Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

To be fair, we can't really talk either lol

Was never a good pick
Originally posted by Zachary:

To be fair, the 49ers despite not winning a championship in almost 30 years still have plenty of playoff success. Sports are at their best when you're seeing your teams compete at the highest level with a chance to win it all, plenty of amazing memories for Niners fans to look back on. Catch 2, Wildcard comeback vs NY, Catch 3, owning the Packers multiple times, coming back from 17 points in the NFCCG twice to name a few . Cannot say the same about the Dallas Cowboys in that timespan. Would suck being a fan of that team in your early/mid 30s and under. Nothing to show for it outside of mediocrity and early playoff exits
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 1, 2024 at 12:43 PM ]
All true but we need a championship
"Oh my god, this was guy was trucking IT professionals in college. He was outrunning future IT professions and mid-level corporate managers."

TreyAnon

This dude has become my favorite 49ers' content creator

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 1, 2024 at 8:41 PM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Zachary:

To be fair, the 49ers despite not winning a championship in almost 30 years still have plenty of playoff success. Sports are at their best when you're seeing your teams compete at the highest level with a chance to win it all, plenty of amazing memories for Niners fans to look back on. Catch 2, Wildcard comeback vs NY, Catch 3, owning the Packers multiple times, coming back from 17 points in the NFCCG twice to name a few . Cannot say the same about the Dallas Cowboys in that timespan. Would suck being a fan of that team in your early/mid 30s and under. Nothing to show for it outside of mediocrity and early playoff exits

So many fans have this crazy boom or bust view which is absurd. The most miserable years were 2003-2010 and 2015-2016. Older fans can talk about that Joe Thomas era. We at least have had something to look forward to, for the better part of the last 30 years. Hoping we can finally close the deal.
Originally posted by Heroism:
"Oh my god, this was guy was trucking IT professionals in college. He was outrunning future IT professions and mid-level corporate managers."

TreyAnon

This dude has become my favorite 49ers' content creator

This guy is spot on about Lance. He was a major dud. And all the people on here who thought he was the next best thing since Jesus and better than Jimmy G. lol.

Then the last pick in the draft comes along and shows Lance up for what he is.... a bust.
Trey will be alright. Trey has millions more than Brock....for now.
Originally posted by krizay:

Was never a good pick

That is a nice way to frame it.

It was total disaster. If it wasn't for Purdy, ShannyLynch may not be here this season.

Was never a good pick

That's what happens when the team was forced to watch Jimmy play. It forced us to pick the polar opposite of him. Sucks it didnt work out, but am happy with Purdy.

I don't mind the Lance miss. Two things happened. He got hurt his first two season and lost all that massive development time Kyle was willing to put in, and then Purdy showed up. Crazy frustrating and bad, but once they knew Purdy was healthy they moved on. At the time I was nervous because I did not want to risk losing Purdy longer and figured lets see Lance for four games etc, but it certainly worked out.

He is still very young and if a coach puts the time in I bet he ends up being solid, but will that ever happen?
Originally posted by Jcool:

Interesting:) I hope he gets it, wishing the best for Lance. I think he's gotten way too much hate since the cut honestly. I mean it was fun to joke around but sheesh. Like I get it..he didn't do so hot that preseason and BP is a better qb and glad he is qb1. Though the hatey comments from Niners fans that seemed to flip overnight on this guy after the cut like hard 180 was a bit cringe. Dude should get another shot, hope it's with the Vikings. All the best, TL:)
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Was never a good pick

It was total disaster. If it wasn't for Purdy, ShannyLynch may not be here this season.

We'd probably have Cousins today..
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Was never a good pick

We'd probably have Cousins today..

IMO, Cousins would have made that pass to Sanders and we'd have won the SB.
Share 49ersWebzone