Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Trey not reading/seeing the field was one of the major red flags we identified during the draft process. It's unlikely that s**t ever gets fixed.

Trey is the same guy he was when we drafted him. Dude could never see the field.

For whatever inexplicable reason, Trey opts to pass on the wide-open hitch to his TE and goes to the wide side of a field for significantly harder throw, a worse option and what would be a 100% INT in the NFL. These are the type of plays that are red flags. Is he seeing the field well? I'm not sure.

Trey Lance was rarely under pressure, so this one is a bit alarming. UCA blitz 0. Where's your hot? Why are you looking left? His hot is the shallow route coming from the right. Why are you looking to the opposite side? Dude drops his eyes under pressure and just bails...

Right, that's the overarching issue with Lance. Nobody knows what they're getting because of his lack of reps due to COVID. What's terrifying to me is how bad he looked in this 2020 game. He could have easily thrown 3 INTs, one for pick six. His ball placement was all over the place, he made bad decisions, and he just looked sloppy and lazy. That throw on the previous page where he's staring at his TE with the nearest defender about 5 yards away from him and opts to not throw him the ball is definitely worrisome. Footwork can be fixed and ball placement can improve with the aforementioned, but if you can't see the field, we've got a problem. If you listen to KNBR around here, you're very familiar with Greg Papa always talking about how some QBs simply don't see the field, and that's something almost never improves enough to overcome the shortcoming. That's not good.

You nailed it. You, San Diego and Bamaniner especially were right from the get go. Nearly the whole board, especially NY now looks like they've got no clue what qb play is supposed to look like.

You just got here? (Joined:Aug 29, 2023) So you've been lurking for a few years?

Oooooooor are you.....hmmm.

i'm offended that I wasn't included on his list.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/194858-who-one-guy-you-dont-want-49ers-drafting/

You guys were just haters, nothing to back up anything but throw out baseless speculations and hot takes so you can get your daily dose of much needed attention. If he would've worked out you trolls would've kept moving the bar every season.

Acting like you guys are some QB experts.

Most of you thought Jimmy was a great QB. Jose thinks Kyle is a bad coach. So stupid lmao

Wrong again. A lot of folks saw the flaws in Trey Lance, and understood he put up big numbers in only 1 season at a college program where nearly none of them nor it's competition would ever sniff an nfl field. Then there were the blind fans.

Lmao everyone saw flaws in his game, no s**t he had flaws...Name one poster that thought he was a complete package coming out and ready to dominate day one.

Of course he had flaws, he was raw as hell. He was a project just like some other QBs were that panned out and didn't pan out. It was a swing and a miss. But you have people in here acting like they had access to the practice field everyday and knew this already. They know more than Kyle and Lynch that picked him.

4ML for starters, and just about anyone who was pro-Trey during the entire 2021 season. It's funny to see you post "no dUh he had flaws" when I remember not too long ago you had no problem replying " " to anyone who had even the slightest criticism towards him. Trey should've been a day 3 pick, he is by far the worst of all the top QBs of that draft and it's not even up for debate. And yes, that means even Mac Jones wouldve been a better pick for this team. So all those 49ers fans who threw hissy fits at the idea of drafting him, but celebrated the Trey pick like the Niners just won the Super Bowl look really, really bad.

Lol bs. Show me 4ml saying anything close to that. Or anyone else. People were pro Trey bc we aren't emotional idiots who got butt hurt that Jimmy was getting replaced. Omg I was pro 49er draft pick that we spent a lot of capital on, how dare I.

This was fun though, we'll do it again sometime. You guys enjoy your little circle jerk and making up bs.

The only one making things up is you and your denial, you aren't fooling anyone when you try to back pedal your takes. There are over hundreds of post of fans drooling over Trey in the first thousands of pages . Someone even reposted those takes not too long ago, just go back a few pages ago, it's not hard.

and again, on the contrary the only ones emotional are you guys, Trey Lance NEVER replaced Jimmy G, unless you count when Shanahan gift wrapped him the starting job at the beginning of 2022 without actually earning it. Brock Purdy replaced Jimmy as the QB and nobody cared because he earned it

Good post agree with everything you mentioned!!!

Lol of course you do, you're part of that crew.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Your guy Trey was the biggest bust in NFL history.

Well, I don't about that. Lance's story is still unfinished. By all accounts he is a really good kid and a hard worker. If, in the end, he fails to make a career out of it, it will be because he may not have those intangible qualities that go into making an NFL starter. Lots of high draft picks don't work out for one reason or another. I would probably save the bust label for guys like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. guys who had some talent but were just too emotionally immature or lazy to take advantage of the opportunities they were given. I don't know that either of those things could be said about Lance. Time will tell.

Good kid, crackjead, addicted to lean, it doesn't matter in the end…..a bust is a bust. And while Leaf went 2 and Russell went 1, Trey was drafted to a Super Bowl contending team for all of their movable assets, that my friend is biggest bust of all time material. It's really not his fault tho, it's on lynch and Shannahan. He had no business getting drafted in the first 20 picks

They used a third pick, two 29ths, and a third rounder. That's hardly all of their movable assets. The only team to ever do that was the Saints trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams, who decided to smoke pot instead of playing football. So while this is the niners biggest blunder since trading for OJ, it's not the worst ever in the NFL.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Trey not reading/seeing the field was one of the major red flags we identified during the draft process. It's unlikely that s**t ever gets fixed.

Trey is the same guy he was when we drafted him. Dude could never see the field.

For whatever inexplicable reason, Trey opts to pass on the wide-open hitch to his TE and goes to the wide side of a field for significantly harder throw, a worse option and what would be a 100% INT in the NFL. These are the type of plays that are red flags. Is he seeing the field well? I'm not sure.

Trey Lance was rarely under pressure, so this one is a bit alarming. UCA blitz 0. Where's your hot? Why are you looking left? His hot is the shallow route coming from the right. Why are you looking to the opposite side? Dude drops his eyes under pressure and just bails...

Right, that's the overarching issue with Lance. Nobody knows what they're getting because of his lack of reps due to COVID. What's terrifying to me is how bad he looked in this 2020 game. He could have easily thrown 3 INTs, one for pick six. His ball placement was all over the place, he made bad decisions, and he just looked sloppy and lazy. That throw on the previous page where he's staring at his TE with the nearest defender about 5 yards away from him and opts to not throw him the ball is definitely worrisome. Footwork can be fixed and ball placement can improve with the aforementioned, but if you can't see the field, we've got a problem. If you listen to KNBR around here, you're very familiar with Greg Papa always talking about how some QBs simply don't see the field, and that's something almost never improves enough to overcome the shortcoming. That's not good.

You nailed it. You, San Diego and Bamaniner especially were right from the get go. Nearly the whole board, especially NY now looks like they've got no clue what qb play is supposed to look like.

You just got here? (Joined:Aug 29, 2023) So you've been lurking for a few years?

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/194858-who-one-guy-you-dont-want-49ers-drafting/

You guys were just haters, nothing to back up anything but throw out baseless speculations and hot takes so you can get your daily dose of much needed attention. If he would've worked out you trolls would've kept moving the bar every season.

Most of you thought Jimmy was a great QB. Jose thinks Kyle is a bad coach. So stupid lmao

Wrong again. A lot of folks saw the flaws in Trey Lance, and understood he put up big numbers in only 1 season at a college program where nearly none of them nor it's competition would ever sniff an nfl field. Then there were the blind fans.

Lmao everyone saw flaws in his game, no s**t he had flaws...Name one poster that thought he was a complete package coming out and ready to dominate day one.

Of course he had flaws, he was raw as hell. He was a project just like some other QBs were that panned out and didn't pan out. It was a swing and a miss. But you have people in here acting like they had access to the practice field everyday and knew this already. They know more than Kyle and Lynch that picked him.

4ML for starters, and just about anyone who was pro-Trey during the entire 2021 season. It's funny to see you post "no dUh he had flaws" when I remember not too long ago you had no problem replying " " to anyone who had even the slightest criticism towards him. Trey should've been a day 3 pick, he is by far the worst of all the top QBs of that draft and it's not even up for debate. And yes, that means even Mac Jones wouldve been a better pick for this team. So all those 49ers fans who threw hissy fits at the idea of drafting him, but celebrated the Trey pick like the Niners just won the Super Bowl look really, really bad.

Lol bs. Show me 4ml saying anything close to that. Or anyone else. People were pro Trey bc we aren't emotional idiots who got butt hurt that Jimmy was getting replaced. Omg I was pro 49er draft pick that we spent a lot of capital on, how dare I.

This was fun though, we'll do it again sometime. You guys enjoy your little circle jerk and making up bs.

The only one making things up is you and your denial, you aren't fooling anyone when you try to back pedal your takes. There are over hundreds of post of fans drooling over Trey in the first thousands of pages . Someone even reposted those takes not too long ago, just go back a few pages ago, it's not hard.

and again, on the contrary the only ones emotional are you guys, Trey Lance NEVER replaced Jimmy G, unless you count when Shanahan gift wrapped him the starting job at the beginning of 2022 without actually earning it. Brock Purdy replaced Jimmy as the QB and nobody cared because he earned it

Your back peddling is hilarious to watch. You were one of the top tier Trey fanboys who thought he should replace Jimmy G and take us to the Super Bowl in 2021. You crack me up
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Your guy Trey was the biggest bust in NFL history.

Well, I don't about that. Lance's story is still unfinished. By all accounts he is a really good kid and a hard worker. If, in the end, he fails to make a career out of it, it will be because he may not have those intangible qualities that go into making an NFL starter. Lots of high draft picks don't work out for one reason or another. I would probably save the bust label for guys like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. guys who had some talent but were just too emotionally immature or lazy to take advantage of the opportunities they were given. I don't know that either of those things could be said about Lance. Time will tell.

Good kid, crackjead, addicted to lean, it doesn't matter in the end…..a bust is a bust. And while Leaf went 2 and Russell went 1, Trey was drafted to a Super Bowl contending team for all of their movable assets, that my friend is biggest bust of all time material. It's really not his fault tho, it's on lynch and Shannahan. He had no business getting drafted in the first 20 picks

They used a third pick, two 29ths, and a third rounder. That's hardly all of their movable assets. The only team to ever do that was the Saints trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams, who decided to smoke pot instead of playing football. So while this is the niners biggest blunder since trading for OJ, it's not the worst ever in the NFL.

All of our movable assets without taking a hit somewhere on the depth chart. I apologize.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

there was only 1 group that kept moving the bar. My bar remained the sane from the start. I think he could succeed I just never seen him succeeding here. He NEVER fit the scheme. His strengths were never going to be the strengths needed to excel in the offense he was drafted to run.

In the right situation, I think Trey would be ok. I just never thought it would be here

Dude you thought Mac Jones was a better prospect, you were biased from the start.

For some reason some of you keep thinking Kyle scheme = throw passes within the numbers bc that's all Jimmy could do. It's been a different offense with Purdy, this is more Kyles "scheme". Trey was supposed to be that guy that can improvise and make all the throws. Purdy was actually doing that...

Scheme wasn't the issue. Issue with Lance is he's still raw as hell and cant read defenses well. Your scheme take has very little reason he's not here. Unless you think you understand the team better than Kyle and know what he wants scheme wise / players wise ...

Trey can't do what Purdy can do either, so not a good argument.

Clearly Kyle thought Trey might be able to run his offense the way he wants, or he wouldn't have drafted him. But since he barely played as a rookie and then had a totally different offense called for him in year 2, it's obvious that Kyle knew he couldn't do what he wanted with Trey. So he tried to fit an offense around Trey's skillset, but he simply wasn't as gifted of a runner as anyone thought. Then he got hurt.

Since then he's been outplayed by Purdy by a mile and even Darnold is a better fit for what Kyle wants to do. Kyle's words, no need for interpretation. Dallas' offense is more vertical passing so might be a better fit for Trey. I hope he does well there (unless we're playing them).
Field Yates just said on PMT that he 100% believes they made the trade to draft Mac Jones then he actually thinks they were swayed by online negativity.

I believe that to be the case as well and that is even worse than completely missing on Lance. Shows they don't have enough conviction.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Aside from all the snarky back and fourth from both sides with how fast they got rid of Trey Lance how can you sit there and say we were wrong. lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Field Yates just said on PMT that he 100% believes they made the trade to draft Mac Jones then he actually thinks they were swayed by online negativity.

I believe that to be the case as well and that is even worse than completely missing on Lance. Shows they don't have enough conviction.

I agree with this, Lynch did catch some backlash about having interest in Mac Jones after the trade up.

Your back peddling is hilarious to watch. You were one of the top tier Trey fanboys who thought he should replace Jimmy G and take us to the Super Bowl in 2021. You crack me up

Go watch cricket.

Imagine thinking that our FO or NFL FOs for the matter draft based on what people on Twitter were saying. Like I said, stick back to lurking, making intelligent posts are not your forte.

Originally posted by Furlow:

there was only 1 group that kept moving the bar. My bar remained the sane from the start. I think he could succeed I just never seen him succeeding here. He NEVER fit the scheme. His strengths were never going to be the strengths needed to excel in the offense he was drafted to run.

In the right situation, I think Trey would be ok. I just never thought it would be here

Dude you thought Mac Jones was a better prospect, you were biased from the start.

For some reason some of you keep thinking Kyle scheme = throw passes within the numbers bc that's all Jimmy could do. It's been a different offense with Purdy, this is more Kyles "scheme". Trey was supposed to be that guy that can improvise and make all the throws. Purdy was actually doing that...

Scheme wasn't the issue. Issue with Lance is he's still raw as hell and cant read defenses well. Your scheme take has very little reason he's not here. Unless you think you understand the team better than Kyle and know what he wants scheme wise / players wise ...

Trey can't do what Purdy can do either, so not a good argument.

Clearly Kyle thought Trey might be able to run his offense the way he wants, or he wouldn't have drafted him. But since he barely played as a rookie and then had a totally different offense called for him in year 2, it's obvious that Kyle knew he couldn't do what he wanted with Trey. So he tried to fit an offense around Trey's skillset, but he simply wasn't as gifted of a runner as anyone thought. Then he got hurt.

Since then he's been outplayed by Purdy by a mile and even Darnold is a better fit for what Kyle wants to do. Kyle's words, no need for interpretation. Dallas' offense is more vertical passing so might be a better fit for Trey. I hope he does well there (unless we're playing them).

No he can't. I just meant that he wanted a total package for a QB. Trey was someone that was able to run a pro offense, audible, and also handled the OL responsibility. Kyle saw a smart football player that also has the physical traits. #1 priority with Kyle seems to be accuracy, something Trey didn't show here well. Also can't read defenses like Purdy.

If Trey could've put it all together here he would've been a really good QB. But it just didn't work out here and it might not work out at all.

Imagine thinking that our FO or NFL FOs for the matter draft based on what people on Twitter were saying. Like I said, stick back to lurking, making intelligent posts are not your forte.

Mods is posting like this allowed? Hostile would be the word. He's one of those guys who can't see their own ignorance because of how much and loud they holler and post.
I know when I want the real scoop I go to Field Yates to get it.

right. hahah I highly doubt that kind of stuff is remotely considered. Try telling kyle "you cant have the guy you want because fan backlash =/" hahaha

I think they initially had Mac Jones as the favorite but as time went on and they studied the guys, they fell in love with Lance the person. I think they also gravely underestimated how raw he was. that to me was their biggest mistake, they assumed he would blossom and do it quickly. I thought he was way too inexperianced and not enough film to even know if he can play at this level. I remember kyle saying something like he thought Lance was the most pro ready out of the group.

so I think they projected lance to be a lot further ahead than he was/is. then as he got exposed to things, it was clear that he can't play at the level they hoped (at least not anytime soon).

I still think that trading him to Dallas is telling that they don't believe he will ever be a threat. otherwise, it would just be ridiculously dumb to send him there if they believed he could be a top tier qb. I personally never thought lance would be, but time will tell.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Remember that poster who said Trey, unlike Brock, "had every tool in his tool belt to become an NFL superstar"?

That was funny.
Share 49ersWebzone