There are 225 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ritz126:
Trey is football smart has a great arm and is mobile its every easy to see the potential

Good vision is hard to see on tape. Lance went through his progressions fine it wasnt like what Fields showed on tape. The issue with Trey coming out was mechanics and with his injuries, it took forever to work on them and he needed a complete rebuild of them (like Aaron Rodgers did)

The other issue which we only found out later is he has a bit slow in recognizing coverage and can be tricked

Uh, no. Trey has been similar to fields & Wilson: he either doesn't see the open man or doesn't trust what he sees, throws with no anticipation, has no courage to actually throw the ball.

The same issues that plague fields & Wilson are what treys problems are. Now maybe he works through them with time (unlike fields and Wilson) but to say trey has shown more or doesn't have literally the exact same issues as those 2 QBs is inaccurate in my opinion
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Trey is football smart has a great arm and is mobile its every easy to see the potential

Good vision is hard to see on tape. Lance went through his progressions fine it wasnt like what Fields showed on tape. The issue with Trey coming out was mechanics and with his injuries, it took forever to work on them and he needed a complete rebuild of them (like Aaron Rodgers did)

The other issue which we only found out later is he has a bit slow in recognizing coverage and can be tricked

Uh, no. Trey has been similar to fields & Wilson: he either doesn't see the open man or doesn't trust what he sees, throws with no anticipation, has no courage to actually throw the ball.

The same issues that plague fields & Wilson are what treys problems are. Now maybe he works through them with time (unlike fields and Wilson) but to say trey has shown more or doesn't have literally the exact same issues as those 2 QBs is inaccurate in my opinion

+1. It's throwing the ball to "NFL open" receivers + pocket presence. Right now, Fields has more starts under his belt, but both Fields and Lance suffer from weaknesses across both.
Originally posted by communist:
watched some snippets from pre-season...wtf did we trade for? the guy doesn't have ANY vision at all. who is responsible for his scouting?
we are some damn like having BCB otherwise we would be doomed for years...

the vid I had watched shows WIDE open receivers right in front of him on multiple occasions. remember that kaep fail with two wide open receivers?
Get a sense we are going to see him next week
Originally posted by Since07:

Don't bet on it.
Trey who?

im talking about college tape. I agree he isn't great with anticipation and timing routes that's a thing almost all qbs coming in need to work on. I am saying he went through his progressions in college which is not what you saw with Fields.

im talking about college tape. I agree he isn't great with anticipation and timing routes that's a thing almost all qbs coming in need to work on. I am saying he went through his progressions in college which is not what you saw with Fields.
Yeah but who cares about college? that was his third year in the NFL and he was still bad at the very basic stuff. Man, he was on the verge of being the third qb on the depth chart...
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The 4
Originally posted by prospector49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Brock is playing like a top overall pick

What a throw to Aiyuk OVER Patrick friggn Peterson.

I can't say that Trey would've beasted like that. He would've ran it instead.

Um.. this was right before halftime from like the 40 yard line I think.

So you think both those passes are equal and both give the receiver the same opportunity to catch the ball?

I'm responding to Tony saying Trey wouldn't have attempted a tough throw and would have ran it.

Trey attempted a tough throw and got it over the defender and gave Aiyuk a chance. If Aiyuk didn't get his arm grabbed, he might have came down with it for a big play. Or maybe we would have got a call from a different ref. Then 1st and Goal from the 1 yard line.

Seems like a Perfect located ball no, for the circumstance?

Look at how wobbly that pass is; that is definitely a Trey special. One of the things that make his passes harder to catch, there's the inaccuracy and there's the wobblers.

Face it, Trey is a bust. It's going to be increasingly hard to follow his career and we will hear about him now and then if he gets spot play. Should have stayed in college and put the work on his craft in there.

The 49ers guaranteed that he was a bust when they gave up on him after 4 starts. They knew he was inexperienced when they drafted him but they had no real patience or plan to develop him. Instead they decided they didn't have time because they were in a win now mode. He may never become a decent starter et alone a good one but in either case it won't be for SF. That makes the pick a bust. Not the player.

Was it really about patience? Do you really think the team should have continued in developing Trey by putting him on the field and sit Brock?
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Was it really about patience? Do you really think the team should have continued in developing Trey by putting him on the field and sit Brock?

DAL is now the team mismanaging his development by not giving him any live reps

watched some snippets from pre-season...wtf did we trade for? the guy doesn't have ANY vision at all. who is responsible for his scouting?

Trey is smart but he hasn't demonstrated football smart. He is very very slow in processing. He doesn't manipulate defenders with his eyes. He simply can't play in the NFL right now.

Trey is smart but he hasn't demonstrated football smart. He is very very slow in processing. He doesn't manipulate defenders with his eyes. He simply can't play in the NFL right now.

Ehhh. I think you're wrong. I could pull up many clips of Trey moving defenders with his eyes. His problem has always been mechanical and the fact he's had such little experience/reps/rhythm.

It doesn't matter if I'm right or you're right, since Trey is no longer on the team and we found our franchise QB. And honestly I wouldn't change a thing.

so youre predicting the Niners are knocking out both Dak Prescott and Cooper Rush from the game?
Originally posted by boast:

so youre predicting the Niners are knocking out both Dak Prescott and Cooper Rush from the game?

Agreed. The only way we see Trey is if he takes the field as a RB or WR. Which isn't a bad idea since he could possibly take a pitch and then wing a pass downfield.

Which would then be picked off. But at least he would have his "moment."
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Ehhh. I think you're wrong. I could pull up many clips of Trey moving defenders with his eyes. His problem has always been mechanical and the fact he's had such little experience/reps/rhythm.

It doesn't matter if I'm right or you're right, since Trey is no longer on the team and we found our franchise QB. And honestly I wouldn't change a thing.

That was what he did on the TD throw up the seam to Latu. His last throw as a Niner.
Share 49ersWebzone