There are 203 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

We're having fun with this, but this never happened
The way Dak keeps performing against actual good teams, Trey is definitely on track to be the starter next season.
felt lightweight sad seeing Lance in a cowboys suit last night, such a likeable kid, but where he ended up is borderline tragic
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The way Dak keeps performing against actual good teams, Trey is definitely on track to be the starter next season.

Cowboys would have the same issue as we had. Are they going to let a raw prospect grow and develope under a very good roster? The good news for them is they don't have to, they only invested a 4th round pick.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Cowboys would have the same issue as we had. Are they going to let a raw prospect grow and develope under a very good roster? The good news for them is they don't have to, they only invested a 4th round pick.

I think with Dak's contract situation it will be difficult for them to move on from him until end of next season.

What's different is we had a young guy who could take the reigns. They have their own Jimmy G problem. Why waste time with a guy you are paying a lot to that you know can't get it done? 11 wins and a playoff loss does nothing for their future.

Rip off the bandaid and see what you can develop whether it's Trey or another young player.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

What's different is we had a young guy who could take the reigns. They have their own Jimmy G problem. Why waste time with a guy you are paying a lot to that you know can't get it done? 11 wins and a playoff loss does nothing for their future.

Rip off the bandaid and see what you can develop whether it's Trey or another young player.

Dak isn't the prob, they got shoved around all night, fans will always put that on the QB, but they have other issues. Our team is like 10x more physical than theirs. That has zero to do with Dak. They rely on having more time, which they didn't have vs our front, and getting in front and playing from ahead, rushing the passer.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Dak isn't the prob, they got shoved around all night, fans will always put that on the QB, but they have other issues. Our team is like 10x more physical than theirs. That has zero to do with Dak. They rely on having more time, which they didn't have vs our front, and getting in front and playing from ahead, rushing the passer.

DAK is absolutely an issue. All his numbers get accumulated when his team is up big. When he has to play against a team that can push him he folds. As soon as that became a 28-10 game I knew it would be turnover central. It's who he is.

He's not good enough and certainly not worth 40 million a year. Take the medicine and find someone else.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 9, 2023 at 2:12 PM ]
TL catching warmup passes on the sideline for Dak before the game, crazy how much can change in year

DAK is absolutely an issue. All his numbers get accumulated when his team is up big. When he has to play against a team that can push him he folds. As soon as that became a 28-10 game I knew it would be turnover central. It's who he is.

He's not good enough and certainly not worth 40 million a year. Take the medicine and find someone else.

Sometimes you just run into a buzzsaw named Fred Warner and you take the L. It's 40+ man rosters one vs another and our entire roster wrecked theirs. I thought Dak did fine, where was Pollard? Where was Lamb? Why was Lamb covered up all game? Where was Cooks? Where was Parsons? one can go on and on.. how many had a good game? pretty simplistic to boil one roster demolishing another to it's all the QBs fault, that's not how I see it

Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
TL catching warmup passes on the sideline for Dak before the game, crazy how much can change in year

You see the ball hit him on the head with the warm up passes? He caught it off his own head

Sometimes you just run into a buzzsaw named Fred Warner and you take the L. It's 40+ man rosters one vs another and our entire roster wrecked theirs. I thought Dak did fine, where was Pollard? Where was Lamb? Why was Lamb covered up all game? Where was Cooks? Where was Parsons? one can go on and on.. how many had a good game? pretty simplistic to boil one roster demolishing another to it's all the QBs fault, that's not how I see it

glad to see your defenses of jimmy g stay consistent as you defend dak lol. seems you have a soft spot for mediocre qbs
That head boop by Geogie... aawwww.

And Trey is in a tough situation there taking a pic... if he smiles, it looks bad for his current team after they were blown out.... if he doesn't smile, it looks like he misses being on his old team. When in fact he just wants to take a pic with his past brothers.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
glad to see your defenses of jimmy g stay consistent as you defend dak lol. seems you have a soft spot for mediocre qbs

He sure does. Defends Giants paying Daniel Jones too.

You know whos actually showing he's worth 40 mil? Brock Purdy.

Were the Cardinals a buzz saw too?
Share 49ersWebzone