in to finish the game.

Bledsoe was rushed to the hospital, where it was discovered that Lewis' hit had sheared a blood vessel in his chest, causing a hemothorax that had him bleeding a pint of blood an hour.

Brady took the starting job and led New England to the playoffs.

With Brady entrenched as the starter, Bledsoe was traded to the Patriots' division rival, the Buffalo Bills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Bledsoe
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Who's more likely to blame the OL or coaching for the SB or NFC championship loss, someone who thought highly of our QB play, or someone who didn't? I'll wait.

But, however you slice it, many fans this offseason have tried to make this Brock vs Trey argument. I can show you post after post of replies I got where someone assumed I wanted Trey to start over Brock… simply because I defended Trey. That was never the case. It was pure projection on their part.

And in those posts, I never once claimed to know Trey would be a good QB, I just defended him against claims that were and still are unknowable. Like assuming he was in Hawaii not working out due to a social media post, or claiming the team hated him, or that Kyle hated him, or pretending to know the context of the team meeting during the 2022 offseason.

There's a reason why I criticize Faithful6 and not Hysterikal for example. Hysterikal made a "Trey is trash" joke, yet he's always held QBs to the same standard. He mocks everyone when it's appropriate and doesn't get defensive towards criticism about someone he likes. My issue is with posters who cried wolf about Jimmy for years, making everything about "haterism" towards their QB, and yet they turn around and do worse to Trey. Mocking him, calling him nicknames, all the stuff they would blow a gasket if it was against Jimmy. It's absolutely hypocritical whether you want to acknowledge that or not. But of course you don't because you fall into that category.

I made an unbiased poll about "who holds the offense back more" with Jimmy and Kyle the only options.

It was an incredibly simplistic question, even a dumb question, but what it's not was biased.

Yet you claimed it was hatred towards Jimmy, along with many others, yet not one poster claimed it was hatred towards Kyle. And Kyle was leading in votes for several days.

It's almost as if you've not been posting on the 49ers Webzone for years or something. Nearly every member who's been around for years and posts regularly has participated in the behavior you described here and those who haven't are few and far between. It's the main reason I stopped posting regularly. I have been a member of this forum longer than most, but have a low post count compared to many despite spending time on this site every day because I got sick and tired of debating/arguing with hypocrites.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
McCarthy already noticing lances s**ttyness. I don't care how many reps he hasn't had, footwork should have already been perfected and it wasn't.

JTO was right. Lance made shanahan want to punch himself in the face.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/08/31/cowboys-mike-mccarthy-describes-first-impression-trey-lance-with-brilliant-movie-reference

Very hard working," McCarthy said of Lance on Thursday morning. "We have a quarterback meeting room area. He's pretty much kind of taken it over. The grease boards look like '[A] Beautiful Mind.' …We just need to work on the extra things, particularly in the area of footwork."

I wouldn't say "perfect" but it definitely shouldn't be bad. I've always thought that a big problem with playing Lance is that there isn't a single aspect of playing QB that he current does "well" or "good" or "reliable".

this is why I said. Early in the off season, I can see the coaches being more comfortable with darnold because you know what he is good at and isn't good at, so it's easier to gameplan for him and put him in the right positions to do well. There is no part of playing NFL QB that Lance does consistently well - he does everything consistently poorly throughout his first few years.

couple that with his fragile confidence, idk why anyone thinks him playing more will currently make him better. He's going to go out there and continually play bad. He needs to get better at a lot of things behind the scenes and then play, so he has a chance at playing well. Otherwise he's going to look like he's always look, not good at all.

playing is an important part of getting better but you need to be at a certain level when you play to actually be able to get better. I don't think he's there at all, yet.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 1, 2023 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
It's almost as if you've not been posting on the 49ers Webzone for years or something. Nearly every member who's been around for years and posts regularly has participated in the behavior you described here and those who haven't are few and far between. It's the main reason I stopped posting regularly. I have been a member of this forum longer than most, but have a low post count compared to many despite spending time on this site every day because I got sick and tired of debating/arguing with hypocrites.

I can't disagree with anything you said. I've definitely posted less and less in this thread, even before the trade. But there's definitely been an uptick in bashing Trey right after his injury and right after he was traded. I think it's cowardly at best to mock someone when they can't prove themselves on the field.

I understand people will get political about these things, and only argue their side, which personally I have no problem with at all. I also understand the frustration with the pick itself, and I don't think it's wrong to voice those opinions.

The difference to me is that many posters were called haters for such benign things in comparison to Trey. I was called a hater for not believing Jimmy was a top 10 QB (multiple times), yet I never called someone a hater for simply saying they didn't think Trey was any good.

I was called a hater for posting a stat about Jimmy, yet I applauded folks who did the same for Trey because at least they were keeping their arguments about football and not about his hairline or calling him a TE, or "g league Trey".

Reviewing bad film/reps was considered hating for Jimmy, and again, I applauded anyone who took the time to review Trey's negative film. That's all I've wanted tbh.

I was called a hater for not condemning posters enough who made false statements about Jimmy, which makes no sense because 1… I have done that and 2, the poster who called me that has never done the same for Trey.

When Jimmy got hurt, I called out many posters who mocked him, and I did the same for Trey. Again, cowardly to mock someone after they get injured.

I also thought it was ridiculous to criticize Jimmy for smiling on the sidelines during the NFC championship, and yet so often there were similar speculations/rumors spread about Trey where fans acted like they knew something that was simply unknowable, and yet those rumors were met with very little pushback.

To me, it's never even been close to being equal. Jimmy was defended so much more, and honestly, why wouldn't he be? He proved himself on the field and won a lot of big games, I'm not expecting fans to have the same admiration for both players. I wouldn't dream of that. But it's my perspective that Trey was unfairly mocked more than any QB we've had. He was also the worst pick we've had in retrospect, so I understand most of the frustration. It's just annoying how many posters don't even attempt to stay consistent, and how the claimed they wanted fairness, but in reality they just wanted fairness for their guy.
Grateful this isn't the Brock Purdy Dallas Cowboys thread..now that would be depressing. It can always be worse guys lol

"Shanahan admits 49ers selecting Lance was a 'mistake'"

https://sports.yahoo.com/shanahan-admits-49ers-selecting-lance-010235991.html

There you have it, the final verdict on the Trey Lance Experiment in San Fran

I could have told Shanny this two years ago and saved him and us 9er fans a lot of trouble
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Sep 1, 2023 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

I could have told Shanny this two years ago and saved him and us 9er fans a lot of trouble

Question is, can Kyle overcome it? and win a SB in spite of it.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Shanny will be fine, but will the Trey fans overcome it?
He doesn't run well, slow as bleep, like he's running in quicksand. Does he have velo? Not impressed, I've seen 49er QBs throw it harder. CK had a way bigger hose than this guy. His passes wobble like an idiot. That's the comp to Hill, they throw ugly balls. I just don't like TLs game. I don't see he has any to be honest.

KS absolutely 100% wrote him off after 4 starts. Traded to DAL for a next to nothing. They hoped he would level up in 18 months, KS said it didn't happen. They gave him 18 months to show something, or grow his game. KS knows exactly what he had imo. That's why he was dealt to DAL and they are sleeping easy about it.

I can almost guarantee you that Kyle and the Niner coaching staff soured on Trey the first week they saw him in camp. The biggest flaw in Trey? He's like a linebacker with a good arm. He is slow as molasses! Kyle thought he was drafting the next dual threat QB. Kyle took one look and said "oops." The light switch was turned off very fast. The rest was just damage control. They gave Trey plenty of opportunity to turn it around but for a multitude of reasons, Trey isn't/wasn't what Kyle thought he was. End of story.

Shanny will be fine, but will the Trey fans overcome it?

Lol most of us who wanted the QB we spent 3 first round picks on to succeed have already moved on. How's the raider forum going though? People like you there yet? Do you write poetry about Jimmy every day on there?
Share 49ersWebzone