There are 245 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Buddy you're taking this out of context and I even said "basic". And lol you just getting that out of the entire post. I'm sorry he didn't want Mac, you really need to get over this already...

Either way I think that draft pick proved that Kyle wanted a QB that can "do it all", hence why he picked him lmao. What more proof do you want?

Maybe I worded it badly but Kyles system isn't a QB who can just make short throws. I know some of you think that, even though his track record insists that he works with what he has.

Purdy so far has shown he can do a good amount of things and use the entire field. I don't think me saying he wants these things is going out on a limb, every coach would want a QB that can open up their entire playbook or close to it.

He wanted Jimmy gone and didn't want another Jimmy clone, aka Mac. Instead he drafted a player that hoped he would be able to do it all, just didn't work out with Trey.

Not sure why you keep assuming some of us think his system is short throws. I was the guy who thought our offense looked better under Mullens than JG. unfortunately his turnovers and other things didn't lead to team success but the passing offense IMO looked better under Mullens, mainly due to him not afraid to use he whole field. Also not sure why you think me not believing Trey was a fit has anything to do with my preference to Mac.

I didn't think Trey fit because it's a timing based offense predicated on accurate passes that garners YAC. From what I watch from Trey's throws at NDSU that wasn't him. NOTHING to do with my QB preference.

I know what Kyle "hoped", but Trey was never going to be that guy in his system. Had ZERO chance of ever working.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
Field Yates just said on PMT that he 100% believes they made the trade to draft Mac Jones then he actually thinks they were swayed by online negativity.

I believe that to be the case as well and that is even worse than completely missing on Lance. Shows they don't have enough conviction.

I agree with this, Lynch did catch some backlash about having interest in Mac Jones after the trade up.

This thread man. People actually believe Kyle/Lynch made the biggest draft pick of their careers based on Twitter feedback? Categorically absurd.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Field Yates just said on PMT that he 100% believes they made the trade to draft Mac Jones then he actually thinks they were swayed by online negativity.

I believe that to be the case as well and that is even worse than completely missing on Lance. Shows they don't have enough conviction.

I agree with this, Lynch did catch some backlash about having interest in Mac Jones after the trade up.

This thread man. People actually believe Kyle/Lynch made the biggest draft pick of their careers based on Twitter feedback? Categorically absurd.

Kyle and John don't even have enough time to see their families, they sure don't have time to read Twitter. Lmao they couldn't care less what fans are saying, they're making picks based on their teams analysis and data. People are out of their minds. Lmao
Originally posted by tankle104:

Kyle and John don't even have enough time to see their families, they sure don't have time to read Twitter. Lmao they couldn't care less what fans are saying, they're making picks based on their teams analysis and data. People are out of their minds. Lmao

i dont know if ShannaLynch were smoking the drapes or what but they seemed locked into McCorkle, then something significant changed and they were riding Trey Lance's nuts seemingly out of nowhere.... I will always be of the opinion that ownership changed their mind
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

i dont know if ShannaLynch were smoking the drapes or what but they seemed locked into McCorkle, then something significant changed and they were riding Trey Lance's nuts seemingly out of nowhere.... I will always be of the opinion that ownership changed their mind
how did they seem to be locked in, twitter ?
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Burrow would go before Dak in a redraft 10 out of 10 times. Dak is solid, that's it. Give Burrow that o line Dallas has had, with Cooper and EE and look out.
Dak is now overpaid, coming off an injury, and got the Cowboys handcuffed.

I think tonight showed how well you obviously know the QB position

Hold up, did people in here actually think Dak was better than Burrow?

Context is completely absent. So is BamaNiner.

Putting him in his place after 1 game you didnt list 100% addresses the goofiness of the things he was saying during that period of time.

It does not make any inference at all to Dak being better than Burrow. I personally don't care which one is better.

But this is taking a very old snippet with no context at all and creating your own storyline,...reminds me of someone...lol. You sure u are new here?
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 8, 2023 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

Jed literally said that he was not told who the pick was gonna be until Wednesday. Kyle and John kept it to themselves, that's widely known. Do you even actually follow this team or you're just more into posting stupid takes?
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Burrow would go before Dak in a redraft 10 out of 10 times. Dak is solid, that's it. Give Burrow that o line Dallas has had, with Cooper and EE and look out.
Dak is now overpaid, coming off an injury, and got the Cowboys handcuffed.

I think tonight showed how well you obviously know the QB position

Hold up, did people in here actually think Dak was better than Burrow?

Context is completely absent. So is BamaNiner.

Putting him in his place after 1 game you didnt list 100% addresses the goofiness of the things he was saying during that period of time.

It does not make any inference at all to Dak being better than Burrow. I personally don't care which one is better.

But this is taking a very old snippet with no context at all and creating your own storyline,...reminds me of someone...lol. You sure u are new here?

He's probably BamaNiner.
Anyone know if Lance is stuck at 3rd in the depth chart on the Cowboys roster? Any word on how he's looking?

Not much chatter at the places where Dallas fans convene.
Originally posted by TyCore:
Anyone know if Lance is stuck at 3rd in the depth chart on the Cowboys roster? Any word on how he's looking?

Not much chatter at the places where Dallas fans convene.

Getting sedated for a 12hr tattoos

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

You seriously don't think it had some impact?? I'm not saying that's how they came to the conclusion to draft Lance, I'm saying that it probably had some affect. After all you are drafting this QB to be the face of the franchise. Sure they may not care what's being said on blogs and message boards but they do listen to what's being said on the radio.

You seriously don't think it had some impact?? I'm not saying that's how they came to the conclusion to draft Lance, I'm saying that it probably had some affect. After all you are drafting this QB to be the face of the franchise. Sure they may not care what's being said on blogs and message boards but they do listen to what's being said on the radio.
Just cause they heard it doesn't mean it impacted
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

True, but its just what I believe.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

True, but its just what I believe.

Lol

The bigger impact was Mac Jones was a mediocre talent propped up by a bunch of 1st round receivers. You don't trade 3 1sts for that. Shouldn't even take that in first round.

At time I said there is a Mac Jones in every draft. Low and behold the 9ers found one that was even better at Mr. Irrelevent.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 9, 2023 at 2:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone