There are 250 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by joeknows:
It just dawned on me (and might have already been discussed?) that Lance would likely have had to perform scout QB as Purdy when they played us. Awkward briefing room.

"Right Trey, you're going to be a capable pocket passer with a quick read, who..."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Let's just get on with it."

Which explains why we scored 42 on them

Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:
I heard the carpet upstairs is frayed, and there's stuff broken all over the place.
poltergeist

Where is Morgan Hills? $2.8M for that property? If that was in Palo Alto proper wouldn't it be like 5M+ or more?

Yep. Morgan Hill is east of San Jose. Definitely cheaper than San Jose / Santa Clara, and cheaper still than Palo Alto and Mountain View
saw lance last night on the sidelines kneeling in front of dak, can't even get a seat on the bench, all while holding a backup clipboard with actual paper, can't even get a tablet.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
saw lance last night on the sidelines kneeling in front of dak, can't even get a seat on the bench, all while holding a backup clipboard with actual paper, can't even get a tablet.

Such a nonsensical trade for Dallas, to me.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Classic Jerry Jones move.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Classic Jerry Jones move.

I wonder if the point of the move was two fold, one to buy low a early round NFL draft selection, two to light a fire under Dak.
When you trade for any QB, and Jerry talking about how he needed to make the move, guarantee you that catches Dak's attention in a big way
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I wonder if the point of the move was two fold, one to buy low a early round NFL draft selection, two to light a fire under Dak.
When you trade for any QB, and Jerry talking about how he needed to make the move, guarantee you that catches Dak's attention in a big way

Yea I don't know man. Is Dak really threatened by bringing in any qb via trade? We just saw an example of a player who was in transition from starter to backup take less money for the chance to compete with Trey.

He's not even the first up on the depth chart and the Cowboys have indicated they aren't picking up his 5th year option.

Yea I don't know man. Is Dak really threatened by bringing in any qb via trade? We just saw an example of a player who was in transition from starter to backup take less money for the chance to compete with Trey.

He's not even the first up on the depth chart and the Cowboys have indicated they aren't picking up his 5th year option.

I think it's as simple as Dak tied for the NFL lead in picks last year, without playing the full year. The Boys were/are at a crossroads with his contract. They wanted perhaps an insurance policy, if Dak turned in a sour year. Dak instead, perhaps vitalized by the new snap count , has dialed it to 11. Expect a new deal. Being in or around your contract year is a motivator, as is bringing in some young hotshot.

edit - Not so much threatened, I don't think Rodgers was immediately threatened by a rook Jordan Love, but for ultra competitive QB1s, you take that personal. You think I am done? I'll show you.. that kind of mentality.. it can just add more fuel to the fire
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Dec 12, 2023 at 2:23 PM ]

Anythings possible I guess but if I was betting I'd say Jerry was drunk and looking for attention when they made the trade.
Lance to Vikings was his best option and it made sense for both sides

Look how it would have turned now

Vikings would be starting him with a shot at the playoffs still

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

I don't know what MIN is doing, they invested in a rook but they are not starting the rook, they are starting Mullens. So I doubt from what I have seen of both that Trey would be ahead of Mullens. He would be on the bench like Hall is now. Now maybe if MIN is out of contention, Hall will get some starts.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

The honest question is if playing Lance would be better than Mullens or the Passtronaut in the context of this season. Probably not.

really? but they told us he just needs more reps he's never going to get them now
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
really? but they told us he just needs more reps he's never going to get them now

Of course they aren't. It would cost 25 million ish.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

Seattle Sea Dragons gonna have some options between Mac, Zach, and Lance
Share 49ersWebzone